You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 334>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 3:26pm
Being a Black 'conservative commentator' is an easy way to make money. You don't have to say anything remotely intelligent and you will be pushed front and centre to undermine anti-racism. No morals, lots of money.

Edited by pre Madonna - 13 Sep 2020 at 3:26pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Being a Black 'conservative commentator' is an easy way to make money. You don't have to say anything remotely intelligent and you will be pushed front and centre to undermine anti-racism. No morals, lots of money.

I can barely think of a lower way to make money than by betraying your own people and being used as a "house black" by a bunch of white supremacist Republicans, actual prostitution would be considerably less degrading in comparison

Elie Mystal nails it here

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/rnc-black-republicans/

tokenism | noun | the practice of making only a perfunctory or symbolic effort to do a particular thing, especially by recruiting a small number of people from underrepresented groups in order to give the appearance of sexual or racial equality within a workforce.

It is important to understand that tokenism is not done to benefit minorities, not even the token minorities used in the scheme. Tokenism is done for the benefit of white people, to make them feel more comfortable and less complicit in the prejudice and bias of their institutions, schools, and workplaces. It’s done to shield white endeavors from accusations of discrimination. It is, quite literally, a cosmetic adjustment: a mere lacquer of Black faces gilded onto the same old white spaces.

You can tell that the Republicans are engaging in tokenism at their convention if you listen to the content of the speeches given by Black speakers instead of being preoccupied (as I suspect many Republicans are) with the fact that they are talking while Black. Close your eyes, and you will hear their silence on issues of racial and social justice. The Black speakers, like the rest of the Republican Party, offer no agenda to extend economic or social opportunities to people of color. They offer no policy prescriptions to address police brutality or violence against Black people. They offer no rebuttals to the assaults on voting rights or immigrant rights the Trump administration engages in. And they’ve been as silent about the disproportionate toll Covid-19 has taken on communities of color as Herman Cain.

The Black people who were allowed to speak at this convention were there to transmit one message to white listeners: “It’s OK.” Trump’s racism is OK, because here’s one of Trump’s Black golfing buddies. Cops and vigilantes’ shooting black people is OK, because here’s a Black ex-con who complied with the police and is still alive. Caring only about your own pocketbook and 401(k) is OK, because here’s a Black guy who started his own business and made a lot of money. All of them wanted to talk about their individual experiences with Trump. None of them wanted to talk about systemic issues facing Black people who don’t have the benefit of knowing a Trump (or a Kardashian) personally.

Former NFL player and current insider-trading suspect Jack Brewer summed up the entire reason so many Black people were prominently featured at the RNC. He told his audience, “I know what racism looks like, I’ve seen it firsthand. And America, it has no resemblance to President Trump. And I’m fed up with the way he’s portrayed in the media.” Brewer gave voice to the way a lot of white people (and some Black people) view racism: a personal thought crime, not the commission of biased actions. So when Brewer, or another former NFL star like Herschel Walker (who on Tuesday said, “I’ve seen racism up close, I know what it is, and it isn’t Donald Trump”), vouches for Trump personally, it’s supposed to make it OK to support Trump’s demonstrably racist actions, like birtherism, the Muslim ban, or sending in storm troopers to crush Black Lives Matters protesters.

The banality of these Black validators can be seen most clearly when you compare their roles to what the white speakers were allowed to do at the convention. Think of it this way: Most of the white speakers came armed with some agenda. They wanted more farm subsidies or fewer abortions or more Jesus in schools or the right to shoot Black people walking past their homes. But the Black speakers seemingly wanted nothing. There were no additional policies they desired or issues they wanted addressed. They had no goals they wanted the next Trump administration to accomplish and no legislation they wanted Republicans to pass.

Instead of an agenda, the Black people were just there to say, “Thank you, white folks,” and fade off-screen. Most of the Black speakers had a specific story about how a white man helped them in their life: Tim Scott, for instance, spoke about a Chick-fil-A man who helped him pass high school. The ones who didn’t have nice white man to thank had to thank Trump directly. Jon Ponder had both: He spoke about a white FBI agent who helped him turn his life around—and then, courtesy of a video recorded at the White House several hours earlier, the world got to see Trump give him a “surprise” pardon.

Making sure that Black people have no voice or role in shaping the agenda of an organization while dragging them out to thank white people for giving them an opportunity to be a part of the organization is what tokenism is all about. There are legions of white people who only view Black people as criminals or charity cases and expect Black people to be appreciative and “happy” with what charity or clemency is given. A Black person who demands equality makes those white people uncomfortable. A Black person who demands equality now makes those white people feel threatened. A Black person who is “just happy to be here” is the only Black person those white people want to see.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 3:47pm
That's an excellent synopsis of it.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Roger Stone is one horrible coont and should be fooked in prison.

