You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 334>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 9:10am
people calling American opposition to trump “the left”.LOLLOLLOL
The only thing left in that selfish sh*thole is the side they drive on.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 9:18am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Your man is a simpleton. I imagine he hangs about outside court houses with John Waters.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 9:39am

I'd almost classify Trump fans as a phenomenon onto themselves, and the opposition is everybody else, so it can't possibly just be defined as the "left". Its much wider than that, and its lazy just to call them "the left", and even on they dubious left-right divide, there are people on both sides of the spectrum who hate Trump, and what he stands for.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I'd almost classify Trump fans as a phenomenon onto themselves, and the opposition is everybody else, so it can't possibly just be defined as the "left". Its much wider than that, and its lazy just to call them "the left", and even on they dubious left-right divide, there are people on both sides of the spectrum who hate Trump, and what he stands for.
Trump's supporters are a white supremacist fascist cult, it's as simple as that.

Part of the problem is that modern media and its dreadful soap opera nature plays right into the hands of white supremacist fascists, with false balance and clickbait and reaction bait everywhere. The New York Times, among others, is a terrible offender in terms of uncritical, Laura Kuennsberg style parroting of Trump lies.

Even C4 News, which is usually good, regularly falls below standard in its US coverage. Yesterday was a case in point. Jon Snow allowed a guy called Paris Dennard, a token black guy employed by Trump whose salary depends on him sh*tting all over the black community, to rant and shout all over both Snow and another black guest. 

Irish media is woejus. The go to "Democratic" guy for radio is a chap called Larry Donnelly. Larry sounds like a nice enough chap, but as an analyst, he's f**king useless. You'll often hear radio segments on the likes of Pat Kenny where Donnelly is paired with a Trump loving nutcase. The nutcase rants and then Donnelly supinely agrees with him. Then Kenny or whichever host it is reads out the most insane Trump supporting texts for reaction and clickety click.

None of this coverage bears any relation to reality. 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 12:52pm
Good few videos going round on whatsapp on the looting and rioting. 

Anyone see the video where your man is trying to bring the ATM onto the public bus with him? The driver closes the door on him "We could've made money together!!" LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 03 Jun 2020 at 1:00pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I wanted Bernie to take Trump head on but Biden (possible early dementia unfortunately) simply has more appeal to the older voters and the more conservative-like Democrats.

Can someone be said to have early dementia at 77 years of age? 

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

I wanted Bernie to take Trump head on but Biden (possible early dementia unfortunately) simply has more appeal to the older voters and the more conservative-like Democrats.

And isn’t Bernie older than Biden? 
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:18pm
About the same age, I think. But definitely nowhere near as dementia-y.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Bernie will be 79 later this year
Biden will be 78

That’s a crazy age to be leading the No1 country in the world.

Donald has the record of being 70+ when elected.

Obama was only 47.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:39pm

I'm assuming he meant early stages of dementia.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:41pm
And was still a **** at 47. 

Age isn't really the issue with Biden. More that he is little more than a **** in a suit with very little to say and wandering hands.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 2:01pm
Pm genuine q. Is there any politicans you admire??? Think Corbyn and Bernie are the only two I have ever heard you say anything positive about.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 2:14pm
Have we spoken? I don't think we ever have?

Anyway, very few. Most politicians want to go along with the status quo, only speaking out when it is beneficial for their careers. There is plenty examples of that right now, you won't have to look to far! There seemed to be many more such people in the past, but there are fewer these days.
People like Bernie and Corbyn have, whatever their faults, put their head above the parapet repeatedly to try and  bring causes  to the forefront of attention and when they get them there is when the likes of Biden and Starmer pay them lip service. 
I am sure there are a lot of politicians that mean well, but it doesn't mean more than their career. Obama and Starmer are probably examples of that. Obama promised plenty and delivered little, except continued pain to millions of people, particularly in the Middle East, for which he was awarded a peace price. He is now lauded because compared to Trump he looks wonderful. He seems like a nice man, but he went along with what was easiest rather than push for real reform. I suppose the reality is, if he truly wanted to achieve real reform they wouldn't have let him be elected.
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 2:25pm
PM im surprised you didnt mention Tomás Mac Giolla. you would have spent many an afternoon dreaming up of a Communist State for Cork boy! 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

PM im surprised you didnt mention Tomás Mac Giolla. you would have spent many an afternoon dreaming up of a Communist State for Cork boy! 
What use would that be to me?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 3:34pm

Nothing to do with his age. He seems to be in the early stage of it. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Bernie will be 79 later this year
Biden will be 78

That’s a crazy age to be leading the No1 country in the world.

Donald has the record of being 70+ when elected.

Obama was only 47.

Reagan was wasn't far off Trump's age when elected the first time. 69.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Have we spoken? I don't think we ever have?

Anyway, very few. Most politicians want to go along with the status quo, only speaking out when it is beneficial for their careers. There is plenty examples of that right now, you won't have to look to far! There seemed to be many more such people in the past, but there are fewer these days.
People like Bernie and Corbyn have, whatever their faults, put their head above the parapet repeatedly to try and  bring causes  to the forefront of attention and when they get them there is when the likes of Biden and Starmer pay them lip service. 
I am sure there are a lot of politicians that mean well, but it doesn't mean more than their career. Obama and Starmer are probably examples of that. Obama promised plenty and delivered little, except continued pain to millions of people, particularly in the Middle East, for which he was awarded a peace price. He is now lauded because compared to Trump he looks wonderful. He seems like a nice man, but he went along with what was easiest rather than push for real reform. I suppose the reality is, if he truly wanted to achieve real reform they wouldn't have let him be elected.
From my (little) knowledge of the US political system it seems very hard to get anything progressive passed due to lobby groups, legal red tape and a whole host of other reasons. If Sanders was elected I think he would have been hamstrung too by the system.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 334>
  Share Topic