You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Web Summit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Maybe,

But Dublin doesn't have a problem with sectarian hate filled marches that happen every second day or so...

Every city has its share of scumbags. Out of both cities, Belfast is much nicer than Dublin. It's actually possible to drive through Belfast while it's impossible to do so in Dublin city.
Which is better wasn't my point, my point is Dublin has serious rivals when it comes to these sorts of conferences.

LOL LOL LOL

That's hilarious chief - you should take that show on the road.LOL

Fair enough lads you all have your opinions. All I know is if I get off the train in Dublin the first thing I'll see are junkies in doorways.
You can actually drive in Belfast while because of various hair brained schemes in Dublin you can't.
I find the people very nice. As an example I got lost completely my own fault so I decided I'd park the car up and get a taxi. I askeda passer by for a taxi number and not only did he call him for me off his own phone but because it was too difficult to describe where the car park he gave me a lift to where a taxi could pick me up. Belfast -Dublins nicer and better off relation
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 3:09pm
Today the promoter complained Enda snubbed an invite and didn't show up.

The invite was emailed to him the day before. The guy is on la la land  - its disrespectful to the office if nothing else.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:12am
The cheapest ticket to this yoke is €1,195!!!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:42am
And 40,000 people there at it today? Wow! Shocked
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:44am
2.7k for a 'premium' pass and over 5k for a 'platinum'!
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 4:50pm
The quotes attributed to Paddy Cosgrave in the Times today, don't really do much to suggest the government were at fault, I'm sure there is a bit on both sides.

But he clearly admits that the move to Lisbon was really down to the size of the event doubling each year so it had outgrown the RDS. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 4:59pm
€20 being charged for lunches like this

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 5:02pm
FFS, that's scandalous. With the price of the tickets already what they are, they must be making a fortune. It's hard to have any sympathy with Cosgrave.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:00pm
I've had no time or sympathy for Cosgrave ever since first seeing his arrogant, slimey, gimpy face for the first time when he was President of the Philosphical Society at Dublin University. 

Charging 1200 quid to go on a pub crawl is basically what the Web Summit is. 

Good fooking riddance. 
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:16pm

Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Maybe,

But Dublin doesn't have a problem with sectarian hate filled marches that happen every second day or so...

Every city has its share of scumbags. Out of both cities, Belfast is much nicer than Dublin. It's actually possible to drive through Belfast while it's impossible to do so in Dublin city.
Which is better wasn't my point, my point is Dublin has serious rivals when it comes to these sorts of conferences.

LOL LOL LOL

That's hilarious chief - you should take that show on the road.LOL

Fair enough lads you all have your opinions. All I know is if I get off the train in Dublin the first thing I'll see are junkies in doorways.
You can actually drive in Belfast while because of various hair brained schemes in Dublin you can't.
I find the people very nice. As an example I got lost completely my own fault so I decided I'd park the car up and get a taxi. I askeda passer by for a taxi number and not only did he call him for me off his own phone but because it was too difficult to describe where the car park he gave me a lift to where a taxi could pick me up. Belfast -Dublins nicer and better off relation

Dublin is a sh1thole no doubt,but if you were in the same situation in Dublin you wouldnt have to call a cab,you could just stick out your arm and 3 would pull up.

I was in Belfast for the 1st time last month.I couldn't believe that you had to call a cab or go to a taxi office.Like down south 20 years ago.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:18pm
The Web Summit would appear to be the biggest con in the country
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Ah you'd get that back in the lucky bag on the way in!
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:27pm

That is mental.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

That is mental.

I don't think it's aimed at Joe soap on the street though. It's mostly for businesses. So if a company goes to it and ends up finding a cost saving computer system or makes contacts at it that they wouldn't have made otherwise, a couple of grand for a ticket could be extremely cheap.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:20pm
They make an absolute fortune and don't even run it well which is mental.

#foodgate is gas, it was €20 to get into the Food Summit but you got something to eat accompanying it, needless to say the accompanying food was a small small portion. Shocking carry on from web summit considering the food was free last year.

Again major wifi issues this year i believe 
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 10:08am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I've had no time or sympathy for Cosgrave ever since first seeing his arrogant, slimey, gimpy face for the first time when he was President of the Philosphical Society at Dublin University. 

Charging 1200 quid to go on a pub crawl is basically what the Web Summit is. 

Good fooking riddance. 
Best of luck to him. That's what most of these conferences are. However most of these conferences don't expect 10,000 free leap cards, bus and DART times amended for them, a corridor from the IFSC through the tech area past the government and embassy belt and the Taoiseach to fix their wifi.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 10:26am
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/never-mind-the-web-summit-peripherals-feel-the-content-1.2416029

Jaysus between that and Sharon absolutely grilling the bollox off yer man on 6.1 last night they really don't seem to have much sympathy from the media anyway.

Foodgate or whatever they're calling it was a huge f*ck up considering they were moaning about excessive hotel prices in the lead up.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/never-mind-the-web-summit-peripherals-feel-the-content-1.2416029

Jaysus between that and Sharon absolutely grilling the bollox off yer man on 6.1 last night they really don't seem to have much sympathy from the media anyway.

Foodgate or whatever they're calling it was a huge f*ck up considering they were moaning about excessive hotel prices in the lead up.
I thought it was an extremely professional interview from Sharon. 

The reaction has been hilarious . The Web Summit nerds are outraged that that gimp was actually questioned and not soft-soaped like they wanted. 

They're happy to be interviewed as long as it's for a powder puff PR piece. 

But question them and they go mental. 

No wonder that chicken Cosgrave chickened out of the interview at the last minute. What a chicken. 

The nerds really don't like it up 'em. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic