You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Web Summit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Jaysus between that and Sharon absolutely grilling the bollox off yer man on 6.1 last night they really don't seem to have much sympathy from the media anyway.

They started out with a massive amount of sympathy. Then they started talking and the media clocked him for what he is.

She is dead right that emailing a head of government on Friday after office hours with an RSVP for Sunday for an event is actually offensive. We are beyond arrogant.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 1:35pm

Yeah don't get me wrong I'm no fan of Cosgrove and his pal. I'm not much of a fan of the government either but in this instance I don't really think (apart from an email exchange which they could have handled a little better) they've much of a case to answer for. Cosgrove tried to milk the sh*t out of them (and therefore the taxpayer) just like he is milking the sh*t out of all the attendees at his Summit.

Having said that, I don't have much time for Kay Burley style interviews which are more akin to interrogations with constant interrupting of the interviewee either. No-one has come out of this whole escapade looking well. Pettiness on all sides really.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 2:19pm
Well, yes, Sharon did interrupt him a few times, but in most instances he had either finished answering the question asked and had moved on to try and blow his own trumpet, or else hadn't even answered the question properly in the first place.

It was a hard hitting interview that asked the questions that needed to be asked, the ones that questioners at the tittywank in the morning with Paddy Cosgrave hadn't asked. Long and short of it, they come out of it looking like chancers who want loads of sh*t for free, including a load of sh*t the Taoiseach has little enough control over (like hotel prices). I guarantee you if the Web Summit had stayed in Dublin next year, it would still have made him a fortune, free leap cards or not. As it is, he's now been offered a whack of cash up front by Lisbon and has decided to piss off.... and off he can piss. Best of luck to him, but big business can't hold the Government to ransom just because they bring a bit of cash into the economy.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 2:57pm
I'm hearing that the road from the RDS to the city centre has been closed for the rest of the day in order to ensure safe transport of Paddy Cosgrave's ego. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 10:15pm
Paddy Cosgrave and his ego have pulled out of their Late Late Show appearance.

Perhaps even Paddy can no longer believe his own bullsh*t.

I hope Sharon Ni Bheolain steps in as a guest in his absence.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 8:46am
Probably at home counting all the money he managed to swindle from people over the last 3 days.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 1:20pm
this event is actually mainly for posers who are happy to part with over 1000 euro for a ticket so they can say they were there. It actually exploits small businesses. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 1:41pm
How does it exploit them, they don't have to buy a ticket. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

http://tech.eu/features/6203/no-web-summit-for-me/

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 2:02pm

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

http://tech.eu/features/6203/no-web-summit-for-me/

Thats mad. It nearly makes it sound like a massive pyramid scheme.

I'm fully convinced its not all its cracked up to be.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 4:11pm

They don't have to buy a ticket.

The point is Paddy spams start-ups making great promises about the benefits that will accrue to them from being there, which is all bullsh*t. 

Paddy doesn't care about helping start-up enterprises. He cares about bringing €€€ for himself. He exploits people through his persuasiveness and charisma. They way most con artists do.

Now making grand promises to people in the way he does, and failing to back it up is not against the law or anything, but he paints himself an altruist, when in reality, he's a rapacious, exploitative capitalist and nothing else. 

He paints himself as anti-establishment when in reality he's the epitome of the establishment.

Any small bit of digging will tell you that. 

There's a long list of people who say they'll never work with him again. 

There are good reasons for that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic