You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : Junior & Intermediate Football
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Separate section for Intermediate/Junior Football
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Separate section for Intermediate/Junior Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Separate section for Intermediate/Junior Football
    Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 3:47pm

Is there an argument for creating an Intermediate/ Junior football sub section within the League of Ireland section? 

The LSL forum was very popular for years although it got a bit outlandish at times and wasnt properly moderated which was ultimately it's downfall. There is defo a void there now. 
However, a section with threads for Intermediate LSL, Junior LSL, AUL, UCFL, LFL, Munster leagues etc could be decent. Teams can post match reports, advertise for friendlies and players etc and have a bit of banter. It might take a while to catch on but I'm thinking in terms of Kevin Costner and field of dreams here. Don't shatter my dreams lads. 

It would appeal to people involved with clubs whether playing or managing etc, and there must be a good few of those floating around the forum
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 3:48pm
Thumbs Up

Not what you're looking for as such, but I've stickied this for the time being.

Edited by Sham157 - 27 Aug 2015 at 3:49pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 3:50pm
Muchas gracias Sham. We'll see if there is any interest
El Puto Amo
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 4:12pm
Surely this merits it's own section like the league of Ireland or the international side has,why stick it in with the league of Ireland?
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Stick it in the rest of the world. Let the junior clubs be closer to their beloved Engerland.

The junior clubs I was referring to were mens teams. As in the LSL Saturday leagues, the AUL, LFL, UCFL etc. They don't have any great affiliation with Engerland to the best of my knowledge. 

The LSL intermediate divisions started back last week and the junior ones are this Saturday.

There will be some interest with Killester representing the LSL in the FAI Cup quarter finals and Sheriff representing the AUL. 

On a side note, Broadford Rovers off to a flyer in Senior 1 with an emphatic 5-2 away win over TEK in Rockford park last night to stretch the unbeaten run to 2 games. 
El Puto Amo
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 4:43pm
I think the section would be well worth having
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 5:17pm
Good idea MC Hammered
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 10:48pm
Its about time. This site don't cater for all football fans on here. Should have its own section though, not LOI as the Tallaght Rovers scum dont think football exists outside of their council ground.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 10:52pm
Paddy Power have betting on every Carlow Premier League match this season

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 8:35am
Good idea
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 8:49am
Good idea. Forumers will be dying to hear all about the imminent Boy Z vs MC Hammered/Ginzo battle next Wednesday obviously Wink
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Ginzo Ginzo wrote:

Good idea. Forumers will be dying to hear all about the imminent Boy Z vs MC Hammered/Ginzo battle next Wednesday obviously Wink

Is this on yeah? Due to fly to Portugal on Wednesday Cry

We drew 2-2 with Bangor on Wednesday. 2 down after 20 mins. 
We had 3 big shouts for penos, none given...

Side note, the Iveagh Grounds was immaculate.
Theres only one sport that matters..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:36am

Delighted to hear that the Iveagh grounds are back in good nick. It's a smashing place to play when it's looked after. 
El Puto Amo
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Originally posted by Ginzo Ginzo wrote:

Is this on yeah? Due to fly to Portugal on Wednesday Cry

We drew 2-2 with Bangor on Wednesday. 2 down after 20 mins. 
We had 3 big shouts for penos, none given...

Side note, the Iveagh Grounds was immaculate.
Yep Wednesday up in your place I believe. 

Great to hear about the Iveagh Grounds. Hopefully it'll hold up when the weather gets worse!
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:24pm
KDL is back on Sunday with 4 very attractive fixtures to kick off the season including 2 Killarney v Tralee fixtures in Tralee.

Tralee Dynamos v Killarney Celtic
Park v Killarney Athletic
Listowel Celtic v Castleisland
Fenit v Mastergeeha
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 2:22am
What day of the week are lsl fixtures posted as I can't find the fixture list online for next weekend as I'm looking to take in a match to earn a few quid.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 3:59am
Originally posted by Richmond Ultra Richmond Ultra wrote:

What day of the week are lsl fixtures posted as I can't find the fixture list online for next weekend as I'm looking to take in a match to earn a few quid.
Mondays Herald...how will you earn a few quid?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 12:08pm
Thanks. I input data for the bookies at these games. 60 Quid a game plus travel.:)
Omnia Causa Fiunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic