You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 334>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The only link I can see between alcohol and guns is that both can help you to get sex

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:14pm
Trump is coming out with some belters on Twitter today. An absolute madman.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/966653833047887874

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Feb 2018 at 6:15pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

The NRA have a massive hard on to be the good guy with a gun, to be a hero, saluted by all as they tackle an armed madman, an all American hero. America's political system is pretty loose, state laws often over riding national ones. I have always maintained that this will never change until some headcase goes on a rampage in Harvard or Yale or somewhere that Congressmens children attend. Gun control wouldn't be long being brought in if 50 rich kids with powerful dads were gunned down. It is always the way.

It's an interesting point and it could well be the case but I just think the gun lobby like the defence contractors, AIPAC and private health insurance lobbies are too powerful to ever be severely reprimanded or prevented from getting their agendas approved in Congress. The NRA donated 30 million to Trump's presidential campaign.

Citizens United (corporation donations to political campaigns) would need to be overturned and the logistical nightmare of trying to confiscate 300 million private firearms of people throughout the United States makes it a non-starter imo. 

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Feb 2018 at 8:43pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Liberalising alcohol consumption for one day a year is not in the same league as gun control. Equally, having one day a year where people can't go to the pub is unlikely to make a noticeable difference in the way we consume alcohol. People either abstained or stocked up in the days before Good Friday. Making it more difficult to purchase guns will actually have a tangible influence, as it will render more difficult for "legitimate" firearms to fall into the wrong hands. Ditto imposing stiff penalties for those found with illegally procured firearms (not a great leap from crimes related to the possession of weapons).

I don't disagree that there has been a bi-partisan failing on gun control. But at least the Democrats have made some efforts (albeit a fraction of what John Howard and John Major did in Australia and the UK). They are not standing on ceremony peddling the "good guy with a gun" myth.

The Democrats have had their chances to do something about it down the years. They couldn't/wouldn't get it done. The only thing that works is a blanket ban, which is unenforceable. Neither the left not right in America have the will nor the interest to implement a blanket ban, the issue is constitutional after all. Pussyfooting around with token efforts is merely political points scoring.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:25am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The only link I can see between alcohol and guns is that both can help you to get sex

Quality.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

The Democrats have had their chances to do something about it down the years. They couldn't/wouldn't get it done. The only thing that works is a blanket ban, which is unenforceable. Neither the left not right in America have the will nor the interest to implement a blanket ban, the issue is constitutional after all. Pussyfooting around with token efforts is merely political points scoring.

But the Dems are not suggesting fighting guns with more guns. It's doubling down on bad policy.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:51pm

ClapClapClap
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 6:38pm
Rick Gates - former Deputy Campaign Manager - for Trump's Presidential election campaign has pleaded guilty on two charges this evening. This is a hugely significant development. To save me from typing an essay I'll leave this link lying here

https://twitter.com/SLSmith000/status/956533160191447040

Edited by colemanY2K - 23 Feb 2018 at 6:47pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Rick Gates - former Deputy Campaign Manager - for Trump's Presidential election campaign has admitted guilty on two charges this evening. This is a hugely significant development. To save me from typing an essay I'll leave this link lying here

https://twitter.com/SLSmith000/status/956533160191447040

Mueller caught him by the bollox

@BradMossEsq
In other words, this plea deal has in fact been in the works for three weeks. The media reports that Gates was about to plead guilty were accurate. At the last minute he appeared to balk, which is why Mueller dropped the new indictments yesterday. That was the last straw

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 Feb 2018 at 6:46pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 10:46pm
Now it's time for Manafort to be flipped.

As they say the wheels of justice turn slowly. Reckon Trump will be turfed out within 12 months. The midterms loom large and Democrats look like they will have a "tremendous" win. Impeachment to then follow.

Edited by colemanY2K - 23 Feb 2018 at 10:46pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 10:47pm

As they say the wheels of justice turn slowly. Reckon Trump will be turfed out within 12 months. The midterms loom large and Democratics look like they will have a "tremendous" win. Impeachment to then follow.

Wouldn't be too sure about that in relation to Manafort. He's balls deep in with the Ruskies. Don't think they'd think twice about whacking him a la Litvenenko. Only way he flips I think is if he gets witness protection.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:17pm
Well well part of the latest indictment said Manafort paid Senior European politicians to lobby in relation to Ukraine and look who it looks like was doing something along those lines in 2014

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-26768602

It will make my year if Nige is taken down

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 Feb 2018 at 11:27pm

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:25pm

As they say the wheels of justice turn slowly. Reckon Trump will be turfed out within 12 months. The midterms loom large and Democrats look like they will have a "tremendous" win. Impeachment to then follow.

There was a lad on Sean Moncrieff today who's travelled back in time from 2030. Trump will serve his full term.He will be re-elected for a second full term.He will then be replaced by another celebrity president who he won't name as they will be impeached for crooked activity (I'm guessing Oprah). The president after that will be Martin Luther Kings grand daughter who will only be in her 20's but the rules will have changed on that by then.No more info until he goes back to his own time.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:26pm

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:36pm
Let's not get carried away. It could be any politician in the EU and it does say former politicians. Farage is still an MEP but more interestingly they've used the plural.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

There was a lad on Sean Moncrieff today who's travelled back in time from 2030. Trump will serve his full term.He will be re-elected for a second full term.He will then be replaced by another celebrity president who he won't name as they will be impeached for crooked activity (I'm guessing Oprah). The president after that will be Martin Luther Kings grand daughter who will only be in her 20's but the rules will have changed on that by then.No more info until he goes back to his own time.

Sounds like this lad is right up Moncrieffs street
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:42pm

Let's not get carried away. It could be any politician in the EU and it does say former politicians. Farage is still an MEP but more interestingly they've used the plural.

Schroeder has dealings in that part of the world. I reckon he might be one.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:43pm
A "former European chancellor" led the group of politicians. Is Mueller referring to Germany by using the term Chancellor? Otherwise it could be anyone e.g. Tony Blair. Things are very juicy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 334>
  Share Topic