You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Go Green On November Sixteen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

3 will be obvious one.to go to.

can anyone remember who sponsored last one?
was it the Star and someone else?

Daily Mail the French play off in Croker iirc

examiner for Croker
Star did flag

Get on to them all.👍
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 10:28pm
Get Paddy Power on board , their colours are Green and they love a bit of cheap publicity
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 10:29pm

Three did the cards v Estonia, still have the card in my box of programmes I think the card display as done against us v Poland would be amazing. . It's well manageable as well if Poland can do it so can we.. no reason why a couple of sponsors can put there logos on the back. Maybe get 3 sponsors, 1 for each colour. I can take the day off college and place them on seats
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Three did the cards v Estonia, still have the card in my box of programmes I think the card display as done against us v Poland would be amazing. . It's well manageable as well if Poland can do it so can we.. no reason why a couple of sponsors can put there logos on the back. Maybe get 3 sponsors, 1 for each colour. I can take the day off college and place them on seats

Would there be much cost difference between the 3 colours and just having plain green ?

The Examiner ones were plain Green and looked well.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 10:40pm
I think the tri colours covering the whole south stand would be the best, then the rest of the ground just coloured in Green. 

Edited by irelandfan - 21 Oct 2015 at 10:41pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I think the tri colours covering the whole south stand would be the best, then the rest of the ground just coloured in Green. 
Definitely this!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 11:22pm
Realistically have 3 weeks to pull this together lads so be best to put some concrete plans in place e.g

●are we going to go with all green card like before or we going to do the tri colour in the south stand.

●are we going to order any new banners etc

●can a fans March be organised from slatterys (or alternatively ballsbridge hotel)

●getting a poster designed to be circulated to the media over next few weeks advertising the #GoGreenNovember16 campaign

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

TBH. That would look class.
Should do this lads, it would highlight the end the singing comes from.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 11:26pm
I hope by ogransining a March yous dont mean asking the Guards for permission, just do it! Set a time and place a go, they're not going to stop us or care

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 21 Oct 2015 at 11:27pm
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 11:30pm
all you need is circa 50/100 in the march and loads will join, set off a couple of green flares in said march and the streets outside it would be hoping
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Irish examiner IIRC

Defo the Examiner
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Stonesy114 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stonesy114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 12:13am

I think this would look class in the South Stand Lower tier.

Maybe then green cards for the rest of the stadium or maybe even one section green and every second section in white?

Would love a proper march with smoke bombs too
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 12:17am
Nothing says atmosphere like a good face painting, has anyone thought of doing some face painting? Do we know anyone who loves a good facepaint who's also into a bit of public relations....

In short we need some face painting but in a non militant manner as well that's just crazy craic all together

Bring on the face painting
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 12:53am

Something like this in South stand be great
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 1:03am
That would look excellent will happily volunteer on the day of the match to place these around the stadium.   
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 1:07am
Is there any other material we could possibly use besides cards? After the display against Estonia in the 2nd leg, the large majority of them became paper airplanes and those of us in the lower sections were at the mercy of those above LOL though granted that could be because the game was a foregone conclusion.

The flags we had against Poland were OK but I don't think they'll have the same effect as a display would. 3 supported both displays so I'm sure they'll get involved. Just hope the logo doesn't ruin the overall design of what we end up using.

Fully agree we have to have a tricolour display in the South Stand, it would look superb Clap would also be great if we could get most if not of all the South Stand tiers covered in flags old and new. Again, I don't know how feasible this will be given whats happened in the last 12 months.

FAI have been heavily promoting an initiative to get into your seat around 19:35 mark in past games. I would suggest they alter it to go 19:30 just to get the ball rolling quicker.

Music as well is also another factor the stadium should look into. I know they can't do anything with the UEFA approved stuff but before the game is crucial. Thats where they can set the tempo in the stands and get people really going. Even the Hans Zimmer piece I compiled with Irish football commentary would be class, if a bit long. I might try and put it to a video over the next few days and see what people think of it.

There's over 3 weeks to this game, which might seem like enough time but getting the build-up started now, we can really snowball it. Happy to help out any way I can. Thumbs Up
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Fr Fintan Stack View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fr Fintan Stack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 1:08am
Yeah lads if yous need a poster designed, my brother is a graphic designer so I can try and get him involved! I'll be taking the monday off college anyway so if you need any help setting up in the ground I'd be more than happy to! Surely Slatts would be willing to give a loan of one or two of their flags they hang in the outside area and maybe help contribute with new ones? Thumbs Up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Is there any other material we could possibly use besides cards? After the display against Estonia in the 2nd leg, the large majority of them became paper airplanes and those of us in the lower sections were at the mercy of those above LOL though granted that could be because the game was a foregone conclusion.

The flags we had against Poland were OK but I don't think they'll have the same effect as a display would. 3 supported both displays so I'm sure they'll get involved. Just hope the logo doesn't ruin the overall design of what we end up using.

Fully agree we have to have a tricolour display in the South Stand, it would look superb Clap would also be great if we could get most if not of all the South Stand tiers covered in flags old and new. Again, I don't know how feasible this will be given whats happened in the last 12 months.

FAI have been heavily promoting an initiative to get into your seat around 19:35 mark in past games. I would suggest they alter it to go 19:30 just to get the ball rolling quicker.

Music as well is also another factor the stadium should look into. I know they can't do anything with the UEFA approved stuff but before the game is crucial. Thats where they can set the tempo in the stands and get people really going. Even the Hans Zimmer piece I compiled with Irish football commentary would be class, if a bit long. I might try and put it to a video over the next few days and see what people think of it.

There's over 3 weeks to this game, which might seem like enough time but getting the build-up started now, we can really snowball it. Happy to help out any way I can. Thumbs Up

We still have permission to hang the banners as before but can only cover certain advertising signs when hanging them up. Feel we should get the 1s we have hung up for this game as we didn't get them up before Germany game. We probably be allowed to put 1 out on the pitch like before.

Think we should encourage all fans to bring their flags to this game as well. Many on here have got our own flags that we bring to away games but most don't bother bringing them to home games. Be great to see the stadium covered in tricolours like what happens on away trips
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic