Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 91>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Could also be the last time we see an Irish team in the Europa League. UEFA's third tier competition is launching next year 

But if Rovers (or whoever wins the league) get knocked out of UCL qualification they'd go into Europa qualification right? 

My interpretation from what I've read is they'd drop into the conference league qualifiers but I'm open to correction on that. 

I think eliminated teams go into Europa qualifying, at least starting from the second round

Sponsored Links

brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:52pm
who's in Dundalk group?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Fantastic achievement. Does Giovagnoli get the job full time now?

He should. Ive heard it said he does not have a pro licence tho. How long will it take him to gain that?

Not certain, but I believe it can be obtained within a 4-week course.

It takes 2 years to get the pro-licence. 

The course itself is over 3 or 4 blocks that works out at about 4 weeks in total alright.

Edited by Green Devil - 01 Oct 2020 at 9:53pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:54pm
Absolutely delighted for Dundalk and the League of Ireland tonight. People might knock Ki but they gave Swiss young boys a scare in the champions league and beat Dinamo Tiblitsi 6-1 last week. So it’s great to enjoy the result tonight.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:55pm
Re the match, fair play to Dundalk on qualifying, it's a super achievement Clap

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:56pm
Hon da town. Clap

Hope they get a good draw - they can certainly pick up some points against some of the teams left.

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

who's in Dundalk group?
We'll find out tomorrow when the draw is made, from 12 midday. Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Fantastic achievement. Does Giovagnoli get the job full time now?

He should. Ive heard it said he does not have a pro licence tho. How long will it take him to gain that?

Not certain, but I believe it can be obtained within a 4-week course.

It takes 2 years to get the pro-licence. 

The course itself is over 3 or 4 blocks that works out at about 4 weeks in total alright.

2 years. Wow. Is there any restrictions on him in the group stages or anything like that or can he carry on as per while obtaining the license?
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Hon da town. Clap

Hope they get a good draw - they can certainly pick up some points against some of the teams left.

Would be confident of them nicking a 0-0 at home to Celtic, given how they've struggled in Europe since and including the Copenhagen home game
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Absolutely delighted for Dundalk and the League of Ireland tonight. People might knock Ki but they gave Swiss young boys a scare in the champions league and beat Dinamo Tiblitsi 6-1 last week. So it’s great to enjoy the result tonight.  

Absolutely people knock our league and rightly so at times but it makes these nights all the better. Shows with a bit of luck some belief and some talent what we can do. Dont forget most of the teams in europe all a mish mash of talented players from around the world, ours are mainly made up of little known irish players. Mainly. Were not all that bad.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 10:02pm

Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Absolutely people knock our league and rightly so at times but it makes these nights all the better. Shows with a bit of luck some belief and some talent what we can do. Dont forget most of the teams in europe all a mish mash of talented players from around the world, ours are mainly made up of little known irish players. Mainly. Were not all that bad.
Ya absolutely. Pat Hoban just up the road from me in Loughrea . 
Just a great night
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 10:08pm
Great stuff, delighted for Dundalk, as a Bohs fan it brings the leagues reputation up and brings standard up, hopefully attracts more investment when people see that Peak6 are making money from it. Played  well against a well drilled very physical side in KI, Sean Murray was brilliant.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 10:14pm
Ya i think Murray has that extra bit of quality needed. Kenny may have a look at Duffy for the Irish squad if he performs well. Was O'Neill looking into that a few years back. Where is that at now
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 10:40pm
Duffy ( or " young Duffy" as O'Neill referred to him ), got the paperwork to transfer from NI and would surely have been capped by now if Martin was still in charge. He could still make it, he has the quality and Stephen Kenny will be aware.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 10:42pm
Shoco praying for Celtic in the draw. Chance to wear his half n half jersey againClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Shoco praying for Celtic in the draw. Chance to wear his half n half jersey againClap

You'll surely take a trip up to "Da Town" after their qualification for a cheeky little midweek break. 

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

You'll surely take a trip up to "Da Town" after their qualification for a cheeky little midweek break. 
Oh yes sir. A cheeky night in the Imperial presidential suite,with dinner in the Roma hiClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 12:16am
don’t forget mullens or the latterns
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 91>
  Share Topic