You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 334>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I can't believe the US is so backward and dysfunctional when it comes to elections. 

It seems clear as day that mass manipulation of the vote occurs. For example in Georgia hundreds of thousands of people were disenfranchised by the secretary of state who just happens to be running for governor as the GOP candidate - many of them black/minority would be voters. The count continues there as it does in Arizona where the GOP candidate has a tiny lead. Supposedly there's hundreds of thousands of mail-in ballots still to count but the local GOP are taking legal action to stop the count and have their candidate declared the victor. She has a lead at present of ~15k. 

...and the above is just the tip of the iceberg. I for one am glad the introduction of electronic voting machines never went ahead in Ireland.

Marco Rubio has just posted this batsh*t crazy twitter thread to prove my point Confused

http://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1060596874577657856

Shows you they're bricking it 

Anyone seen “Recount”
Movie about 2000 election Bush v Gore, centered around the vote/recount in Florida, really good film.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:14am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

I can't believe the US is so backward and dysfunctional when it comes to elections. 

It seems clear as day that mass manipulation of the vote occurs. For example in Georgia hundreds of thousands of people were disenfranchised by the secretary of state who just happens to be running for governor as the GOP candidate - many of them black/minority would be voters. The count continues there as it does in Arizona where the GOP candidate has a tiny lead. Supposedly there's hundreds of thousands of mail-in ballots still to count but the local GOP are taking legal action to stop the count and have their candidate declared the victor. She has a lead at present of ~15k. 

...and the above is just the tip of the iceberg. I for one am glad the introduction of electronic voting machines never went ahead in Ireland.

Marco Rubio has just posted this batsh*t crazy twitter thread to prove my point Confused

http://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1060596874577657856

Shows you they're bricking it 

Anyone seen “Recount”
Movie about 2000 election Bush v Gore, centered around the vote/recount in Florida, really good film.

I haven't but I think I will. 

In the past hour or so Scott has started taking legal action to have the count in one constituency investigated... He then released a statement berating the democratic lawyers who have shown up from Washington and has asked law enforcement in Florida to step  in (a state in which he is the current Governor). You couldn't make this sh*t up.

Meanwhile counting continues in the senate race in Arizona where the democrat has overtaken the GOP candidate. The remaining votes to be counted come from supposedly democrat leaning constituencies. That would reduce the GOP gain in the senate to 1 and potentially zero if a recount in Florida ends up with the Dem winning. Even if you ignore Florida it's a remarkable result for democrats given pre-election all the talk was how difficult the senate race was going to be for them.  

They have absolutely trounced the republicans in the house, picking up another win tonight and potentially another win on the way in California where the Democrat has overtaken the GOP candidate as counting continues. Despite the sh*te spewed by planning the democrats are on course for their biggest win in the house since the 70s.

One thing is for certain. The media were too quick to claim the blue wave was dead without fully understanding the intricacies of individual constituencies within states. then again i suppose its near impossible to make a judgement call on election night in a studio when you consider the size and complexity of the US. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 09 Nov 2018 at 3:49am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

What exactly is it that he did?

He was given the chance to ask his questions, and Trump answered them. When he decided to ask more than his limit, and refused to pass the mic  t to the next journo, the situation escalated.

Acosta has been around the WH long enough to know, that Presidential news conferences are not sit down interviews. You get one question, two at most. If you want more than that sorry, no can do. The rules are the same for him as everyone else there. He can count himself lucky to get a question in, Trump refused to entertain him at all in Trump Tower. Acosta knew what he was doing, he knew he was on camera and the world was watching, so he tried to play the victim. In contrast, John Snow of C4 was told he asked a good question. 

I watched it on CNN. And I thought they would cut the coverage when Trump started laying into them, but in fairness they played the full conference. 
That's not why he was banned though, it was for "placing his hands on a young woman" which is a pile of sh*te. Did you see the video they released overnight? Laughable
Some people just deserve a slap
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:07am

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Last night’s results, with some exceptions were a big shame. The expansion of the GOP majority in the Senate, in particular. But the worst aspect being that in two years time there is no guarantee that Trump will be out.

Most Presidents are re-elected. None have been impeached. 

Now the lefties didn't get the overwhelming majority they needed in both houses, Trump is safely in office until at least the next election.

For two years they lived off the politics of protest, and they howled at the moon long enough to be handed responsibility in the House Of Representatives this week. So when they get nothing done in a gridlocked Congress, they have to go back to their States across the country and answer questions on why they didn't do what they were elected to do. Not only that, they have to pick a viable candidate to run against Trump. The first primaries are less than 15 months away. 

