You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 187188189190191 334>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Me thinks Bob Mueller will be in touch with him soon

He might already have been for all we know. Trump has made the POTUS, a position of such esteem look like a joke since day one and continues to do so on a regular basis. 21 sacked from the administration already. Madness. He still thinks its the apprentice.

I've never seen anything like this. 

As American politics is so polarized the parties won't work together to remove him under the 25th Amendment clause. I think they need 2/3 majority in both houses to remove him. 

If a major Irish or British political party had someone as thoroughly unqualified to be Taoiseach/Prime Minister as Trump there'd be a vote of no confidence in the parliament with bipartisan support and they'd be removed immediately. The American system is a bit more complex in that way.

The Republican party are afraid to replace Trump with VP Pence as 30%+ of their base have 100% unconditional support for Trump.  They're more concerned with their base than what's good for their country. 

I think you should look up the word democracy bud.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:06pm
What a way to invalidate any of your arguments Planning Clap

Edited by The Huntacha - 13 Mar 2018 at 10:07pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Me thinks Bob Mueller will be in touch with him soon

He might already have been for all we know. Trump has made the POTUS, a position of such esteem look like a joke since day one and continues to do so on a regular basis. 21 sacked from the administration already. Madness. He still thinks its the apprentice.

I've never seen anything like this. 

As American politics is so polarized the parties won't work together to remove him under the 25th Amendment clause. I think they need 2/3 majority in both houses to remove him. 

If a major Irish or British political party had someone as thoroughly unqualified to be Taoiseach/Prime Minister as Trump there'd be a vote of no confidence in the parliament with bipartisan support and they'd be removed immediately. The American system is a bit more complex in that way.

The Republican party are afraid to replace Trump with VP Pence as 30%+ of their base have 100% unconditional support for Trump.  They're more concerned with their base than what's good for their country. 

I think you should look up the word democracy bud.

Confused

Eh you do realize there can be a vote of no confidence in a party's leader? There's a democratic process involved in his/her removal bud. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:28pm
And Planning shows his true colours, typical Trump supporter, racist closed-minded fool 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:43pm
Didn't get a chance to respond to planning but needless to say you're a nasty piece of work to come out with that nonsense. Utterly shameful.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 7:35am
He's only just after getting Sessions to sack the Deputy Director of the FBI a couple of days before his retirement.

So many things wrong with this, the main one being obstruction of justice. McCabe is a key witness in the Mueller investigation and the sacking is going to play very badly for Trump.

The attached Twitter thread provides context regarding the firing: https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/955910646146748417?s=19

On top of all that it's a really scummy thing to do a couple of days before McCabe's retirement. He'll now lose his pension.

McCabe has now released a fierce statement:
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2018/3/16/17132418/andrew-mccabe-statement?__twitter_impression=true

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has been in the news a lot over the past two years, most recently for being fired by the Trump administration right on the eve of his retirement — a move that will deny him the pension he earned in over 20 years of service — but he’s rarely if ever spoken directly to the public.

In the wake of his firing, that’s changing. In a statement released to the media, he says he will be silent “no more” and says explicitly that the campaign against him is part of a cover-up.

“I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey,” the statement reads, and he calls the effort to discredit him “part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally.”

He closes by observing that the Trump administration’s “persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel’s work” and insisting that “I have unfailing faith in the men and women of the FBI and I am confident that their efforts to seek justice will not be deterred.”

Read the whole thing:

I have been an FBI Special Agent for over 21 years. I spent half of that time investigating Russian Organized Crime as a street agent and Supervisor in New York City. I have spent the second half of my career focusing on national security issues and protecting this country from terrorism. I served in some of the most challenging, demanding investigative and leadership roles in the FBI. And I was privileged to serve as Deputy Director during a particularly tough time.

For the last year and a half, my family and I have been the targets of an unrelenting assault on our reputation and my service to this country. Articles too numerous to count have leveled every sort of false, defamatory and degrading allegation against us. The president’s tweets have amplified and exacerbated it all. He called for my firing. He called for me to be stripped of my pension after more than 20 years of service. And all along we have said nothing, never wanting to distract from the mission of the FBI by addressing the lies told and repeated about it.

No more.

The investigation by the Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) has to be understood in the context of the attacks on my credibility. The investigation flows from my attempt to explain the FBI’s involvement and my supervision of investigations involving Hillary Clinton. I was being portrayed in the media over and over as a political partisan, accused of closing down investigations under political pressure. The FBI was portrayed as caving under that pressure, and making decisions for political rather than law enforcement purposes. Nothing was further from the truth. In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau and to make it clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed.

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter. It was the same type of exchange with the media that the Deputy Director oversees several times per week. In fact it was the same type of work that I continued to do under Director Wray, at his request. The investigation subsequently focused on who I talked to, when I talked to them, and so forth. During these inquiries, I answered questions truthfully and as accurately as I could amidst the chaos that surrounded me. And when I thought my answers were misunderstood, I contacted investigators to correct them.

But looking at that in isolation completely misses the big picture. The big picture is a tale of what can happen when law enforcement is politicized, public servants are attacked, and people who are supposed to cherish and protect our institutions become instruments for damaging those institutions and people.

Here is the reality: I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey. The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed that I would corroborate former Director Comey’s accounts of his discussions with the President. The OIG’s focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn. The accelerated release of the report, and the punitive actions taken in response, make sense only when viewed through this lens. Thursday’s comments from the White House are just the latest example of this.

This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally. It is part of this Administration’s ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel’s work.

I have always prided myself on serving my country with distinction and integrity, and I have always encouraged those around me to do the same. Just ask them. To have my career end in this way, and to be accused of lacking candor when at worst I was distracted in the misty fo chaotic events, is incredibly disappointing and unfair. But it will not erase the important work I was prevailed to be a part of, the results of which will in the end be revealed for the country to see.

I have unfailing faith in the men and women of the FBI and I am confident that their efforts to seek justice will not be deterred.

Edited by colemanY2K - 17 Mar 2018 at 7:57am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 9:26am
@realDonaldTrump
Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!

Trump is a nasty vindictive piece of sh*t.

Hope this f**ker dies penniless

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Mar 2018 at 9:28am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 1:11pm
Good aul Donnie

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 1:19pm
Biden would have him on the floor within a minute
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 1:20pm
This guy is such an unbelievable moron.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 1:28pm
Ffs he's a complete child
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Good aul Donnie

LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 8:57pm
Sweet suffering Jesus

@AaronBlake
Trump: "Nobody ever heard of the word 'trillion' until 10 years ago."

The national debt in 2008 was $10 trillion.

There's no way he doesn't have either learning difficulties or dementia of some so sort

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 9:21pm
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43574256

The amount of people that have been sacked/resigned from his cabinet in the space of what 14/15 months(?) is unreal.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:04pm
I see Trump is losing his sh*t again on Twitter. Tis no wonder really when Mueller is closing in. Every day there seems to be something new in the press, the latest being the FBI raid on his personal attorneys office something that is in a legal sense very difficult to do in the US. A number of legal experts on the news channels have said a judge wouldn't have granted the search warrants unless the FBI had provided the judge with evidence of fraud.

Al day there's been chat coming from experts saying there's a serious risk of him trying to fire Mueller any day now which according the Republican Senator Grassley would be "suicide".

This excerpt from the New York Times says it all.

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 Apr 2018 at 4:07pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:22pm
TOTAL WITCH HUNT !

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 2:31pm
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/11/kremlin-us-strike-against-syria-heighten-instability

“Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria,” the US president tweeted. “Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!”

LOL
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 2:39pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/11/kremlin-us-strike-against-syria-heighten-instability

“Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria,” the US president tweeted. “Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!”

LOL

the leader of the "free world" basically tweeting that he's about to kick some ass.

the world has gone officially mad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 187188189190191 334>
  Share Topic