You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 91>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:02am
How did Conor Clifford do ?
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:06am
Where did this superior quality manifest itself? We left two points behind without playing especially well.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:09am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Where did this superior quality manifest itself? We left two points behind without playing especially well.
you left no points behind man. didnt deserve any on the night. I dont really see where your optimism is coming from.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:21am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

you left no points behind man. didnt deserve any on the night. I dont really see where your optimism is coming from.
you would swear we lost 8 nil.... my optimism is that we stood up to and gave Dundalk a game that hinged on Rovers gifting them two soft goals. We are already a fat better unit than last year. On tonight's show Dundalk are a far inferior team to last year
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:30am

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

you would swear we lost 8 nil.... my optimism is that we stood up to and gave Dundalk a game that hinged on Rovers gifting them two soft goals. We are already a fat better unit than last year. On tonight's show Dundalk are a far inferior team to last year
i actually thought dundalk looked pretty good. Dodgy keepers aside i think they might just pip cork again.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:51am

We took the 3 points without having to do much, controlled the game when it mattered, shamrock were all huff and puff with no creativity or anything up front to test a slightly dodgy looking defence

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:03am

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Good win to start the season, tight opening but our superior quality was evident as the game went on. Yer man deserved his red card, tramp
We were watching different games. Dundalk were route one merchants and full of niggle. You had three chances and took two of them, fair play. We had a goal ruled out and hit the crossbar. We had some sloppy passinng, you didn't and that was the wafer between the teams. Disappointed to lose but some very strong signs from a whole new team. I would have loved to have gone up there game 7 or 8 in the series.

As for Burke, total stupidity. To score and then do that is beyond daft.
its not a lie, its alternative facts
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:05am

he's done the sums
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 9:26am

2 points? Id worry for Rovers if they were only getting 2 points for a win. Might be the difference between finishing 3rd or 4th.

Lose next week and Bradley will be getting abuse from the stands
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:34am

We took the 3 points without having to do much, controlled the game when it mattered, shamrock were all huff and puff with no creativity or anything up front to test a slightly dodgy looking defence
aside from the goal, disallowed goal, hitting the crossbar and number of chances?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 11:03am
Goal was a deflection
Disallowed goal was a blocked kick out and handball
Hitting the bar was a poor set piece
Meenan chance was a cock up by the defender

I understand you want to take positives form yet another defeat to us

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 11:16am
It needs to be said that the pitch up there is still a disgrace. However much you paid to replace the one from last year was a waste of money. Chunks of rubber flying everywhere.

To the match itself, the positives for Rovers were the keeper and the fact that the heads didn't drop at 2 down and we kept going until the end. Burkes character was questioned before the game and his stupidity last night was a snap of why he hasn't built on his early promise at Villa. A moronic thing to do considering the wind was at our back. Weird call not to start Finn by Bradley, we were 10 tomes better when he came on. Overall there is a lot of things to build on over the next few weeks, but I'd worry for us at the back this year.

Dundalk were lucky to be a head at the break IMO. I was disappointed by how much they hoofed the ball forward in the 1st half. They got it down better in the second half. Paddy Mc was the difference for them, easily the best player on the park. I think they're settled team was the difference
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:30pm

Goal was a deflection
Disallowed goal was a blocked kick out and handball
Hitting the bar was a poor set piece
Meenan chance was a cock up by the defender

I understand you want to take positives form yet another defeat to us
And both your goals were defensive errors... Be consistent

I am not saying you didn't deserve the win. You did, just. But you would swear you were 1970s Brazil the way you are going on.

The gap is a he'll of a lot closer than last year, whether that is Rovers improved, Dundalk worse or a bit of both is to be seen.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:34pm
Shamrock Rovers finished 22 points behind Dundalk last season and any neutral watching the game last night could definitely say Rovers look far more equipped this season to bridge that gap by a considerable distance on last nights evidence.

I think it would be fair to say overall yes Dundalk probably deserved the win but I've no doubt once this Rovers team settles because with so many new faces it does take time and once it does happen the good results will soon follow. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:48pm
Same shoite different season from the mong that just keeps giving Clown btw well done dundalk

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 26 Feb 2017 at 7:19pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 7:35pm
I see that some of our scum support were at it again up in Dundalk last weekend, the club really need to find a way to weed these coonts out, and they are not kids btw
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I see that some of our scum support were at it again up in Dundalk last weekend, the club really need to find a way to weed these coonts out, and they are not kids btw
are you not on a standing ban everytime you pretend to be Rovers?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 4:23pm

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

are you not on a standing ban everytime you pretend to be Rovers?
No you mod cock sucking coont, but sure go crying to your modfriend but dont fck this thread up like you did the rovers thread with your fckin bullsh*t, apologies to the Dundalk fans on this thread for this cock sucker following me around the loi section 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 91>
  Share Topic