You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 91>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Taking the word of club officials over the Irish Times is a dangerous game.

You are contradicting yourself - there is either an issue or there is not. And there clearly is, but how much of it is saber rattling is the question.

But at this moment in time Dundalk do not have a home venue for 2016 which means no licence. If you believe that isn't an issue, good for you. The idea that you are proud of the fact your club are telling the stadium owner to whistle for money is very, very ominous.

GM does not own the stadium!

When you have a clue what your talking about, il listen to your opinion!
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 12:52pm
Changed the title to just Dundalk FC. I'll move other stadium stuff here from the other thread.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

You are contradicting yourself - there is either an issue or there is not. And there clearly is, but how much of it is saber rattling is the question.

But at this moment in time Dundalk do not have a home venue for 2016 which means no licence. If you believe that isn't an issue, good for you. The idea that you are proud of the fact your club are telling the stadium owner to whistle for money is very, very ominous.

Its pretty simple
GM wants 100,000 from the club and then he will knock down YDC and hand over the lease.
or 
GM wants 250,000 from the club and they can keep the YDC and get the lease.

The club have been telling him for 2 years now to f**k Off!

This was the exact same situation last season!

Maybe owner was the wrong word, but the reality is that you have had issues with your lease for years and refused to engage. Here it is coming to a head.

But there is no issue you say. But you also say you might have to play in Sligo or Monaghan.  Confused
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:02pm

Its pretty simple
GM wants 100,000 from the club and then he will knock down YDC and hand over the lease.
or 

Maybe owner was the wrong word, but the reality is that you have had issues with your lease for years and refused to engage. Here it is coming to a head.

But there is no issue you say. But you also say you might have to play in Sligo or Monaghan.  Confused

Who mentioned Sligo? 

If we are not playing in Oriel in 2017, we will be playing in Monaghan, Drogheda or Newry....Nowhere did I mention Sligo
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:14pm

Its pretty simple
or 

if you had to even read the article....

PS. i'm not even going to entertain you on this so don't bother replying, but read the article again

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:22pm

Its pretty simple
or 

Did you even read the article or know anything about it you clown!

There's been discussions with GM and the owners for 3 years now
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:27pm
To be fair to RTID, the fact that there has been problems here before is the reason I think there is something to it.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

To be fair to RTID, the fact that there has been problems here before is the reason I think there is something to it.

RTID said "but the reality is that you have had issues with your lease for years and refused to engage"

If he even read the article he would have seen thats not true!

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:48pm

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">RTID said "but the reality is that you have had issues with your lease for years and refused to engage"</span>

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>

Not agreeing with him there, just the fact that it is now an annual issue makes me think it will eventually come to a head, one way or another.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:51pm

RTID said "but the reality is that you have had issues with your lease for years and refused to engage"

I am talking about what YOU said - that the club, as you so eloquently put it, told GM to f*** off over a couple of seasons. As PM says, this issue didn't just come up last week.

Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 2:23pm
The club have been telling him to f**k off regarding the amount of money GM thinks the YDC is worth, but hey you believe what you want!

Were did you get that the club have not engaged with him? cause thats what you said.

Will we put it down to another one of your lies, and when your caught out you pretend you were talking about something else!

Edited by Twoinarow - 04 Feb 2016 at 2:29pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 3:32pm

The club have been telling him to f**k off regarding the amount of money GM thinks the YDC is worth, but hey you believe what you want!

Were did you get that the club have not engaged with him? cause thats what you said.

Will we put it down to another one of your lies, and when your caught out you pretend you were talking about something else!

You are such an auld wan.

YOU said the club told GM to "f**k off" two years running.

Yet I am lying when I suggest that means you haven't engaged properly  in an issue that has been dragging on for years.

You really couldn't make this stuff up.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 3:36pm

You are such an auld wan.

YOU said the club told GM to "f**k off" two years running.

Yet I am lying when I suggest that means you haven't engaged properly  in an issue that has been dragging on for years.

You really couldn't make this stuff up.

I said the club told GM to f**k off as, he has built the YDC on land he had no permission too, used a grant to do this which he will have to pay back if it goes to court so the club are 100% right to play hard ball.

The club have been engaging with GM for 3 years now, thats not a lie! GM thinks its worth more than it is, if that counts as not engaging properly so be it!

and for you to call me a WUM LOLLOL

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 4:11pm

I said the club told GM to f**k off as, he has built the YDC on land he had no permission too, used a grant to do this which he will have to pay back if it goes to court so the club are 100% right to play hard ball.

The club have been engaging with GM for 3 years now, thats not a lie! GM thinks its worth more than it is, if that counts as not engaging properly so be it!

and for you to call me a WUM LOLLOL

You see the problem is those two statements in bold. Have a little lie down and then come back and try and figure out why they might cause confusion to an already confusing story.
Can any Dundalk fan who has a clue comment on how serious a threat this is or is it all hardball playing that will get sorted by the FAI if needed?
RedAlert View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedAlert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 4:11pm
Dundalk are in a bit of bother alright. Their problem is twofold 1) success = cash and 2) the clock is against them.

Of course the current owner is going to say the club will get a licence. What else can he say?

If Gerry Matthews either owns the lease or has control of the entity that owns the lease then he has a strong hand. Even if the owners of OP, the Casey family I believe, want the new company that run Dundalk to play in OP, there is still the issue of the lease. There is no getting around this, it has to be dealt with.

It was a big step for GM to write to the FAI so he must believe that he has control of the lease. I'm sure he has had he legal boys and girls look at this, as I'm sure the current owners of the club have as well.

Whether he is legally entitled to anything for the YDC is another matter. But if he owns/controls the lease and he is honouring his end of the lease agreement with the owners of OP then he has control of the gates to OP.

And as nobody seems to dispute that GM has the lease, then therein lies Dundalk's problem.

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 4:16pm

Just to go back to basics on this. Do I understand all this correctly?

GM paid for the YDC. There was a few clauses about how much he was due to be paid by the clubs owners. off the top of my head I think relegation meant a reduced sum to nothing would have been due.
The club were taken over by new owners in that time. They have told him they wont pay him the money he is owed.
He has threatened to level the YDC if he's not paid. Its difficult to find a Dundalk supporter who actually disagrees that he's due money. The club are flush with 2 years of CL money but refuse to pay their bills.
Am I correct on all that?
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 4:47pm
no

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

no
Care to elaborate?
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 91>
  Share Topic