Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best/worst pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:14pm
No mention of Hargreaves on anyone's list. Personally think he is terrible when talking about the premier league. It so obvious he doesn't have a great understanding of it but get him talking about the Bundesliga and he's brilliantly insightful. His knowledge of it is first class.

he made a great documentary a few months ago about bayern. Well worth lookin it up as delves into the club and how it ticks.

EDIT: here it is..."inside bayern munich with owen Hargreaves" it's called: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUMsRwCDtI

Edited by colemanY2K - 28 Aug 2015 at 10:19pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 12:53am
There are plenty of bad pundits floating around these days, but what amazes me is that the worst of the bunch at BBC, Shearer, is also their lead pundit. He is just awful. Same with Sky, Henry is very poor and robotic on tv, yet he is their lead pundit now. The mind boggles.

Kerr is the best analyst around. Brilliant insights and also has a sense of humour on tv. Brian Kerr Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 3:11am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 9:02am
Michael Owen is definitely the worst, when Felliani scored late against Club Brugge the other week Owen comes out with; "Put the ball into the box and he is mustard".
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 11:48am
BT are taking the complete piss with two co commentators and Howard Webb. They had the hugely informative 'Sav' and the surprisingly decent fruitcake Glenda yesterday. Glenda was having a few insightful tactical moments while Lily came out with beauties like "if Arsenal don't win here , against ten men and all the ball, I feel I will have to question their title credentials. Sorry Arsenal fans'.
Not to mention Webb poring over ever foul 63 different angles to explain why a referee made the decision, or indeed made no decision at all.
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

My favourite Michael Owen quote isn't there

"What a strike!!, although it was going wide if it wasn't for the deflection"
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 5:39pm
Worst: Ronnie Whelan Jnr
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 9:10am
Ruud Gullit absymal

When asked what went wrong with Liverpool on saturday on MOTD he said they need a new stadium to be able to compete

Never says anything remotely interesting
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 10:35pm
Paul Merson LOL

Discussing all the club's new signings and trying to say all the club's who are in the bottom half of the table are there because they sign too many players, saying that after 4 games ffs LOL

Also he cannot pronounce anyones name to save his life and Chelsea have just signed a player called Papiss Mison Dijilobodji - Worth keeping an eye out on 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 9:52am
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9975608/transfer-deadline-day-a-club-by-club-guide-for-premier-league-comings-and-goings

Villa, Arsenal and Bournemouth have had better transfer windows than City according to Einstein Merson 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 10:30am
To be fair to Merson, there is absolutely no way he wrote that! His English is nowhere near that good
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 10:43am
Tommy 'Smyth with a Y' Smyth. 

Arch-cĂșnt.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9975608/transfer-deadline-day-a-club-by-club-guide-for-premier-league-comings-and-goings

Villa, Arsenal and Bournemouth have had better transfer windows than City according to Einstein Merson 

This would be the same Arsenal that were the only club in the top five leagues around Europe that did not sign a single outfield player during said window? Good man, Paul.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 3:48pm
Best - Arrigo Sacchi
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 11:08pm
Michael Owen's quotes.

This is profound.

He's given the referee no choice but to consider his options.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:04pm
Owen Hargreaves is one hard listen for 90 long fkn minutes, aside from Jon Champion mentioning the epl and epl teams there about 150 times in a game not involving any epl side........  We then had Hargreaves telling us Messi was by far the best player on the pitch over and over and over as Messi repeatedly over hit his pass's, lost possession or just hit it out of play, best he cold muster for the clear MOTM Florenzi was some stupid joke 

BT have some decent pundits that do their Serie A coverage, if we're to suffer Jon "man utd/epl" Champion then have someone with some knowledge of at least one of the teams who isn't just reading from a puns handbook some clown must have gave Hargreaves before kick off 
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:15pm
During the Arsenal game tonight -Ireland were unlucky not to qualify for the euros in 2000 on this ground after conceding a late goal (maksimir)
Ray houghton says yea it was Kenny Cunninghams fault haha
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 7:56pm
Now thankfully we don't have the epl loving Jon Champion and instead have a main commentator who knows about both teams, we have the complete muppet Andy Cole who only appears to know of Gervinho and and Alexander Hleb and as Hleb is on the bench then he's mentioned Gervinho any time he's opened his trap

Why for the love of beer can't they fkn just use the likes of Richard Hughes or someone who knows most European teams from his time with the channel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic