Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best/worst pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Listening to the Cambridge United game on local radio and the regular commentator, who is actually very good, is away. His replacement is so bad he is hilarious. I hope, like Paul Ince, he is a fan of Partridge. Some beauties from the first twenty minutes:

"That's the Findus Stand. In the land of frozen food, fish pays top dollar, doesn't it?"

"Harrison Dunk is so controlled. He passes the ball like a golfer."

"It is worth noting, after 20 minutes, that the U's know which way the goal they are scoring in is."

"You would expect the trains to run on time with a player like Danny Collins in the side; but, unlike a train, he looks like he could be done for pace."

“Grimsby town have landed one on the roof of the net. That’s ‘on the net’ not ‘back of the net’. “

He sounds fantastic! At least he doesn't speak in lazy footballese cliché like the average commentator. This is on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire I'm guessing. I'll have to give it a listen some time.
He was only filling in as the usual commentator was ill, he was supposed to be doing his few minutes at a local rugby game, which went uncovered. 
I thought he was fantastic entertainment myself, that doesn't seem to be the general consensus though, especially as nobody knew which team had scored the second goal, all we knew was there was a goal!
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:01pm
I hope that at the end he made a fishing net related pun about Grimsby being a fishing town yet Grimsby being unable to find the net.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I hope that at the end he made a fishing net related pun about Grimsby being a fishing town yet Grimsby being unable to find the net.

It would've been remiss had he not. Nominative determinism means it's only a matter of time before Conor Sammon joins Grimsby Town. Them or Fleetwood.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 02 Mar 2019 at 8:20pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:25pm

It would've been remiss had he not. Nominative determinism means it's only a matter of time before Conor Salmon joins Grimsby Town. Them or Fleetwood.
Fleetwood Town have a group of Scottish fans that have a flag at their games, it says something like 'McCod Army' and it always makes me wonder why they missed the most obvious pun of all time because of their loyalty to a fish. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:51pm

It would've been remiss had he not. Nominative determinism means it's only a matter of time before Conor Salmon joins Grimsby Town. Them or Fleetwood.
Fleetwood Town have a group of Scottish fans that have a flag at their games, it says something like 'McCod Army' and it always makes me wonder why they missed the most obvious pun of all time because of their loyalty to a fish. 

MacKeral Army, you mean?

It's staring them in the face!
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:25pm

Listening to the Cambridge United game on local radio and the regular commentator, who is actually very good, is away. His replacement is so bad he is hilarious. I hope, like Paul Ince, he is a fan of Partridge. Some beauties from the first twenty minutes:

"That's the Findus Stand. In the land of frozen food, fish pays top dollar, doesn't it?"

"Harrison Dunk is so controlled. He passes the ball like a golfer."

"It is worth noting, after 20 minutes, that the U's know which way the goal they are scoring in is."

"You would expect the trains to run on time with a player like Danny Collins in the side; but, unlike a train, he looks like he could be done for pace."

“Grimsby town have landed one on the roof of the net. That’s ‘on the net’ not ‘back of the net’. “
In all fairness PM that lad sounds like my kinda commentator. That’s almost Brian Moore country, f**kin brilliant word pictures!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:49pm
The problem being that you never knew who was attacking or who scored. It was on ten minutes before we knew it had kicked off!

Awful commentary, tremendous fun!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 10:16pm
The classico on Eleven Sports was an awful experience. Some commentator who never shut up, alongise Karanka whom can abrely soeak English, and Graham Hunter who wanted to do his usual "talk about how great things used to be" routine. They had another lad at pitchside to tealk about how the crowd ws reacting to goals, subs etc.

Then at halftime, instead of a presenter/studio, they had the same 3 commentators again, using basically an iPhone turned to selfie camera. Far too close up, lads didn't know which way to look.

Get La Liga back on Sky/BT pronto
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 10:20pm
It was on premier sports which is on eir sports in ireland
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 2:42pm
Partridge was dropped for today. The main man is still injured but the nod has been given to a young lad. In other words, they opted for the tea boy! 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 4:16pm
RIP Fraser Robertson used to cover Ireland a lot for sky.

He was on 47.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 4:55pm
What happened him. Was he ill?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What happened him. Was he ill?

Chris Kamara saying he had been ill but no more detail than that.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:50pm
He had some kind of rare brain bug that almost killed him 10 years ago.Not sure if that was connected to his death. He was the journalist who broke the news of Roy Keane being sent home from Saipan, that's according to the SKY Sports website?
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:22pm
Checking in Gerk and Gary Spain for worst pundits LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Checking in Gerk and Gary Spain for worst pundits LOL

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 5:14pm
John O'Shea LOL 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:18am

John O'Shea LOL 
If watching Ireland doesn't send you off to sleep, he will. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
  Share Topic