Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best/worst pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Paul Ince LOL

Obviously a graduate of the Martin O'Neill school of deep tactical insight

That's brilliant
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Paul Ince LOL

Obviously a graduate of the Martin O'Neill school of deep tactical insight

That's brilliant
I laugh every time, it sums the lad up. Do they not do screen tests? I get that many of them are pointless and boring, that is largely what broadcasters want, but he can't even speak. 

In fairness, they are nearly all terrible now and it isn't really their fault. The sense of fun and joy that was in football has been entirely sucked out of the game, every pundit now talks as if they are discussing Brexit. In fact, the matters debated on BBC political shows, in the midst of a national sh*tstorm,  are done with less gravity than Garth Crooks or Mark Lawrenson discussing a handball between Fulham and Huddersfield. 
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

They've done well to keep him off MoTD for the last few years, but probably time for the BBC to completely jettison Mark Lawrenson at this stage. I actually felt bad for the main commentator who was stuck with him for the Chelsea-Sheff Wednesday game as he was a whole new level of atrociousness.

First time I'd heard him since I can remember (never watch MOTD) never knew he was still going .....what a pointless ol dinosaur ......you can just picture him with his feet up waffling away nonsense ....should be on gogglebox
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 12:01pm
Jaysus Ronan O Gara, he's bad enough on the telly but on the radio his long pauses while making a point is making bad radio. Now he's on off the ball moving forward we can all look forward to spendkng time sitting in silence wishfully willing that ome of the others smacks him on the back of the head and tells him to hurry up!
His insight is good.but just so slow to get it out
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Jaysus Ronan O Gara, he's bad enough on the telly but on the radio his long pauses while making a point is making bad radio. Now he's on off the ball moving forward we can all look forward to spendkng time sitting in silence wishfully willing that ome of the others smacks him on the back of the head and tells him to hurry up!
His insight is good.but just so slow to get it out
 I have always enjoyed listening to him, he has a brilliantly dry sense of humour that really makes those around him uncomfortable. It really adds to the entertainment.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 5:21pm
Thought he was decent on OTB AM last week.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 1:01pm
Paul Ince is still at it. He's all over BBC and BT. He's absolutely atrocious.They may as well just get some lad in off the street.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Paul Ince is still at it. He's all over BBC and BT. He's absolutely atrocious.They may as well just get some lad in off the street.

Still laugh at his thinking that he could have done as good a job as Solskjaer at United LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:30pm
Listening to the Cambridge United game on local radio and the regular commentator, who is actually very good, is away. His replacement is so bad he is hilarious. I hope, like Paul Ince, he is a fan of Partridge. Some beauties from the first twenty minutes:

"That's the Findus Stand. In the land of frozen food, fish pays top dollar, doesn't it?"

"Harrison Dunk is so controlled. He passes the ball like a golfer."

"It is worth noting, after 20 minutes, that the U's know which way the goal they are scoring in is."

"You would expect the trains to run on time with a player like Danny Collins in the side; but, unlike a train, he looks like he could be done for pace."

“Grimsby town have landed one on the roof of the net. That’s ‘on the net’ not ‘back of the net’. “

Edited by pre Madonna - 02 Mar 2019 at 3:30pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:37pm
Sounds like a heroLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:39pm
Paul Merson on Kepa:

''He mugged Sarri off''.

How frightfully Albert Square!

Image result for vicky only fools
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Sounds like a heroLOL
He is brilliant! 
"Reggie Lambe goes down under a scything tackle. That's not the best cut of Lambe"

"George Taft gives Cambridge the lead with his hair gel. It would have been a ponytail in the old days".

"I know other products are available, but that was a L'Oreal goal. They are well worth it".

"There's a Colgate ring around that back four and Mitov is the toothbrush".

"Gary Deegan is more beard than man"'

"That's his 12th yellow card of the season, not that we are counting"

"George Maris has a one-on-one, I say one-on-one, but there is a defender present, as well as the goalkeeper. Anyway, it's a corner".

LOL

Edited by pre Madonna - 02 Mar 2019 at 4:17pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:06pm
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:39pm
Top Partridge commentary that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:45pm
He has discussed hair gel and beards more than the football. Despite listening to the game live on radio, I have been informed of both goals by other means first.

"There was a Viking burial ground in each goalmouth at Blundell Park, which may or may not be true".
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:20pm

Edited by TonyNotJack - 02 Mar 2019 at 7:55pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 6:24pm
I watched the Man U match on BeiIN sports today and the commentator was on his own and he was better than 80% of the ones on Sky/BT - he was speaking Arabic so I couldn’t understand any of it but he made more sense than most of them. 

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:42pm

Listening to the Cambridge United game on local radio and the regular commentator, who is actually very good, is away. His replacement is so bad he is hilarious. I hope, like Paul Ince, he is a fan of Partridge. Some beauties from the first twenty minutes:

"That's the Findus Stand. In the land of frozen food, fish pays top dollar, doesn't it?"

"Harrison Dunk is so controlled. He passes the ball like a golfer."

"It is worth noting, after 20 minutes, that the U's know which way the goal they are scoring in is."

"You would expect the trains to run on time with a player like Danny Collins in the side; but, unlike a train, he looks like he could be done for pace."

“Grimsby town have landed one on the roof of the net. That’s ‘on the net’ not ‘back of the net’. “

He sounds fantastic! At least he doesn't speak in lazy footballese cliché like the average commentator. This is on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire I'm guessing. I'll have to give it a listen some time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
  Share Topic