You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reeling In The Years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 8:44pm
watched this evenings episode too. Funny/sickening listening to the bankers saying there's nothing to worry about. 
Not a great episode though. 1999 or 2001 are one of my favourites. Obviously they take you back to the year and make you reminisce what you did yourself, nothing exciting for me in 07. 
The dark side.. And the light
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 8:57pm
Watched it too. The year i finished college and got a job in the nick of time before the arse fell out of the country.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:21pm
feic I couldn’t tell you one thing I did in 2007.   Probably went to a few Ireland games.  Can’t think of anything else.  Some years feic all happens in your life of note and other times loads of Significant things happen in a few months. The 

AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:25pm
It rained in 2007, it rained a lot

It also rained a lot in 2008

Summers for ducks if ever there were

deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:36pm
watched it too. Bertie going to tribunal and waving at the crowd with a big smile....what a hero
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Watched it too. The year i finished college and got a job in the nick of time before the arse fell out of the country.
I finished my Bachelors in 06 and by the time I finished my Masters in 08 there was f**k all jobs at home. Reason I moved to England for that I thought would be six months but sure I'm here 12 years now and probably won't ever move back. 
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:55pm
My son was born, missed Wales away.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:05pm
My eldest was born. Lost most of my hair. I think these were related.

I remember at the time, on top of childrens allowance, we received a €250 extra payment each quarter.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I remember at the time, on top of childrens allowance, we received a €250 extra payment each quarter.

Jaysis..... an extra 250 each quarter for kids? f**king hell. No wonder we were so f**ked.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:23pm

Same happened to me, except it was all my hair not just most haha

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

watched this evenings episode too. Funny/sickening listening to the bankers saying there's nothing to worry about. 
Not a great episode though. 1999 or 2001 are one of my favourites. Obviously they take you back to the year and make you reminisce what you did yourself, nothing exciting for me in 07. 

Finished school that year. Turned 18 Started college. Had a bit of freedom in life. Look back at the year with good
Memories. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Why is it banned on the one hour later show and not the regular hour? I must be thick. I don't get it.

Is this the reason why RTÉ +1 only goes out after 7pm and has a clocked finishing time too?

It's now a 24hr channel, and the show is repeated as all the others are. 

Edited by planning - 24 Aug 2020 at 10:56pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

2007 was on. Showing the Irish heading off to New York for Christmas shopping. Hon the boom. 

Now you know why we all contributed to the crash. Shopping weekends in America is the most extravagant waste of money during the boom I've ever heard of. Thankfully, Newry is the furthest Irish people go to shop these days. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Couple of good points there.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:56pm
Think we were playing out of Croker then, tickets were around €80 for the lower tier, no problem filling the place, crazy how it’s changed. 
I qualified as a mechanic that year, in a great garage, before the f**king crash killed it. 
My first away trip as well in the February to San Marino Clap
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:57pm

The good old days of "when I have it, I'll spend it". And remember the 3 grand new home buyers grant....I bought my house in 2001, the inspector came to the house, had a 5 minute look around, passed the house for the grant. I jokingly said "that'll pay for the world cup". The inspector gave me the death stare. f**k I thought. Then the inspector smiled and said that his son was doing the same. And then there was the SSIAs....remember some lefty politicians being ridiculed for having the temerity to try and spoil the party by suggesting that the government should invest some of the surplus in hospitals and education.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Think we were playing out of Croker then, tickets were around €80 for the lower tier, no problem filling the place, crazy how it’s changed. 
I qualified as a mechanic that year, in a great garage, before the f**king crash killed it. 
Some sesh in Rimini
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Some sesh in Rimini
Certainly was. The foot.ie bus loaded up with beer on the 6one news heading for San Marino LOL it stopped up the top of the hill on way to the ground & f**ked off without us, we had to thumb a lift with a tray of beer down to stadium. Great times 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic