Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 91>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:03pm
Not to bothered about Dean. Cost us a few times last season and think ben doherty is better player. Attitude questioned few times last season - think he tried to use dundalk to get a better deal but we didn't offer him a deal so it backfired.
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 9:15pm
Roman Murray confirmed today.

Looking unlikely McMillan will stay not with Hoban also signed

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jocky Wilson View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocky Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 9:47pm
Dundalk fans would want to invest in a supporters trust. There is no money to be made in this league. This investment could end up a disaster.
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 2:57pm
Surprised there isn't more talk about the takeover by the American private equity firm.

That is big news in the League of Ireland. The company, Peak 6, already has a 25% stake in Bournemouth and are going to take 100% of Dundalk.

You have to ask why? Well, having worked in a company that was taken over by a private equity company, I know that those organisations have one objective and one objective only: reduce costs or increase profits in order to 'flip' the company in a short time frame (around 3 years) to make a return on their investment. You could be selling pig feed or diamonds, running an engineering company or a football club. They don't care. They just want to get in and get out quickly with cash in their back pocket on exit.

I am not looking at this situation as a bitter fan of another club, envious of the money that will probably be put in initially. But I'd be very wary if this was happening with my club. What is the feeling among fans in Dundalk?

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 3:58pm
Surprised its a 100% takeover. Think its wise for fans to set up a supporters trust as mentioned above. Would like to see the new owners business plan in how they intend to make a few quid out of the purchase.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 4:35pm
Will be very hard to turn a quick (4 or 5 year) profit if they’re gonna be renovating Oriel.
Interesting times ahead. I suppose they see with relatively small outlay on players they can make a dent in Europe where the money is but as we’ve seen in the 90s it just hasn’t worked out.

Edited by 9fingers - 02 Dec 2017 at 4:35pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Will be very hard to turn a quick (4 or 5 year) profit if they’re gonna be renovating Oriel.
Interesting times ahead. I suppose they see with relatively small outlay on players they can make a dent in Europe where the money is but as we’ve seen in the 90s it just hasn’t worked out.

For a company worth over 2.5 billion dollars, the 3 million profit dundalk made in Europe would be peanuts.

I really don't see why they are interested in us as an investment, surely there are much better options out there for them.

If you had money and went to an investment company who told you they would put it into a LOI club, would you be happy?

RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

[QUOTE=9fingers] 
If you had money and went to an investment company who told you they would put it into a LOI club, would you be happy?

I certainly would not, the entire scenario sounds more like giving an investment apprentice a few million quid to have his own little project to learn the ropes, as was said above, yesterday was the time for Dundalk fans to start getting their house in order and setting up a trust. 
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 3:44pm
Benson signs new contract Smile
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 8:12pm
Should we be reading anything into this????

@mrjordangardner
sports executive • investor • jetsetter • vineyard owner • @swansofficial@dundalkfc@vinesofmendoza

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 2:00pm
I see we have signed Lithuanian international Karolis Chvedukas

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I see we have signed Lithuanian international Karolis Chvedukas

A six-pointer of a signing for SSE Airtricity League because Chvedukas's previous club FK Sūduva Marijampolė is competing in qualifiers of UEFA Champions League. As you may be aware IRL/LTU/IRL play each other regular in recent times. Transferring resources direct from Liga A to AL Premier Division is a route to stay ahead of that league.

(Also road trips for Lithuania 'A' team games).
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:07pm
Dundalk FC crest is now on the Peak 6 website

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:59pm
Peak 6 Sports own 100% of Dundalk FC

"Dundalk FC has today completed the sale of 100% of the club’s shares to a US based Consortium.

The group is led by PEAK6 Sports from Chicago and includes investors with significant experience in football on both the commercial and playing sides. PEAK6 also owns a stake in English Premier League side AFC Bournemouth

‘We’ve been following the incredible success of Dundalk FC over the past few seasons and have spent months assessing this opportunity, attending games and getting to know the club,’ said spokesman Jordan Gardner.

‘What Stephen Kenny and the players have accomplished under the stewardship of Andy Connolly and Paul Brown is nothing short of remarkable. We are excited to take up the reins and help build on the club’s success.  We are confident that with all of us working together there will be many more good days and nights ahead for Dundalk FC,’ he added.

The previous owners see the sale as a significant step forward for the club. ‘We have always said that we would only step down if we found the right kind of owners for the club and in this consortium we believe we have done that,’ explained Paul Brown. ‘ We are confident that they will take Dundalk FC to even greater success in the coming years.’

Both Paul and Andy will continue to support the club going forward acting as honorary ambassadors."  

I really hopes it works out for The Lilywhites, I'm prettified for them. 

www.ucdsupporters.ie
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 8:15pm
Hope this works out well for Dundalk.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 8:59pm
I for one, welcome our new American overlords

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 9:08pm
Any idea of the short\long term changes this will bring to Dundalk?

This could be great news for the LOI.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 9:09pm
Ud presume the first thing they will do is upgrade oriel park? I hope they keep the main old stand. Always liked that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 91>
  Share Topic