You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 334>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 10:48am
I am boycotting the place if they vote in Donald Trump

I hang onto the hope that he will do something so stupid and offensive that his campaign will fall apart

He is saying plenty of offensive and stupid things and his lead keeps increasing

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:05am
I nearly admire Trump at this stage. He's clearly pulling the piss and just seeing how far he can take it. 'Murica!
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

It frightens the shyte out of me that Trump is still the leading candidate for the Republican nomination.  In fact if frightens me that he should even still be in the running.  This guy is Putin on steroids.  He could win if there is a major perceived national threat during the campaign like a Daesh attack on the HOMELAND.

I don't normally pay any attention to this pantomime, but the f**king bonkers thing is Jeb Bush is running too and Trump is making him look positively balanced and rational. 

I think it's time we closed the book on the 'America' experiment. It's gotten out of control. We need to just shut the door and climb in to the chopper, like Richard Attenborough did at the end of Jurassic Park.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:54am
If trump wins the nomination, which he won't, I'd expect the democrats to carry 35+ states
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 2:16pm
1 in 4 Americans aren't registered to vote, it was higher pre Obama as many black people registered to vote him in. I believe if Trump gets the GOP nomination, you will see a lot of Hispanics registering to keep him out. Hillary is the most likely next president, which is slightly less frightening than Trump
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 9:43am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

1 in 4 Americans aren't registered to vote, it was higher pre Obama as many black people registered to vote him in. I believe if Trump gets the GOP nomination, you will see a lot of Hispanics registering to keep him out. Hillary is the most likely next president, which is slightly less frightening than Trump

Its look like it will come down to Trump v Clinton.

Is america ready to have a female president?  I really hope so.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 9:47am
People saying that Trump wont win it.

Reagan did.
Baby Bush did, twice.

Only in Amurica.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:47am
Bernie Sanders is an outstanding candidate, probably too "radical" for 'Murica though
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:16pm
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

People saying that Trump wont win it.

Reagan did.
Baby Bush did, twice.

Only in Amurica.

Both were at least governors of states with a track record. Regan had a very clear ideological agenda that he presented as pro business and anti Russia. Bush had a family name and became a war time president. Trump is the natural continuation of celebrity and reality tv culture. I don't think they are valid comparisons.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:33pm
If America votes Trump in, which I don't think they will, they deserve everything bad that happens to them.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:40pm
As Zinedine said hopefully they are ready for a female president as realistically it looks like Hilary is the only thing standing in his way.

It seems to me that Trump is actually some kind of social experiment to see what percentage of the US population are totally f*cked in the head. The results will be interesting.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 3:04pm
#FU2016
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 4:41pm
Reckon its between Sanders and Clinton.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:28pm
A Black president followed by a female president. Rednecks would be going crazy.

It would be really funny if the next Republican candidate was Condoleeza Rice. They wouldn't know who to vote for.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 16 Dec 2015 at 6:29pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 10:07pm
Trump just be endorsed by Sarah Palin

Head honchos in the GOP must be going nuts. She cost McCain the presidency in 2008

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 Jan 2016 at 10:08pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 12:09pm
Does this email not look right?
View it in your browser
GregPalast.com

Who hatched Rubio?

The big boys are confident that Sen. Marco Rubio has locked up the Republican nomination.
But who’s locked up Rubio? 

I called my bookie in London. The betting professionals were not surprised at Marco Rubio’s big Iowa showing. The smart money has been on Rubio since October 31--despite the fact that Rubio was polling at just 9%.

Paul Krishnamurty, politics odds analyst at Betfair.com, told me that, among professional betters, over just two days, Rubio soared from zero to odds-on favorite to win the GOP nomination.

Why would the guys who bet the rent money place it all on Rubio—and what suddenly changed on October 31?

Because, despite the fact that 9 of 10 Republicans rejected him, on Halloween, Rubio won the only vote that counts: The Vulture’s. 

It was page one news in the New York Times: Paul Singer, Influential Billionaire, Throws Support to Marco Rubio for President.

I’ve been hunting Singer, AKA The Vulture, for nine years across four continents. And now the carrion-chewing billionaire has decided who will be your next President.

The Vulture, not the Kochs, has become the Number One funder of the Republican Party. The Vulture’s blessing signals to the other billionaires where to place their bets.

