You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 334>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 1:16pm
I've seen it mentioned quite a lot, actually.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

No social distancing going on as well, that isn't getting mentioned but when it was those protesting about opening up the economy it was a huge issue. These protests will only help spread the virus even more.

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Anger at the continuing oppression of a people doesn't go away in a time of pandemic. 

If the police and the regime in the US didn't treat black people like sh*t and instead treated them as the equal of whites, there wouldn't be protests on the streets right now.

Edited by sid waddell - 01 Jun 2020 at 2:43pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 2:46pm
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/01/mr-president-dont-go-hide-china-goads-us-over-george-floyd-protests

“US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi once called the violent protests in Hong Kong ‘a beautiful sight to behold.’… US politicians now can enjoy this sight from their own windows,” Hu Xijin, editor-in-chief of nationalist tabloid Global Times, wrote on Saturday. 

I'm no supporter of the Chinese regime but they have a point over the U.S.'s blatant hypocrisy on how a state treats its citizens. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 2:49pm
Attitudes to protest are often laden with personal political preferences. You can easily spot it, and a Trump has been a prime example during the pandemic and the reaction to the killing of George Floyd. The other side of the coin are those who walk around with a clench fist while jeering the Venezuelan protestors.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

No social distancing going on as well, that isn't getting mentioned but when it was those protesting about opening up the economy it was a huge issue. These protests will only help spread the virus even more.

Anger at the continuing oppression of a people doesn't go away in a time of pandemic. 

If the police and the regime in the US didn't treat black people like sh*t and instead treated them as the equal of whites, there wouldn't be protests on the streets right now.

Just as many innocent white people are killed by police. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Any craic Planning? LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 4:50pm

Black people are killed by police at two and a half times the rate whites are.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 6:49pm

LOLffs
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I recall the start of what became known as the " Troubles " in NI. I was in my teens and not politically sophisticated but even the young could see at the time that the genie was out of the bottle and would not be going back in. I get a similar sense of that now in the USA, a country that was falling apart anyway even before the latest racist murder by cops. It's going to be a long hot summer. This isn't ending anytime soon.
On the contrary, it has always died down in the past and surely enough the media will highlight elsewhere in a week or two
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 1:48am
This is f**king insane 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 3:10am
 this thread is absolutely insane, basically al the videos of cops attacking peaceful protesters. Trump trying to turn the country into a dictatorship. 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 5:58am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

A good read in The Atlantic- most of them are - it’s framed around the pandemic and how its spreading in the US.

But also touches on roots of social injustice and imbalance over there.

30 minutes with a brew of choice required.

Very good read. 

"When Larry Hogan, Maryland’s Republican governor, procured 500,000 tests from South Korea, he kept them guarded in an undisclosed location so they wouldn’t be seized by the feds"

This just shows how flawed the US federal approach to this is.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 7:01am

In fairness they've a much higher rate of crime. Not because their black but because they live in poverty. There was a time when the Irish were highly involved with crime but we were the ones living in poverty back then. 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 9:01am
Sidney has gone full TJ on this thread LOL

f**k me i love a good meltdown on YBIG LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

What did I miss? Was there posts removed?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 10:11am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Nah it's just that some simpletons think that endemic racism and fascism is somehow funny.

This Yiksheemash chap is obviously one of them.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 10:12am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

In fairness they've a much higher rate of crime. Not because their black but because they live in poverty. There was a time when the Irish were highly involved with crime but we were the ones living in poverty back then. 

A good ol' "I'm not a racist but" rationalising of institutional racism. 

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 10:45am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Nah it's just that some simpletons think that endemic racism and fascism is somehow funny.

This Yiksheemash chap is obviously one of them.

you ok hun?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 334>
  Share Topic