You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tickets being touted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 51>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Ad removed. How much was he selling them for?

300e
200, 350 for two.

Sorry i thought was 300e , your prob right Frank
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:53pm

[QUOTE=Lenny82] Ad removed. How much was he selling them for?

300e
200, 350 for two.

Sorry i thought was 300e for duo but your prob right Frank
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 10:11pm
What a pr1ck!
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 10:30pm
Put number up on all your social media accounts saying tickets face value plus Ticketmaster charges his phone will melt
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 10:31pm
2 in south lower. Someone mentined on Facebook it was 114
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 10:35pm
Must be ST if he has 2 in 114.
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 10:39pm
Lads best doing this the right way thru the FAI rather than a witchhunt. Last thing the site needs is to be sued again or some innocent getting hundreds of phonecalls in a case of mistaken identity. A couple of years back the same thing happened and the baying mob ended up going after a lad with the same name as the culprit associated in schoolboy leagues.  
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

I'm not going to say too much on Mr Hickey's medical condition, but looking at the bigger picture, if the Brazilians allow it (and they might not) this will end in a familiar type of story to many other stories of dodgy politicians & businessmen in this country. 

After some deal is done behind the scenes, 1- Pat is allowed return to Ireland,2-resigns from OCI on health grounds, 3-can't comment on any report or enquiry outcome when that comes out as he is recovering from surgery, 4-is called before some committee or other as a witness, can't go to that as his doctors advise him it would not be beneficial to his recovery,5- fecks off to Spain to play golf/recover, 6-family issue plea for privacy at this stressful time,7- some other bigger political or sporting scandal/issue happens in the meantime & all of a sudden it is 4 years later & the media does not want to be seen harassing an elderly man with health issues,8-whole thing is forgotten about & Pat ceases to be a public figure & keeps the head down, issuing an odd 'no comment' here & there to some tabloid fellas who occasionally doorstep him. 

That is how it will play out if the Brazilians allow him to return to Ireland, if they don't though..........who knows. 

Edited this & stuck in a few numbers for things I think that might happen here......., anyway, I'm off to a good start, only 6 or 7 more to go....................

I'm up another one in the Pat Hickey bingo stakes; here's number 2, and I'm going to award meself a bonus point due to the health reference.............. Only thing is, it's going to take years to complete the full house....

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 11:41pm
LOL

As usual top posting from Deise Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 11:30am

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

I don't see the point in it as the Ticketmaster(seatwave), Viagogo etc operate globally. If you ban them in Ireland, all you're doing is stopping people with Irish IP addresses from accessing those websites. It is very easy to hide your IP address so it will be easy enough to get around that issue. 

Ok so frank, let's all sit on our hands and do nothing about these global companies ripping people off........good god.....
At least someone has noticed this sh*t is going on, sign the petition and let's see how far this goes.
Just seeing this now. The government should intervene in real issues, not somebody flogging Ed Sheehan tickets. Nobody forces anybody to buy something they think is overpriced. Btw, I've given freebies and sold spares to forum members at FV or lower. I don't tout tickets myself as I think it's wrong but I do not think it's something the government should be involved in.

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused 

Why are you even in a thread against touting

So Ticketmaster can set up seat wave and tout away as massive business and governments shouldn't step in. Confused ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 11:37am

I'm not going to say too much on Mr Hickey's medical condition, but looking at the bigger picture, if the Brazilians allow it (and they might not) this will end in a familiar type of story to many other stories of dodgy politicians & businessmen in this country. 

After some deal is done behind the scenes, 1- Pat is allowed return to Ireland,2-resigns from OCI on health grounds, 3-can't comment on any report or enquiry outcome when that comes out as he is recovering from surgery, 4-is called before some committee or other as a witness, can't go to that as his doctors advise him it would not be beneficial to his recovery,5- fecks off to Spain to play golf/recover, 6-family issue plea for privacy at this stressful time,7- some other bigger political or sporting scandal/issue happens in the meantime & all of a sudden it is 4 years later & the media does not want to be seen harassing an elderly man with health issues,8-whole thing is forgotten about & Pat ceases to be a public figure & keeps the head down, issuing an odd 'no comment' here & there to some tabloid fellas who occasionally doorstep him. 

That is how it will play out if the Brazilians allow him to return to Ireland, if they don't though..........who knows. 

Edited this & stuck in a few numbers for things I think that might happen here......., anyway, I'm off to a good start, only 6 or 7 more to go....................

I'm up another one in the Pat Hickey bingo stakes; here's number 2, and I'm going to award meself a bonus point due to the health reference.............. Only thing is, it's going to take years to complete the full house....

An all too familiar sequence of events in this bogey country. It must be one of the safest place in to live if you are corrupt and wealthy!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 11:58am
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 12:04pm

'Naturally, I share the achievements with all my fellow voluntary members'
I love how he sticks voluntary in that line to give the impression they are all doing it for no remuneration just for the love of it!
G'way outta that Pat!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I don't see the point in it as the Ticketmaster(seatwave), Viagogo etc operate globally. If you ban them in Ireland, all you're doing is stopping people with Irish IP addresses from accessing those websites. It is very easy to hide your IP address so it will be easy enough to get around that issue. 

Ok so frank, let's all sit on our hands and do nothing about these global companies ripping people off........good god.....
At least someone has noticed this sh*t is going on, sign the petition and let's see how far this goes.
Just seeing this now. The government should intervene in real issues, not somebody flogging Ed Sheehan tickets. Nobody forces anybody to buy something they think is overpriced. Btw, I've given freebies and sold spares to forum members at FV or lower. I don't tout tickets myself as I think it's wrong but I do not think it's something the government should be involved in.

So Ticketmaster can set up seat wave and tout away as massive business and governments shouldn't step in. Confused ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
To express an alternative viewpoint. I am personally against ticket touting but I don't think it is something the government should intervene in. 

If Ed Sheeran, U2 or whoever were really morally against this, they could demand that there tickets are not sold on re-selling websites. I believe Radiohead did it recently and it worked. 

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Would agree with Hoskins. It's the corporate Touting on sites like Seatwave that need to be shut down. You'll never stop the lads in the street selling them but when Ticketmaster have them available on their site through their very own Seatwave, it's a joke. It's also nothing to do with not buying them. The tickets are put directly on there and if not sold at x5 or x10 of the original price, they reappear on Ticketmaster at random stages. Banned in Belgium and USA now I believe.

The bands themselves are paid a percentage of the profit from ticket sales, so they're unlikely to say it's a bad idea as they make more money.

Edited by bhob - 07 Feb 2017 at 12:17pm
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 10:52pm
While I'd welcome legislation banning touting the likes of Noel Rock is just trying to make noise
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 9:07am
Hickey's succesor being elected tonight. If it's Willie O'Brien it'll be clear that the majority of the members are self serving f**ks
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Hickey's succesor being elected tonight. If it's Willie O'Brien it'll be clear that the majority of the members are self serving f**ks

Seemingly being a bit long in the tooth is no obstacle to getting the gig. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 51>
  Share Topic