Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 91>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 9:12am
What was up with Jarvis?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 10:35am
Went on the piss with jack byrne
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 3:59pm
Greg Sloggett joins from Derry.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 10:13am
Vinny Perth on LOI Weekly in absolute denial over the impact of budgets on league performance. Usually when people go on the show it's sometimes annoying how you like them more after (even Bradley), not an issue for Perth. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Vinny Perth on LOI Weekly in absolute denial over the impact of budgets on league performance. Usually when people go on the show it's sometimes annoying how you like them more after (even Bradley), not an issue for Perth. 

So you can only be competitive if you've got the biggest budget is what your saying?

Pretty sure Dundalk were nowhere near the biggest budget when they won in 2014, Also pretty sure Bohs league finish this year out performs their budget.

Cork would have been expected to finish much higher this year with their budget but completely flopped.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

So you can only be competitive if you've got the biggest budget is what your saying?

Pretty sure Dundalk were nowhere near the biggest budget when they won in 2014, Also pretty sure Bohs league finish this year out performs their budget.

Cork would have been expected to finish much higher this year with their budget but completely flopped.

It's not a guarantee but it's the best metric for predicting league performance and is the barometer against which success/failure should be measured. 

Perth claimed it has no impact whatever when it is in fact the most important indicator. 

Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:10pm
The budget has absolutely no relevance for Perth, he's dead right, He's still using spock's team.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:11pm
Of course budget has an impact LOL 2 biggest budgets is the top 2. 
Cork slashed their budget and sacked their manager.

Money in the LOI is more often than not going to bring success in the LOI, obviously theres exceptions ie Bohs but they’ve arguably the best manager in the league. 
Would agree on Perth being fairly unlikeable. 
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:26pm

Did you listen when he said in 2016 most of our players were on part time contracts (The European Year) so budgets are not everything.

He also stated that "Obviously having a bigger budget helps" but of course you left that part out

Edited by Twoinarow - 15 Nov 2019 at 3:18pm
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Did you listen when he said in 2016 most of our players were on part time contracts (The European Year) so budgets are not everything.

He also stated that "Obvs having a bigger budget helps" but of course you left that part out
If he said ‘obvs’ he is a bigger **** than I thought.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 4:00pm

It's not a guarantee but it's the best metric for predicting league performance and is the barometer against which success/failure should be measured. 

Perth claimed it has no impact whatever when it is in fact the most important indicator. 

So Dundalk didn't win the league on a small budget in 2014?
The reason we have a big budget is because of the success when Kenny came in on a small budget and achieved something, thus generating a bigger budget.

So no, budget is not the be all and end all.

Cork won the league in 2017
Cork increased their budget in 2018 and did worse than they did the year before with a smaller budget....

Edited by Shoco - 15 Nov 2019 at 4:01pm

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 4:18pm
Having listened to VP on the pod, my conclusion is that he has a full brass section and not only a trumpet...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Having listened to VP on the pod, my conclusion is that he has a full brass section and not only a trumpet...

With 4 trophies in the bag after 1 year. Keep it up Vinny 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:08pm

So Dundalk didn't win the league on a small budget in 2014?
The reason we have a big budget is because of the success when Kenny came in on a small budget and achieved something, thus generating a bigger budget.

So no, budget is not the be all and end all.

Cork won the league in 2017
Cork increased their budget in 2018 and did worse than they did the year before with a smaller budget....

It’s true Dundalk over achieved on their 2014 budget. It’s true City under achieved on their 2019 budget. However I’ve no doubt you’re an intelligent enough man to call bullsh*t on his denial of the budget having no affect on performance. I’m equally confident that you have your reservations about the current investment structure that Perth praised, which is inherently flawed. As is almost certainly the system incorporated by city with the members at our disposal, despite its admirable ideals
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

1st division next year....hardly the most inspiring appointment.

Vinny done alright
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

1st division next year....hardly the most inspiring appointment.

Vinny done alright

Hah you've been waiting a year for that one. Ya he did ok. No stephen kenny though.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 6:52pm
ok? He won 4 out of 5 trophies missing out on penaltys in another without key players all season
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 11:27am
What key players were missing all season?
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 91>
  Share Topic