It's unbelievable how kind history will actually look upon people like Nixon and GW (responsible for a million Iraqi deaths) due to Trump's outrageous administration. 
Nixon and Bush were utter ghouls and there's no history which will look kindly on them

Trump could not have happened without Nixon and Bush, he was the entirely logical follow on, Reagan was appalling as well and the most overrated politician in modern history - at least Thatcher was widely hated

The Republican party should basically be considered as akin to the Nazis in toxicity, they are the confederate, imperialist party, the damage they have done to Americans and non-Americans alike has been utterly monstrous, the party itself needs to be wiped out, post-World War II I can't think of any institution worldwide which has been more poisonous for humanity

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 7:53pm
Funnily enough, black people, as with those of other ethnicities, have all sorts of political persuasions. And, as with everyone else, this is often based on class, religion, wealth and other background issues.

It's not for a bunch of backslapping, white liberals on the internet to dictate otherwise. And that's kind of the point.

Nothing makes me cringe more than a white, middle-class, liberal twats using terms like 'house-slave'.

Yuck!

Edited by NewtNewbie - 13 Sep 2020 at 7:56pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:07pm
Of course Black people will have a variety of opinions, but do you think people like Candace Owens, who is a f**king idiot, would be well known for espousing such ignorant and idiotic views if she wasn't Black? Of course not. It's a cheap gift.

And I don't know if you were accusing me of being 'liberal' and 'middle-class', although I would never use the term in question, but I'm a working-class communist. Thumbs Up
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Funnily enough, black people, as with those of other ethnicities, have all sorts of political persuasions. And, as with everyone else, this is often based on class, religion, wealth and other background issues.

It's not for a bunch of backslapping, white liberals on the internet to dictate otherwise. And that's kind of the point.

Nothing makes me cringe more than a white, middle-class, liberal twats using terms like 'house-slave'.

Yuck!
I bet there were Nazis who said this kind of stuff about Jews in 1933
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:28pm

Of course Black people will have a variety of opinions, but do you think people like Candace Owens, who is a f**king idiot, would be well known for espousing such ignorant and idiotic views if she wasn't Black? Of course not. It's a cheap gift.

And I don't know if you were accusing me of being 'liberal' and 'middle-class', although I would never use the term in question, but I'm a working-class communist. Thumbs Up

For clarity, I profoundly disagree with Candace Owens.

Judge Owens on her opinions not her race, nor indeed her sex. That's my point.

Same applies to Diane Abbott, David Lammy,  Priti Patel and Iain Duncan-Smith.

Only once we reach that point we can truly be said to have evolved as a species.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 13 Sep 2020 at 9:34pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Yuck!
I bet there were Nazis who said this kind of stuff about Jews in 1933

You and your f**king Nazis...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:38pm

Only once we reach that point we can truly be said to have evolved as a species.
It would be ignorant to pretend she isn't being used as the proof for racists that they are not racist.  
When we don't have that we will have evolved. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:50pm

It would be ignorant to pretend she isn't being used as the proof for racists that they are not racist.  
When we don't have that we will have evolved. 
Every single person who supports Trump should be judged on their opinions

When a black person openly supports Trump, it carries a particular weight of shame on that person, given that Trump is openly trying to incite a white race war against black people 

Pretty similar to how a black person in South Africa who supported the apartheid regime would have been judged, or a gay person who supported the criminalisation of homosexuality

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:53pm
She is doing it for money and nothing else. It's a cheap,  vile grift. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:55pm

She is doing it for money and nothing else. It's a cheap,  vile grift. 
Which makes it even worse

Paris Dennard is the worst

Actually Kanye West might be the worst 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:59pm
Dennard seems to be intelligent enough to know the damage he is doing. Kanye might have actually gone mad, but it is difficult to say.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:14pm
 As white, bourgeois, liberal men, and all the privilege that confers upon you, you know best, of course. You are, after all, the self-appointed arbiters of morality, and far be it for the rest of us to possibly have any thoughts otherwise.

Your man Biden, is a longstanding and steadfast supporter of apartheid  Israel, but of course that's fine.

Yours is the right, acceptable, and most importantly, fashionable form of racism. And that is all that matters.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:20pm
Not bourgeois,  definitely not f**king liberal and Biden is a massive ****. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:38pm

As white, bourgeois, liberal men, and all the privilege that confers upon you, you know best, of course. You are, after all, the self-appointed arbiters of morality, and far be it for the rest of us to possibly have any thoughts otherwise.

Your man Biden, is a longstanding and steadfast supporter of apartheid  Israel, but of course that's fine.

Yours is the right, acceptable, and most importantly, fashionable form of racism. And that is all that matters.
This guy does a hell of a line in Orwellian sneering

Apparently the anti-racists are now the real racists, or something like that

He's obviously spent a long time studying far right troll techniques

Bit sad really

He'll be eulogising PW Botha next and vilifying Jeremy Corbyn

Edited by sid waddell - 13 Sep 2020 at 10:40pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:58pm
 It's the 'you ain't black' attitude extended, basically.

What non-white figures do have acceptable views in your view? 

MLK?  He was great, wasn't he?! Mandela?

No doubt you've a half-alsatian/half-labrador named 'Nelson'. No-one can possibly accuse you of racism!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 334>
  Share Topic