You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gatwick airport to Peckham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 11:13am
Peckham brixton croydon. All the same

I was woke up the other night to sirens and what not about 6 houses down from where I live about 2am.

Turned out the lad had been hit in the head......... With an axe!

Edited by daboi89 - 23 Oct 2015 at 11:14am
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 11:35am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

I live 10 mins from brixton. Get the Victoria train from Gatwick to croydon. East or West

Then the southern service to london bridge it stops in Peckham Rye.

About 5.20 return from Gatwick to croydon then about 2.90 each way so 6 return 6 pound each from peckham to croydon. 11 pound total each

15 mins and 36 mins on trains. So less than an hour . A taxi will take this at the rest with traffix
Is there a train from Gatwick to West Croydon? Thought they all stopped at East Croydon only, which doesn't have any direct trains from there to Peckham. Could be wrong on that but if not, it's easier to get to Clapham Junction and only have the one change there to Peckham then having to go from East Croydon to West Croydon to get the southern train to Peckham, would take a lot longer too.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 12:01pm
Southern only stop at east croydon
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Cool, my point is there is no direct train from East Croydon to Peckham Rye. There's only directs from West Croydon to Peckham and there's no trains from Gatwick to West Croydon so he's better off going to Clapham Junction and changing there, especially if the group don't know the train routes. That was a long way of saying daboi89, you're not fully correct!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Cool, my point is there is no direct train from East Croydon to Peckham Rye. There's only directs from West Croydon to Peckham and there's no trains from Gatwick to West Croydon so he's better off going to Clapham Junction and changing there, especially if the group don't know the train routes. That was a long way of saying daboi89, you're not fully correct!
West Croydon , hummmm is that something akin to Bagdad / Damascus ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Safer in Baghdad than around West Croydon at times CM!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 1:46pm

worse.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 5:49pm

Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

I live 10 mins from brixton. Get the Victoria train from Gatwick to croydon. East or West

Then the southern service to london bridge it stops in Peckham Rye.

About 5.20 return from Gatwick to croydon then about 2.90 each way so 6 return 6 pound each from peckham to croydon. 11 pound total each

15 mins and 36 mins on trains. So less than an hour . A taxi will take this at the rest with traffix
Is there a train from Gatwick to West Croydon? Thought they all stopped at East Croydon only, which doesn't have any direct trains from there to Peckham. Could be wrong on that but if not, it's easier to get to Clapham Junction and only have the one change there to Peckham then having to go from East Croydon to West Croydon to get the southern train to Peckham, would take a lot longer too.

I'm in West cryodon station as we speak.its a couple of mins walk from East Croydon

Go to clapham if ya want but if ur on a budget go my way
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 5:51pm

worse.

I second this.

I got a bus from new Addington to croydon there after work. About 15 /18 people on it. I was the only EUROPEAN person it. Also the only white person too
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 6:51pm

I'd feel safer in Damascus.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic