You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sarajevo Friday November 13th Travel and Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 70>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

From where? To where? Return from DUB?!

This should be interesting, I'm gonna guess it's not direct.

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:41pm
From where? To where? Return from DUB?!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:39pm
route gone

Edited by Salzburglilly - 19 Oct 2015 at 5:38pm
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Booked up yesterday for €290 return, not bad. That's still €280 cheaper than the total cost of my Poland flights.

Christ you must have booked it late

Very late, one of them being the day before LOL

Edited by Trapped - 19 Oct 2015 at 4:42pm
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Booked up yesterday for €290 return, not bad. That's still €280 cheaper than the total cost of my Poland flights.

Christ you must have booked it late
Cathal Bourke
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:30pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:20pm
Just did. You need more, let me know.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:05pm

Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

For anyone looking back on the Saturday, try Tuzla-Eindhoven then Amsterdam-Dublin.
Train journey in the Netherlands involved, but it's still coming up for less than €70.

Anybody on that flight pm me. I assume a bus or taxi shared with others heading from Sarajevo - Tuzla is being organised.. need to know asap before I book

Tuzla to Eindhoven alone is now €96, albeit the Amsterdam flight is a very reasonable €30. €19.40 for the train from Eindhoven station to Schiphol, plus whatever for the bus from Eindhoven airport to train station. A taxi for four from Sarajevo to Tuzla is about €80, so €20 each. That makes a total cost of about €166.

Sarajevo Cologne Dublin is now €187, and doesn't involve a two hour taxi ride in Bosnia, nor does it involve a two hour train ride across the Netherlands. For €20 extra, I know which route I'd be choosing.

SD. pm that actual route,
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:03pm

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Driving in a 7 seater hire van from Vienna airport on Thursday morning and back to Vienna on Saturday,might have a spare seat  in the van if anyone is interested.

How long will that take?

Also how much would that be costing?

7 hour drive,picking up the van from the airport on Thursday morning,should be in Sarajevo about 4pm, van hire is 250€ so about 35€ each.

Just a word of advice for anyone thinking of joining up on this route, Bratislava flights, arriving at 13:10 on both Wednesday and Thursday, are €25. Whether 13:10 Thursday is too late for Salzburglilly (I reckon it might be) is another matter but it's an option, assuming you can get from Bratislava airport to Vienna okay. The Wednesday option, with a night in Bratislava or Vienna, and then the train to Vienna airport, is probably the better bet.

Bratislava Vienna Sunday flight is €88, so that's not ideal, but it remains an option.

Yes SD a bit late, we want to head out early to see a bit of Sarajevo on Thursday evening, if anyone arrives in Vienna on the Wednesday night there are plenty of gaffs to crash in.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:00pm

Driving in a 7 seater hire van from Vienna airport on Thursday morning and back to Vienna on Saturday,might have a spare seat  in the van if anyone is interested.

How long will that take?

7 hour drive,picking up the van from the airport on Thursday morning,should be in Sarajevo about 4pm, van hire is 250€ so about 35€ each.

Just a word of advice for anyone thinking of joining up on this route, Bratislava flights, arriving at 13:10 on both Wednesday and Thursday, are €25. Whether 13:10 Thursday is too late for Salzburglilly (I reckon it might be) is another matter but it's an option, assuming you can get from Bratislava airport to Vienna okay. The Wednesday option, with a night in Bratislava or Vienna, and then the train to Vienna airport, is probably the better bet.

Bratislava Vienna Sunday flight is €88, so that's not ideal, but it remains an option.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

For anyone looking back on the Saturday, try Tuzla-Eindhoven then Amsterdam-Dublin.
Train journey in the Netherlands involved, but it's still coming up for less than €70.

Anybody on that flight pm me. I assume a bus or taxi shared with others heading from Sarajevo - Tuzla is being organised.. need to know asap before I book

Tuzla to Eindhoven alone is now €96, albeit the Amsterdam flight is a very reasonable €30. €19.40 for the train from Eindhoven station to Schiphol, plus whatever for the bus from Eindhoven airport to train station. A taxi for four from Sarajevo to Tuzla is about €80, so €20 each. That makes a total cost of about €166.

Sarajevo Cologne Dublin is now €187, and doesn't involve a two hour taxi ride in Bosnia, nor does it involve a two hour train ride across the Netherlands. For €20 extra, I know which route I'd be choosing.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 3:56pm

How long will that take?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

It's €282 Wednesday to Saturday return with Lufthansa, reasonable flight times as well, via Frankfurt and Vienna. That is far from the worst option at the minute. It's €400 doing Thursday to Saturday, though, and nearly €500 for Thursday to Sunday.

But if you are still stuck for a route, a single booking on Wednesday to Saturday with LH is a decent bet. They're a fine airline to fly with, the connections are guaranteed (and they'll put you on the next flight if one is very late, without extra charge), there's food and alcohol included and you arrive into Sarajevo not Tuzla. 12:45 - 21:35 on the way over, and 15:05 to 22:50 on the way back, so the timings are perfect, with no changeover under an hour or more than 2h15m, so no unnecessary laying over in airports.

If I hadn't booked yet, I'd bite the bullet and give LH €282 for Wednesday to Saturday.

That's €487 now SD. One way

Try pricing that as a return.... LH don't price one ways as half of a return. They have a pricing model that works on round trips.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 19 Oct 2015 at 3:50pm
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 3:48pm

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Beermonster View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beermonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 3:41pm
Hows it going folks. Long time reader, first time poster!

Just booked myself. Dublin to Sarajevo via Istanbul on the thursday. Leaving Sarajevo on the Saturday morning at 930 back to Istanbul. No flight back to Dublin from there on the saturday so doing a day and night in Istanbul then early morning flight back to Dublin on the Sunday. €380 return! A bit unorthodox but will be adding Sarajevo and Istanbul to my travel list so happy with that!
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 3:35pm

It's €282 Wednesday to Saturday return with Lufthansa, reasonable flight times as well, via Frankfurt and Vienna. That is far from the worst option at the minute. It's €400 doing Thursday to Saturday, though, and nearly €500 for Thursday to Sunday.

But if you are still stuck for a route, a single booking on Wednesday to Saturday with LH is a decent bet. They're a fine airline to fly with, the connections are guaranteed (and they'll put you on the next flight if one is very late, without extra charge), there's food and alcohol included and you arrive into Sarajevo not Tuzla. 12:45 - 21:35 on the way over, and 15:05 to 22:50 on the way back, so the timings are perfect, with no changeover under an hour or more than 2h15m, so no unnecessary laying over in airports.

If I hadn't booked yet, I'd bite the bullet and give LH €282 for Wednesday to Saturday.

That's €487 now SD. One way

Edited by The Boy Z - 19 Oct 2015 at 3:36pm
Theres only one sport that matters..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 3:29pm

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

All booked but it took some searching. Ended up with 6 flights, thru 7 different airports, 187 euro all in.

This will either make or break me, probably the latter 
LOL

Good sweet babby Jaysus. That's a f**king nightmare.

flying out is manageable. flying back will be interesting LOL considering i've done all nighters after the previous two away games with flights early the next morning, (i have a day to spare this time around) i think this isn't as bad......... marginally

Bo will you pm me that route?
Still looking to book. Any time I look on those search engine sites they give you a price but when you click into it it's either gone or an extra couple of hundred quid.
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 70>
  Share Topic