You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reeling In The Years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 5:38pm
Sad state of affairs but Reeling in the Years could be the TV highlight of the night
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Why is it banned on the one hour later show and not the regular hour? I must be thick. I don't get it.

Is this the reason why RTÉ +1 only goes out after 7pm and has a clocked finishing time too?

It's now a 24hr channel, and the show is repeated as all the others are. 

Better late than ever, five years to get an answer LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

feic I couldn’t tell you one thing I did in 2007.   Probably went to a few Ireland games.  Can’t think of anything else.  Some years feic all happens in your life of note and other times loads of Significant things happen in a few months. The 

Bratislava Prague double header iirc. Savage week. 
Phewwwwwwwwwwwww talk about drink flowing , the football was crap .

Jesus, Murphy's, we've seen a lot worse. Should have beaten Slovakia only for the customary late slip and were right in the game v the Czechs until Hunt got himself sent off.

But yes, the drink was flowing. Fans bus from Bratislava was a ride of death for me, had to get the bus to stop en route to compose myself... 
Should have been on the train Confused , now have to say we got lucky and decided to pay an extra 2 euro for first class .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Think we were playing out of Croker then, tickets were around €80 for the lower tier, no problem filling the place, crazy how it’s changed. 
I qualified as a mechanic that year, in a great garage, before the f**king crash killed it. 
My first away trip as well in the February to San Marino Clap
Some sesh in Rimini

Some kickaround in the car park outside the ground!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

feic I couldn’t tell you one thing I did in 2007.   Probably went to a few Ireland games.  Can’t think of anything else.  Some years feic all happens in your life of note and other times loads of Significant things happen in a few months. The 

Jesus, Murphy's, we've seen a lot worse. Should have beaten Slovakia only for the customary late slip and were right in the game v the Czechs until Hunt got himself sent off.

But yes, the drink was flowing. Fans bus from Bratislava was a ride of death for me, had to get the bus to stop en route to compose myself... 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 7:12am

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:43pm

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:23pm

the Armed police let me bring mine in one they were open, walked in with about 8 open cans LOL

feck it, I went dry for that first half for no reason
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:21pm
the Armed police let me bring mine in one they were open, walked in with about 8 open cans LOL

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:20pm

Think we were playing out of Croker then, tickets were around €80 for the lower tier, no problem filling the place, crazy how it’s changed. 
I qualified as a mechanic that year, in a great garage, before the f**king crash killed it. 
Some sesh in Rimini
Certainly was. The foot.ie bus loaded up with beer on the 6one news heading for San Marino LOL it stopped up the top of the hill on way to the ground & f**ked off without us, we had to thumb a lift with a tray of beer down to stadium. Great times 
Blagged a lift with Ray Treacys bus. Pit stop at a couple of small bars up the mountain then onto the ‘stadium’. I stashed a bag of cans outside fearing they'd be taken off me. Hopped the waist high fence at the back of the stand at half time and retrieved them for the second half, and badly needed they were.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:12pm

Some sesh in Rimini
Certainly was. The foot.ie bus loaded up with beer on the 6one news heading for San Marino LOL it stopped up the top of the hill on way to the ground & f**ked off without us, we had to thumb a lift with a tray of beer down to stadium. Great times 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:03pm

Some sesh in Rimini
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

My eldest was born. Lost most of my hair. I think these were related.

I remember at the time, on top of childrens allowance, we received a €250 extra payment each quarter.
The good old days of "when I have it, I'll spend it". And remember the 3 grand new home buyers grant....I bought my house in 2001, the inspector came to the house, had a 5 minute look around, passed the house for the grant. I jokingly said "that'll pay for the world cup". The inspector gave me the death stare. f**k I thought. Then the inspector smiled and said that his son was doing the same. And then there was the SSIAs....remember some lefty politicians being ridiculed for having the temerity to try and spoil the party by suggesting that the government should invest some of the surplus in hospitals and education.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:56pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Couple of good points there.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

2007 was on. Showing the Irish heading off to New York for Christmas shopping. Hon the boom. 

Now you know why we all contributed to the crash. Shopping weekends in America is the most extravagant waste of money during the boom I've ever heard of. Thankfully, Newry is the furthest Irish people go to shop these days. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Why is it banned on the one hour later show and not the regular hour? I must be thick. I don't get it.

Is this the reason why RTÉ +1 only goes out after 7pm and has a clocked finishing time too?

It's now a 24hr channel, and the show is repeated as all the others are. 

Edited by planning - 24 Aug 2020 at 10:56pm
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

watched this evenings episode too. Funny/sickening listening to the bankers saying there's nothing to worry about. 
Not a great episode though. 1999 or 2001 are one of my favourites. Obviously they take you back to the year and make you reminisce what you did yourself, nothing exciting for me in 07. 

Finished school that year. Turned 18 Started college. Had a bit of freedom in life. Look back at the year with good
Memories. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic