You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 334>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:39pm
Which goes to prove Trumpism is a cult
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 6:08pm
President Donald Trump and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan made comments via live statelite link to pro-life March for Life. The first time a sitting US President has done so.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/march-for-life-2018-washington-dc-trump-to-speak-today-2018-01-18-live-stream/

April, May and June from pro-choice groups aren't impressed.

Edited by UCDFAN - 19 Jan 2018 at 6:08pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

He isnt part of the political elite but he most certainly is part of the social elite. The comments about being bankrupt are not irrelevant- any other poor bastard would barely get a £50 loan from the bank after declaring bankruptcy. But old Trump just kept marching on.

Ah right so those places are sh*tholes are they? Disgusting comment calling them sh*tholes.

I see nobody is disagreeing with the fact those countries are what Trump said they are. Instead they complain about the strong language used.

I had to laugh when I discovered 54 African leaders calling on Trump to apologise, rather than examine why the countries they lead are failed states, that offer no hope and no future to their own citizens. Much easier to kick Trump than tackle their own problems I suppose. The language is strong, but maybe they need to hear such language in order to go and do something about it, rather than look to America and the West in general all the time, to fix the problems they're responsible for.

Trump is part of the social elite, we'll agree on that. It bears absolutely no relevance to the success or failure of the position he currently holds. Going by his demeanour, I don't think he sees himself as a politician, more a man who happens to be doing a politician's job.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 8:06am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

He isnt part of the political elite but he most certainly is part of the social elite. The comments about being bankrupt are not irrelevant- any other poor bastard would barely get a £50 loan from the bank after declaring bankruptcy. But old Trump just kept marching on.

Ah right so those places are sh*tholes are they? Disgusting comment calling them sh*tholes.

I see nobody is disagreeing with the fact those countries are what Trump said they are. Instead they complain about the strong language used.

I had to laugh when I discovered 54 African leaders calling on Trump to apologise, rather than examine why the countries they lead are failed states, that offer no hope and no future to their own citizens. Much easier to kick Trump than tackle their own problems I suppose. The language is strong, but maybe they need to hear such language in order to go and do something about it, rather than look to America and the West in general all the time, to fix the problems they're responsible for.

Trump is part of the social elite, we'll agree on that. It bears absolutely no relevance to the success or failure of the position he currently holds. Going by his demeanour, I don't think he sees himself as a politician, more a man who happens to be doing a politician's job.
nothing to do with the legacy colonialism so?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

nothing to do with the legacy colonialism so?

Course not, you deserve a ban for talking such sense.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 1:11pm

Planning, you're a very silly person. If you're a troll then you should find better forms of entertainment. If you actually believe the ignorant garbage you post then hopefully you can be educated and can learn some to show some humanity in future.
El Puto Amo
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 10:11pm
benboview View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benboview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:38am
Abortion is the elephant in the room in US politics.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

If you're a troll then you should find better forms of entertainment. If you actually believe the you post then hopefully you can show some humanity in future.

I'm not a troll at all, my position on this, and many other threads, is absolute and very consistent from the outset. I believe 100% in what I post, and resolutely defend my views if/when challenged. I'm not here to change people's views, I'm here to post how I see things from my pov, and if you don't agree with it, that's just the way it is.

Politics is an unforgiving environment, where tough decisions have to be made. "Humanity" doesn't come into it much. If it did, nothing would ever get done. No matter what decision is taken, even the most popular ones, somebody somewhere won't like it. Donald Trump took the job to get things done, and America can decide in 2020 whether they like it enough, to give him another 270 votes.

A woman in Utah was interviewed by Sky there this week to sum up the difference between him and Obama. She said Trump was the man to take decisions and Obama is only suitable for entertainment at dinner parties. That's some legacy to leave behind, after 8 years.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 7:12pm

A woman in Utah was interviewed by Sky there this week to sum up the difference between him and Obama. She said Trump was the man to take decisions and Obama is only suitable for entertainment at dinner parties. That's some legacy to leave behind, after 8 years.

The Govt is shutdown despite them having a 3 branches of Govt. Really doing all swell job

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Jan 2018 at 7:13pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 7:18pm

I'm not a troll at all, my position on this, and many other threads, is absolute and very consistent from the outset. I believe 100% in what I post, and resolutely defend my views if/when challenged. I'm not here to change people's views, I'm here to post how I see things from my pov, and if you don't agree with it, that's just the way it is.

No you don't.

You post utter bollox and when pulled up on it you hide for a few days to never respond to it and come back with other nonsense and bollox.

Rinse and repeat 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 7:31pm

Edited by bhob - 21 Jan 2018 at 7:32pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

The Govt is shutdown despite them having a 3 branches of Govt. Really doing all swell job

Every few years, the government is partially shut down for a few days until a resolution is negotiated. It's not exactly Stormont.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 11:51am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 3:06pm
@ElizLanders
“I’ve always gotten a disproportionate amount of press or media,” @potus said to audible laughter from the hall. When he said the press is “fake,” the crowd booed.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 3:45pm
This story seems to have slipped under the radar this side of the pond. The Russian hackers who stole the DNC emails were in fact being spied on when they did it by Dutch Intelligence  Tongue

The Dutch hacker team spends weeks preparing itself. Then, in the summer of 2014, the attack takes place, most likely before the tragic crash of flight MH17. With some effort and patience, the team manages to penetrate the internal computer network. The AIVD can now trace the Russian hackers' every step. But that's not all.

The Cozy Bear hackers are in a space in a university building near the Red Square. The group's composition varies, usually about ten people are active. The entrance is in a curved hallway. A security camera records who enters and who exits the room. The AIVD hackers manage to gain access to that camera. Not only can the intelligence service now see what the Russians are doing, they can also see who's doing it. Pictures are taken of every visitor. In Zoetermeer, these pictures are analyzed and compared to known Russian spies. Again, they've acquired information that will later prove to be vital.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 3:48pm
I think there are many reasons why it has dropped off the radar. First and foremost it will take a serious amount of time to resolve, but also the understanding that it will take bipartisan support to actually complete the goal of removing Trump from office.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 4:03pm
Oh I don't mean the FBI investigation of DT but the story broke last night by Dutch media that the Russian hackers were being monitored by a European Intelligence agency who subsequently passed on the info to the Americans.

When Mueller refers charges to DOJ e.g. Obstruction of Justice, then Paul Ryan will be in a sticky situation. The whole of America will know that the President has committed a crime(s) and the Republicans are protecting him. If they do not proceed with impeachment they will do irreparable damage to the party and create a constitutional crisis. DT will be thrown under the bus eventually and 2018 will be the year it all kicks off. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 26 Jan 2018 at 4:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 334>
  Share Topic