You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 334>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Sidney has gone full TJ on this thread LOL

f**k me i love a good meltdown on YBIG LOL
What did I miss? Was there posts removed?
Nah it's just that some simpletons think that endemic racism and fascism is somehow funny.

This Yiksheemash chap is obviously one of them.

you ok hun?
Good comebackEmbarrassed
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 9:47pm
The looters aren’t doing the cause any favours 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Jun 2020 at 9:47pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The looters aren’t doing the cause any favours 
It seems like there are plenty of right-wing agent provocateurs around.

The so called alt-right exist to act as such in the sort of manner you see in Russia.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 10:37pm
Jesus christ I just saw the video the White House twitter page published last night. Of him heroically walking to the church. It has genuinely made me feel sick. What a f**king sh*t show. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Jesus christ I just saw the video the White House twitter page published last night. Of him heroically walking to the church. It has genuinely made me feel sick. What a f**king sh*t show. 

Where have you been the last four years? LOL 

Of all the egregious actions this moronic sociopath has committed, this is only a drop in the ocean. 

I'm just looking forward to when they have the official opening of his presidential library. Every edition of The National Enquirer and fxxk all else. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:01pm

Fascism has always been kitsch and camp. 

It also has a bizarre sort sexual frustration aspect to it which is tied in with the above.

It's like performance art where terminally weak and useless people in terms of character masturbate in public about being caricatures of alpha males.

I've yet to read an online post from a Trump supporter where it doesn't come across as if the poster is masturbating furiously behind their keyboard. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Of all the egregious actions this moronic sociopath has committed, this is only a drop in the ocean. 

I'm just looking forward to when they have the official opening of his presidential library. Every edition of The National Enquirer and fxxk all else. 
Well, peaceful protestors, including priests, were tear gassed, had stun grenades thrown at them and rubber bullets fired at them so this little puke-inducing photo op could go ahead. 

I've said for years that Hitler comparisons are entirely appropriate as regards Trump and every day proves me more right.

It is unthinkable he continues beyond next January but the election will be fixed so that he "wins", mark my words.

And still, way too many people treat this as a dumb television soap opera, as entertainment. It's not. It's completely horrifying and distressing. It's the 1930s playing out in our time. This is an international thing, and we in Ireland should never, ever think we are immune to it. We aren't.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:13pm

Fascism has always been kitsch and camp. 

It also has a bizarre sort sexual frustration aspect to it which is tied in with the above.

It's like performance art where terminally weak and useless people in terms of character masturbate in public about being caricatures of alpha males.

I've yet to read an online post from a Trump supporter where it doesn't come across as if the poster is masturbating furiously behind their keyboard. 

Sid what's your take on the Lincoln Project's attack ads on Trump? 

I suppose it's refreshing to see some right wingers actually stick to their principles and will try to help remove someone that is clearly incapable of being a responsible leader even if he's on their side of the political spectrum. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:20pm
As I have said before, I lived through the ' Troubles ' in NI and I see the same narrative being reanacted now in the USA. The same mistakes, the same brute stupidity masquerading as authority. America put a clown in charge of the circus and surprise,surprise, chaos has ensued. Heaven help the weak.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:28pm

Well, peaceful protestors, including priests, were tear gassed, had stun grenades thrown at them and rubber bullets fired at them so this little puke-inducing photo op could go ahead. 

I've said for years that Hitler comparisons are entirely appropriate as regards Trump and every day proves me more right.

It is unthinkable he continues beyond next January but the election will be fixed so that he "wins", mark my words.

And still, way too many people treat this as a dumb television soap opera, as entertainment. It's not. It's completely horrifying and distressing. It's the 1930s playing out in our time. This is an international thing, and we in Ireland should never, ever think we are immune to it. We aren't.

Trump is an authoritarian with a cult of personality that solidifies his 30-40% base. The Electoral College system favours Republicans. No doubt about any this. 

That said, Biden apparently has the support of the largest labour union in the states and is very popular among the older voters especially retirees in the swing state of Florida. There'll also be no complacency this time from the Biden campaign as there was with the Clinton campaign in 2016. He will actually visit the swing states. 

I wanted Bernie to take Trump head on but Biden (possible early dementia unfortunately) simply has more appeal to the older voters and the more conservative-like Democrats. He's also currently leading Trump in polls in a lot of the swing states. Even with all the Republican dirty tactics of voter disenfranchisement/gerrymandering etc etc , if there is a surge in voter ship turnout, Biden has an excellent chance of beating Trump. 

Edited by irishmufc - 02 Jun 2020 at 11:30pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:34pm
If one of these civilian patrols kills a protestor then this will explode. This might have stopped if yer man Trump tried even a little.

There was a Facebook live video going around earlier of people parking their cars to go robbing a shoe shop.

Edited by Jackal - 02 Jun 2020 at 11:36pm
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 12:09am
God above, the yanks need Bernie Sanders more than ever (imo) I wish he would unsuspend his campaign
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:38am

Trump is an authoritarian with a cult of personality that solidifies his 30-40% base. The Electoral College system favours Republicans. No doubt about any this. 

That said, Biden apparently has the support of the largest labour union in the states and is very popular among the older voters especially retirees in the swing state of Florida. There'll also be no complacency this time from the Biden campaign as there was with the Clinton campaign in 2016. He will actually visit the swing states. 

I wanted Bernie to take Trump head on but Biden (possible early dementia unfortunately) simply has more appeal to the older voters and the more conservative-like Democrats. He's also currently leading Trump in polls in a lot of the swing states. Even with all the Republican dirty tactics of voter disenfranchisement/gerrymandering etc etc , if there is a surge in voter ship turnout, Biden has an excellent chance of beating Trump. 
Support of labour unions means nothing. America is one of the worst countries on the planet for union membership. Biden might not get to visit anywhere if Covid is still a threat.

Biden will get millions more votes than Trump. But Trump will likely "win" through a combination of voter suppression, jiggery pokery due to COVID such as hobbling the postal service, and outright vote falsification. 

America's voting infrastructure is wide open to falsification of votes and that's a deliberate strategy on the part of Republicans. Voting machines are a disaster for democracy because they're hackable. I was one of the few people to get to vote on a machine in Ireland back in 2002 (my first vote in a general election), my constituency was one of the guinea pigs. I was delighted when they were abolished both for excitement reasons - instant results are dreadfully boring - but because democracy needs to be seen to be done - and the Irish paper system with its reams of counts is the finest system in the world in this regard.

Watch the HBO documentary Kill Chain - The Cyber War on America's elections. Follow Jennifer Cohn on Twitter. https://twitter.com/jennycohn1?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I used to think Trump won the swing states legitimately in 2016 but I now suspect he may not have won those states at all, but hacked his way to victory. Similar with Bush in Ohio in 2004. 

It seems to be more than a coincidence to me that early in the night of the 2000, 2004 and 2016 elections, the Democratic candidate looked set for victory according to exit poll data, but in each case the Republican candidate staged a surprising turnaround.

I desperately hope I'm wrong about this, but the worst should always be expected of Republicans and this needs to be pushed as a major issue. Sadly it won't because eestablishmeent media in the US is geenerally more interested in soap opera and court intrigue type coverage than in covering the issues and the stories that matter. The New York Times is a particular offender and consistently benefits Trump in its framing.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:47am
Read this and tell me there won't be voter falsification - it's almost like American voting systems, especially the newest system brought in for 2020 in many places, have been designed with the express purpose of producing a false result.

I'll be throwing some money on Trump to alleviate the pain of him fixing the election. If I lose, great - I'd happily pay that money to have him gone.

Edited by sid waddell - 03 Jun 2020 at 1:49am
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

No social distancing going on as well, that isn't getting mentioned but when it was those protesting about opening up the economy it was a huge issue. These protests will only help spread the virus even more.

There is something the protestors can do with their time. It's called an election in November, where they have the right to queue outside a polling station and vote to change their President. It's a lot more power to make a difference than wrecking their own cities and risk contracting the virus. Obviously it's not as easy as that as every American President bar one, has been returned to office in the last 40 years, and every one since 1992. But they get their opportunity in November to use their vote as they see fit. Imo, the left needed another Obama with all the will determination and energy to break that sequence. They voted for Biden who has none of the above, so Trump should walk it.

Moving slightly off topic, I just had to laugh at the hypocrisy of the  bandwagon demos in London and Paris. It's hard to take them seriously as many of them are the same little Englanders who voted for Brexit to control immigration, returned an openly racist PM and cabinet at the last election, and continue to target black footballers for missing penalties and others with monkey chants. It got to the point where one game even had to be abandoned this season. As for France, I would assume many of the ongoing protests are from the same lot who vote for Marine Le Pen at election time. So they should take a good look in the mirror, before they start lecturing the rest of the world on what they have to do.

On the conspiracy theories put forward of the American voting system, the losing side always cries "fix." Trump also did 4 years ago, until he won. It may be a niche system, but at least it gives us accurate results of 150 million ballots cast, across 3 different categories, within hours of the polls closing. Not still arguing the toss and holding recounts of a few thousand votes in a number of constituencies several days later. 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 8:56am
Sidney has the black flag hanging from his bedroom window in solidarity with the looters 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 8:57am

ConfusedConfused
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 9:08am
Nobody could have predicted a white Australian to be racist...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 334>
  Share Topic