You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 334>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

See, Trump and Sanders both appealed to the same demographic, in certain ways. Disaffected urban white poor. Their protectionist stance, and favour of "protecting American jobs", albeit in different ways, appealed to the same people. Sanders with his promises of a better minimum wage, trade protectionism and standing up against Wall Street, and Trump with his promises of stopping illegal immigration, deporting those there and standing up to China.... they speak to the same people, albeit in different ways.

There will be some Sanders voters who will choose Trump over Clinton, anyway, although it is still clearly Hilary's to lose. What will win it for her is states with large African American and Latino populations: she'll get a boost with minority voters in Virginia, North Carolina and Florida, in particular, among swing states.

Tbh SD I think it's more of a case that Bernie's voters will just not vote which benefits Trump anyway. If more people voted I don't think the modern day Republican party would win an election.

There are a myriad of reasons for the low voter turnout, but why the f**k do they vote on a Tuesday??

Tradition as traveling to voting centers by horse drawn carriage didn't interfere with Sundays or market days. There have been calls to change it but donest look likely.

That was all well and good a hundred years ago, I mean I think it is crazy we vote on a Friday, but a bloody Tuesday!!! Every election should be at the weekend.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:41pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

See, Trump and Sanders both appealed to the same demographic, in certain ways. Disaffected urban white poor. Their protectionist stance, and favour of "protecting American jobs", albeit in different ways, appealed to the same people. Sanders with his promises of a better minimum wage, trade protectionism and standing up against Wall Street, and Trump with his promises of stopping illegal immigration, deporting those there and standing up to China.... they speak to the same people, albeit in different ways.

There will be some Sanders voters who will choose Trump over Clinton, anyway, although it is still clearly Hilary's to lose. What will win it for her is states with large African American and Latino populations: she'll get a boost with minority voters in Virginia, North Carolina and Florida, in particular, among swing states.

Tbh SD I think it's more of a case that Bernie's voters will just not vote which benefits Trump anyway. If more people voted I don't think the modern day Republican party would win an election.

There are a myriad of reasons for the low voter turnout, but why the f**k do they vote on a Tuesday??

Tradition as traveling to voting centers by horse drawn carriage didn't interfere with Sundays or market days. There have been calls to change it but donest look likely.

That was all well and good a hundred years ago, I mean I think it is crazy we vote on a Friday, but a bloody Tuesday!!! Every election should be at the weekend.

yup madness having it on a week day but any calls that were made previously to change it havent gotten very far .
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 11:56pm
I find it interesting how people talk about Trump's campaign having tapped into "the psyche of the real America", or whatever they say about it, yet Hillary Clinton has pulled in 1.85 million more votes than him in the primaries. 

What's "the real America" anyway? Is it the overwhelmingly white, majority male vote Trump has pulled in, or the far, far more ethnically diverse and more gender-balanced support Clinton has? 

It's both, clearly, but clearly Hillary Clinton taps into a far wider cross spectrum of "real America" than Trump does, and that is why she'll win.

It's a common misconception about Hillary Clinton that she is a weak candidate and doesn't have electoral appeal. She easily won two senate elections in New York (in the first, she was well ahead of Rudy Giuliani in the polls before Giuliani pulled out) and actually beat Obama in the popular vote in the 2008 primaries but got less delegates.

I'd have voted Sanders but Clinton has it locked up now. She is a very formidable candidate and I don't at all see her losing in November.

There's a litany of stuff out there about Trump that'll destroy any chance he has. He can't "pivot to the centre" in any meaningful sense because his candidacy has attracted more attention than any candidate in presidential election history and his pronouncements on Mexicans and Muslims have been world news. The impression of him as an extremist is now deep rooted and will stick. That's fine in the utter freakshow of the Republican primaries but disastrous in a presidential election. He's also going to be beaten up a stick on policy matters. He completely winged it with bluster in every Republican debate and that simply won't wash in the debates in October. 

Clinton will get around 350 in the electoral college, and in this day and age that's as big a landslide as you'll get. 

Edited by sid waddell - 05 May 2016 at 11:57pm
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 12:02am
It's the economy stupid! Donald Trump wins the election. And Yes I've a bet on it, for over 12 months when he was a huge outsider.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 12:31am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

It's the economy stupid! Donald Trump wins the election. And Yes I've a bet on it, for over 12 months when he was a huge outsider.
Of course you did, except he wasn't even a candidate 12 months ago. 
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 12:41am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I suggest you go and look at the betting to be next US president 12 months ago Wink (Good man)
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 8:18am

I suggest you go and look at the betting to be next US president 12 months ago Wink (Good man)

What a bet.

Money on before Trump even announced his candidacy ClapClapClap
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 9:17am
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 10:25am

What a bet.

Money on before Trump even announced his candidacy ClapClapClap

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Didn't announced till June... 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 06 May 2016 at 10:27am

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:12am
It is presumably little more than coincidence but you could actually back him. http://uk.businessinsider.com/chart-donald-trumps-2016-election-odds-2015-8?r=US&IR=T
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:15am
He could have been backed since 2013 at huge odds but we know this lad is very fond of after timing.

A lot of discussion boards ban lads when they are at that crap.

Edited by rossieman - 06 May 2016 at 11:18am
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:26am

He could have been backed since 2013 at huge odds but we know this lad is very fond of after timing.

Trump made no secret he was going for President last year, he's hinted at it for years.. back to 2000, in 2010 he was going Public he was thinking about come 2014 and his constant tweets about his annoyance at Washington it was near a cert he was going to run. 

I make calculated decisions on a daily basis, this is no different. 
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:27am

Donald trump will win the election. He's hitting hardcore republican values, in military and also financially.

Hillary Clinton ruined herself due to lack of transparency.

And here i am backing Trump last year Embarrassed
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:28am

Trump made no secret he was going for President last year, he's hinted at it for years.. back to 2000, in 2010 he was going Public he was thinking about come 2014 and his constant tweets about his annoyance at Washington it was near a cert he was going to run. 

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLwtf
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:32am

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLwtf

Thumbs Up 

In fact in  the ATPLs there is  a module on Human Performance basically based on making calculated decisions.

Edited by SByrne24 - 06 May 2016 at 11:33am
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:36am
Clinton will win this election in my opinion. When you have members of your own party not willing to endorse you and actually burning and tearing up their registration cards you're fighting a losing battle.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:55am

First book I saw opened on it by any of the main bookies was 2013.

I dont doubt you but others might, of course you can prove the bet exists very easily as no one likes after timing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:56am

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLwtf

Thumbs Up 

In fact in  the ATPLs there is  a module on Human Performance basically based on making calculated decisions.

Jesus f**king wept LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

You really are this man

Edited by pre Madonna - 06 May 2016 at 11:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 334>
  Share Topic