Singer doesn’t “donate” to candidates. He invests in them. And he expects a big, dripping return on his money.

But why Rubio? Because Singer’s little hatchling is doing The Vulture’s bidding already. Singer has launched a murderous financial “vulture” attack on Argentina. Singer is shaking down the gaucho nation for $3 billion.

Here’s the story. Decades ago, Argentina’s military dictatorship issued bonds that sucked the nation dry. When democracy returned, 97% of the banks that had funded the dictatorship agreed to take a low payment for these bonds.

Then down swooped The Vulture. Singer and his partners bought up the “hold-out” 3% for $50 million – and now Singer demands that Argentina pay him $3 billion, a 6,000% return on his “investment”—or he’ll bring Argentina to its knees.

That’s why he’s called The Vulture – because Singer has used this same junk-bond ransom trick to swipe aid funds meant for cholera clinics in the Congo. (When I uncovered that scheme for BBC Television, Britain’s Parliament banned Singer’s vulture fund from British courts. His operations are outlawed throughout most of the civilized world.)

But The Vulture has a problem: Hillary Clinton. As Secretary of State, Clinton went to court on Argentina’s side and body-blocked every ugly attempt by The Vulture to savage Argentina.

Singer is screeching. A President Hillary would cost Singer billions. (As would a President Sanders, a stalwart foe of vulture financiers.) To counter Hillary, The Vulture hatched a Senator: one Marco Rubio. Senator Rubio has made several ethically dubious attempts to bully the Treasury and State Departments on Singer’s behalf.

That failed, so Singer has decided to put the anti-gay martinet Rubio into the White House. (Singer’s son is married to a man—but hey, to Singer, a feast of billions means more to him than family.)

Yet Singer knows you can’t put a Rubio in the Oval Office by winning the most votes. No way. Changing demographics doom almost any GOP candidacy.

The only way to take the White House is to block the vote of millions of voters of color.

And that’s why Singer has become donor Numero Uno to Karl Rove’s operation Crossroads.

I’ve been on the trail of racist vote suppression tactics since 2000 when Katherine Harris was Purge’n General. And behind so many of the moves to disenfranchise voters, all too successful, is the Rove operation.

Now I’m on the hunt again. I’m in the middle of ripping the lid off the biggest, most secretive vote suppression operation since Jim Crow was law.

I’m in the thick of making the movie, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy: A Tale of Billionaires & Ballot Bandits, about the coming attempt to swipe the 2016 election through ugly—but unbelievably sophisticated—vote suppression trickery.

For BBC TelevisionThe Guardian and Rolling Stone, I’ve been on the beat of ballot bandits – and the billionaires behind them for 16 years. This film – and a related series of articles, web videos, and a book – which we must release in Spring 2016 – has one aim: to save The House I Live In, the America of Martin Luther King and Franklin D. Roosevelt.

This is not about whether Rubio or Clinton or Sanders or any other candidate should win. This is about making sure that the ballots, not the billionaires, determine the election.

I’m asking you to help me complete this documentary.

And we’ll be covering The Vulture and his hatchling.
Singer’s knuckle-draggers muscled me out of his Rubio fundraiser last month—when my disguise fell off. No kidding. So I have to try again.

While The Best Democracy Money Can Buy movie will have heavyweight, real, undercover, no-BS investigative reporting, it will present the eye-popping truth in an eye-popping manner, with all the humor and heart you expect from a Palast team film.
Watch this sneak peek.

I am asking you, to add your name as a Producer or co-Producer of this film (for a tax-deductible donation of $1,000 or $500 respectively) and you will receive a movie producer credit and an invite to join me at our opening in Hollywood. (You can, of course, choose to remain anonymous.)

For a $100 donation, you’ll be listed in the film credits as a supporter – and receive the signed DVD of the film.
Or support the film for any amount you can, no matter how small or large.

Please make this donation to our foundation right now.

I can’t thank you enough for your support—not just financial, but your vote of confidence in me and my team’s work over the years.

It’s what keeps us going.

Paul "The Vulture" Singer by Rob Bischoff from the film, 'The Best Democracy Money Can Buy'©Palast Investigative Fund
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 10:21pm
What are they voting on at the moment over there? Is this just to find out which party get's their main presedential candidate? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 334>
  Share Topic