You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South Korea - Daegu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South Korea - Daegu
    Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 2:07pm
Anyone ever been here able to recommend anything to do see?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 2:24pm
To clarify you are looking for things to see and daegu?

I'll get my coat.....
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 2:26pm
Yes,been there 3 or 4 times.Not much help to you on this as all i did was go on the piss.

There's probably the usual quota of temples to check out (might sound a bit ignorant but i lived in Korea for a long time and imo if you've seen one temple you've seen them all)

What are you heading there for? Work, Holiday (hardly?) My guess is your heading over to meet some mates who work there?

If it's your 1st time in Korea then you'll really enjoy it as it's so different to most other places.I would suggest a temple (suppose you have to do one) a few traditional Korean meals out,beers Soju (korean wine like saki) and a nooribang (Karaoke gaff) to finish the night off.They probably have a traditional Korean market there too which are always worth a look.

If you have mates there they will know all the places to go.

Overall i didn't find Daegu too interesting but then again i didn't give it a chance.Most of my Korean friends had told me its a bit of a sh1thole and doesnt have a lot going for it but as i said it depends on your perspective.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Yes,been there 3 or 4 times.Not much help to you on this as all i did was go on the piss.

There's probably the usual quota of temples to check out (might sound a bit ignorant but i lived in Korea for a long time and imo if you've seen one temple you've seen them all)

What are you heading there for? Work, Holiday (hardly?) My guess is your heading over to meet some mates who work there?

If it's your 1st time in Korea then you'll really enjoy it as it's so different to most other places.I would suggest a temple (suppose you have to do one) a few traditional Korean meals out,beers Soju (korean wine like saki) and a nooribang (Karaoke gaff) to finish the night off.They probably have a traditional Korean market there too which are always worth a look.

Overall i didn't find Daegu too interesting but then again i didn't give it a chance.Most of my Korean friends had told me its a bit of a sh1thole and doesnt have a lot going for it but as i said it depends on your perspective.

Cheers!
Going due to work. Arriving Tuesday evening and out Friday morning, so not a lot of time.

Most of my activities will have to take place in the late afternoon evening unfortunately.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 2:41pm
Just checked there and there is a western style pub call Travelers in the main area.

I would suggest going in there the 1st evening for a bite to eat and maybe a pint.There will be other foreigners in there and a quick chat with any of them an you'll know to do.

It's not unusual for lads on business to pop into the local western bar to get the real storry.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 2:53pm
Cheers for the advice Kimbap!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Sure it's the same with cathedrals in Europe. Cologne, Munich, Krakow, wherever: they're all the same. Marble floors, a few candles, a big spire you may or may not be able to climb, a few crass Americans and a few busybodies shushing people.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic