You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best/worst pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:10am
Have a listen to Gary Neville's interview with Graham Hunter. 

Really makes you realize how good he is and points out how stupid most of the rest are. Once you realise it you'll be forever realizing most of it is BS.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:10am
I really loved David Pleat on ITV. He'd welcome you to the football game and you just know he'd be the perfect host at his tudor cottage type house with lashings of tea and Mr Kipling. Clive Tyldesley would open the commentary and discuss proceedings and you just knew it was coming after a minute so... Up pops Pleaty "Good evening everybody and welcome. A lovely night for football"

"There's Thierry Henry, exploding like the French train that he is"
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:10am
Clive Tyldesley - an irritating, racist ****. Tyldesley bingo was mildly entertaining though.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:25am
Is he actually a racist? Evidence?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:33am

He stereotypes every single nationality in a way that a white little Englander can. Heasers from corners are 'British goals', South Koreans are always 'scampering ' and 'full of energy', Africans always 'bring lots of colour' with references to 'jungle drums' the Japanese are 'nippier' etc.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:34am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He stereotypes every single nationality in a way that a white little Englander can. Heasers from corners are 'British goals', South Koreans are always 'scampering ' and 'full of energy', Africans always 'bring lots of colour' with references to 'jungle drums' the Japanese are 'nippier' etc.

LOLLOL

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:51am
A quick google led to me finding my personal favourite on twitter;

Clive Tyldesley just described Chiriches as a fine advert for Romanian immigrant labour! A hark back to the days of acceptable casual racism

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:02am
"You only have to look at the composition of Ron's football teams to know he is not a practising racist," he said. "In a world where sticks and stones and worse are breaking the bones of black people, the careless utterances of a football pundit are not going to hurt anyone's life but his own."
his wonderful opinion of Ron Atkinson.

Also; "they are happy drunks, the Irish".

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:03am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I really loved David Pleat on ITV.

Good shout actually - he was decent. I always liked Jim Beglin for the Ireland matches as well although a lot of my mates didn't seem to agree.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:20am
Apologies to Hornet and Baggio but no mention of him would be compleat without this clip

https://youtu.be/XyAUkaC6nsI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 9:38am
Paul Merson on Man City signing Yaya Toure in 2010

Embedded image permalink
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:35am
Paul "The Magic man" Merson.

Brilliant footballer, likeable eejit pundit. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:46am
Dunphy and Giles dont watch football anymore. Its obvious they haven't a clue of up to date form of players. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 1:23pm
Kilbane talks in clichés and repeats his points ad naseum. The same as he played, football by numbers.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 7:48pm
While Gilesy is getting really old and doesn't see enough games he is still the master analyst. Kerr is a well of knowledge and his Dublinese unique, fook knows what the Brits would make if him but he's class. Neville easily the best English pundit. Honourable mentions to Lennon, Hamman, Sadlier and Dixon. The rest either mediocre, annoying or plain clueless.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 7:56pm
Best pundits?
Gary Neville and mnf probably best show for epl even if Erm Erm Jamie Erm Erm is with him

Last 2 seasons bt sport have used journos like Marcotti etc for Serie A and some if not most are usually bang on with their analysis of the games, 100 times better than some aging ex pro who once played a season at Pisa reserves and don't get me started on that fkn commentator they took from itv who only wants to talk about the epl or england during Serie A games ffs
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

While Gilesy is getting really old and doesn't see enough games he is still the master analyst. Kerr is a well of knowledge and his Dublinese unique, fook knows what the Brits would make if him but he's class. Neville easily the best English pundit. Honourable mentions to Lennon, Hamman, Sadlier and Dixon. The rest either mediocre, annoying or plain clueless.
No way is Giles the master pundit. He is unaware that the game has evolved in the past twenty years.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:01pm
Best:
Kerr, Dixon, Souness, Neville and Cunningham (massively under rated). Similar to another poster I'm still undecided on Sadlier - I used to hate him with a passion but not sure anymore.

The rest are either outdated (rte panel), spoofers (Wright, Redknapp etc.) or attention seekers (Dunphy).
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic