You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 258259260261262 334>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

He wasn’t white.  
Some black people are voting for Trump, obviously not in the same numbers that will vote for Biden. The leader of the racist proud boys is Hispanic and they have a lot of black members too who are fed up of Antifa and their antics trying to jump on the BLM protests.
Yes - there are black republicans.

Yes - to the Proud boy founder but Hispanic is a very braid brush and nothing stopping them from being anti black racist.

The rest - so an African American who supports BLM becomes a member of a racist organisation because they dislike the BLM movement being supported by people who have an anti fascist viewpoint ( because the abuse of the black population is an example of fascism)

In posting there are lots of them your propagating  a myth - the racists would be proud of you. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 3:17pm
There was a poll not that long ago showing Trump on 3% among blacks
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

He wasn’t white.  
Some black people are voting for Trump, obviously not in the same numbers that will vote for Biden. The leader of the racist proud boys is Hispanic and they have a lot of black members too who are fed up of Antifa and their antics trying to jump on the BLM protests.
Yes - there are black republicans.

Yes - to the Proud boy founder but Hispanic is a very braid brush and nothing stopping them from being anti black racist.

The rest - so an African American who supports BLM becomes a member of a racist organisation because they dislike the BLM movement being supported by people who have an anti fascist viewpoint ( because the abuse of the black population is an example of fascism)

In posting there are lots of them your propagating  a myth - the racists would be proud of you. 
Where did i say anywhere they dislike the BLM movement? I said Antifa.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:57am
Let Christy Take It.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 8:38pm
I see fake "leftist" Glenn Greenwald has resigned from The Intercept because the editors refused to run the Tucker Carlson "the dog ate my homework" Russian disinformation campaign against Hunter Biden that not even Murdoch media would touch

I presume Greenwald is off to join Breitbart, maybe InfoWars

He'd fit in very well there, he's a f**king joke
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:33pm
Biden is 1.6 and Trump is at 2.3 in the betting market.

At the start of the year Trump was heavy favourite but Covid changed everything. He needed a vaccine available now to hold office imo.

Biden should win this ... just. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:44pm
COVID is 1 of the last things why his ratings dropped. Some American states like Texas still believe 5G lampposts cause COVID and are re-opening the Cowboys Stadium for the big upcoming events - Tyson/Jones Jr / UFC in January.

The pivotal moment was the response to George Floyd and how he tried to crush any protest.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

COVID is 1 of the last things why his ratings dropped. Some American states like Texas still believe 5G lampposts cause COVID and are re-opening the Cowboys Stadium for the big upcoming events - Tyson/Jones Jr / UFC in January.

The pivotal moment was the response to George Floyd and how he tried to crush any protest.

Biden was at 5 in Jan and was fav end of April.
George was shot 25th May.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Biden was at 5 in Jan and was fav end of April.
George was shot 25th May.

Trump was 5/1
Hilary was 1/4

How did that pan out?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:09pm
Trump can't win this legitimately, he can only "win" it by fraud

There's a clear pattern here - in three of the last five elections - 2000, 2004 and 2016 - the ones the Republicans "won", the news channels were all running on the narrative of a presumptive Democratic victory up to about 1 or 2am based on exit polling coming in, then it mysteriously started to change, very mysteriously, one could say

In each of those elections, there are good reasons to think that fraud played a part

If Trump is to "win", this is how it'll be done again, he'll be 6/1 or 7/1 at some point on the night, and then the fraud (Karl Rove is on board, beware) will do its job
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:16pm
Biden will win this election fairly comfortably imo, there were plenty of lessons learned by the Democrats after the high levels of complacency that set in towards the end of the ultimately failed Clinton campaign.

They took their eye completely off the ball and totally underestimated the threat of Trump, I'm not seeing this with Biden this time round.

Biden will open the doors for immigration so I'm praying he gets in.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:20pm
@2/1 I’ll be having a gamble on Trump, it really wouldn’t surprise me to see him get back in and I might as well make a few quid off the **** 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

@2/1 I’ll be having a gamble on Trump, it really wouldn’t surprise me to see him get back in and I might as well make a few quid off the **** 

I love that attitude LOL

Back with your pocket and not with your heart, if there's value to be had especially. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I love that attitude LOL

Back with your pocket and not with your heart, if there's value to be had especially. 

I’m definitely backing with head. I’m not confident in Biden at all 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 12:17am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I see fake "leftist" Glenn Greenwald has resigned from The Intercept because the editors refused to run the Tucker Carlson "the dog ate my homework" Russian disinformation campaign against Hunter Biden that not even Murdoch media would touch

I presume Greenwald is off to join Breitbart, maybe InfoWars

He'd fit in very well there, he's a f**king joke
Oh what a surprise, Greenwald is straight on to Tucker Carlson on Fox News

The Intercept have absolutely destroyed him in response

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2020/10/29/glenn-greenwald-intercept-resigns/

In a lengthy note published on Substack, Greenwald said the publication refused to publish the piece, “in violation of my contractual right of editorial freedom,” unless he removed “all sections critical of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, the candidate vehemently supported by all New-York-based Intercept editors involved in this effort at suppression.”

The Intercept strongly countered those claims, with Editor in Chief Betsy Reed telling The Washington Post in email that “it is absolutely not true that Glenn Greenwald was asked to remove all sections critical of Joe Biden from his article. He was asked to support his claims and innuendo about corrupt actions by Joe Biden with evidence.”

LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 12:20am

Ouch LOL

https://theintercept.com/2020/10/29/glenn-greenwald-resigns-the-intercept/

GLENN GREENWALD’S DECISION to resign from The Intercept stems from a fundamental disagreement over the role of editors in the production of journalism and the nature of censorship. Glenn demands the absolute right to determine what he will publish. He believes that anyone who disagrees with him is corrupt, and anyone who presumes to edit his words is a censor. Thus, the preposterous charge that The Intercept’s editors and reporters, with the lone, noble exception of Glenn Greenwald, have betrayed our mission to engage in fearless investigative journalism because we have been seduced by the lure of a Joe Biden presidency. A brief glance at the stories The Intercept has published on Biden will suffice to refute those claims.

The narrative Glenn presents about his departure is teeming with distortions and inaccuracies — all of them designed to make him appear as a victim, rather than a grown person throwing a tantrum. It would take too long to point them all out here, but we intend to correct the record in time. For now, it is important to make clear that our goal in editing his work was to ensure that it would be accurate and fair. While he accuses us of political bias, it was he who was attempting to recycle the dubious claims of a political campaign — the Trump campaign — and launder them as journalism.

We have the greatest respect for the journalist Glenn Greenwald used to be, and we remain proud of much of the work we did with him over the past six years. It is Glenn who has strayed from his original journalistic roots, not The Intercept.

The defining feature of The Intercept’s work in recent years has been the investigative journalism that came out of painstaking work by our staffers in Washington, D.C., New York, and across the rest of the country. It is the staff of The Intercept that has been carrying out our investigative mission — a mission that has involved a collaborative editing process.

We have no doubt that Glenn will go on to launch a new media venture where he will face no collaboration with editors — such is the era of Substack and Patreon. In that context, it makes good business sense for Glenn to position himself as the last true guardian of investigative journalism and to smear his longtime colleagues and friends as partisan hacks. We get it. But facts are facts, and The Intercept’s record of fearless, rigorous, independent journalism speaks for itself.

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:44am
Tell me this, who is a good turnout better for?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Tell me this, who is a good turnout better for?

Nobody will know till next week.
Both sides will claim it is good for them until evidence says otherwise. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 258259260261262 334>
  Share Topic