As for Acosta, he knows what he did, it's all on camera. He and Trump have had a running feud for years. Trump gave him his allocation of questions, but Acosta didn't do what he was told to do. Now he's crossed the line, he's faced the consequences.

He asked questions you little fascist twerp. It's a one sided feud if the man child doesn't like being asked questions then maybe he shouldn't have ran for President 

oh Dinny is angry. i think you should get a Hilary Clinton sticker for your Facebook profile instead of Ireland LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:15am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Last night’s results, with some exceptions were a big shame. The expansion of the GOP majority in the Senate, in particular. But the worst aspect being that in two years time there is no guarantee that Trump will be out.

Now the lefties didn't get the overwhelming majority they needed in both houses, Trump is safely in office until at least the next election.

For two years they lived off the politics of protest, and they howled at the moon long enough to be handed responsibility in the House Of Representatives this week. So when they get nothing done in a gridlocked Congress, they have to go back to their States across the country and answer questions on why they didn't do what they were elected to do. Not only that, they have to pick a viable candidate to run against Trump. The first primaries are less than 15 months away. 

As for Acosta, he knows what he did, it's all on camera. He and Trump have had a running feud for years. Trump gave him his allocation of questions, but Acosta didn't do what he was told to do. Now he's crossed the line, he's faced the consequences.

He asked questions you little fascist twerp. It's a one sided feud if the man child doesn't like being asked questions then maybe he shouldn't have ran for President 

oh Dinny is angry. i think you should get a Hilary Clinton sticker for your Facebook profile instead of Ireland LOL

You really are a sad f**k 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:19am

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

You really are a sad f**k 

That’s two posters you’re after abusing now!  mods!!!! #bandinny
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:33am
FAO Denis Irwin:

We all know what those two are, but lay off openly stating it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

FAO Denis Irwin:

We all know what those two are, but lay off openly stating it.

BSM would have banned him Ouch
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:48pm

That's not why he was banned though, it was for "placing his hands on a young woman" which is a pile of sh*te. Did you see the video they released overnight? 

Yes I did see the video, and it's clear as day. All he had to do was give her the mic, but no he wouldn't do it quietly. He has no defence really. 

Trump answered his Russia/caravan questions from other reporters.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:54pm
LOL

That's not why he was banned though, it was for "placing his hands on a young woman" which is a pile of sh*te. Did you see the video they released overnight? 

Yes I did see the video, and it's clear as day. All he had to do was give her the mic, but no he wouldn't do it quietly. He has no defence really. 

LOLLOLLOL

And the doctored video  ? 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:58pm

Ffs it's not like he slapped the face off her. Assault me bollix. Get a grip kid
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:11pm
Doesn't matter. He can't get a grip, that's the point. But he did, and so got his accreditation revoked. 

Every other journo there managed to keep their hands to themselves. The rules are no different for him.

Edited by planning - 09 Nov 2018 at 3:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:15pm

Doesn't matter. He can't do that, end of. But he did, and so got his accreditation revoked. 

Every other journo there managed to keep their hands to themselves. The rules are no different for him. 

Such absolute tripe she put her hands on him. He had his accreditation revoked becuase he keeps asking questions Trump doesn't like. 

The Press Sec tweeted out a doctored video anything to say about that  ?

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 Nov 2018 at 3:16pm

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:25pm
She tried to get the mic off him, as Trump said. He refused point blank to let her, until Trump stepped off the podium.

The tweet was not doctored, it was a slow-mo. VAR, Trump style. The whole incident is on camera at normal speed.

He should have had his pass revoked ages ago. A proper journo is an impartial journo who asks legitimate questions and lets the viewer/listener/reader make up their own mind, not a biased hack with an  agenda, looking for headlines.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:27pm

She tried to get the mic off him, as Trump said. He refused point blank to let her, until Trump stepped off the podium.

The tweet was not doctored, it was a slow-mo. VAR, Trump style. The whole incident is on camera at normal speed.

He should have had his pass revoked ages ago. A proper journo is an impartial journo who asks legitimate questions and lets the viewer/listener/reader make up their own mind, not a biased hack with an  agenda, looking for headlines.

Yes it was numerous video editing experts have said it was 

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:42pm
Good for them. I don't need editing experts. I saw the video at full and slow speed. It's not doctored. It's exactly the same incident. 

Edited by planning - 09 Nov 2018 at 3:43pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:44pm

Planning playing the Pantomime villain again. Boring. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:46pm

Good for them. I don't need editing experts. I saw the video at full and slow speed. It's not doctored. It's exactly the same incident. 

LOL

Can just imagine you in a Hospital and being told you have something but you say don't because you know better and don't need a doctor 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 Nov 2018 at 4:13pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 334>
  Share Topic