Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 89>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 1:20am
That has to be the worst pats team I've ever seen, going to be a long season for them

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 11:10am
Huge game against Rovers on Saturday. 5pm kick off, perfect time for a game of ball. Hopefully There is a big turn out. Both managers will be desperate for a win. 2-1 Saints 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 10:45am

Considering what a sh*te start to the season it's been, it was great timing to have Rovers yesterday. The sending off impacted their strategy far too much and we completed dominated the game from that point onwards. Fair play to Kurtis Byrne and Josh O'Hanlon for their impact off the bench. I was really impressed with Markey too and he deserves a run in the team in place of JJ Lunney.

The table looks a little bit better today. Rovers are an average side at best
El Puto Amo
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 2:06pm
I would worry about getting relegated if I was a pats fan. The only reason they won yesterday was Rovers turning into a complete mess once we went down to 10 men.
Before that moment there was only going to be 1 winner.

Pats won't be playing teams with a novice in the dugout every week.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 7:01pm
I wouldn't totally disagree with you in many ways Skinny. I am a bit worried about Saints this year but I think we'll be safe in the end. We have been poor though.

Regarding Bradley, I was shocked by how negative Rovers were when they lost a man. A sending off isn't a death sentence for the whole team. The game plan was terrible. Sitting in really deep and inviting pressure. Rovers gave up all ambition and the only decent player was Gary Shaw and he got hooked for some reason. Conan Byrne had a field day for us on the right hand side. We should have won by more in the end
El Puto Amo
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 8:53pm
I have no managerial experience of football teams, but I would have thought that playing with 10 men would be one of the early pages in the coaching manual! We played ike we had 8 men!
Conan Byrne always turns up against Rovers.
Is Christy injured. He was anonymous yesterday.
As regards your squad, I wouldn't be hanging my hat on the dennehy Bros and Gavin peers. I think you may need some summer signings.
As for Rovers I have to assume we will get our act together eventually as we have a relatively decent squad.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:00am
It seems Bradser wrote Buckley's team talk for him, every week he is at it, a football genius.Clap
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:40pm
Delighted to get a win, wouldn't read too much into it though that's a poor rovers team with no real leadership from their bench they literally allowed us the freedom of inchicore to play.

Bring on bohs
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Delighted to get a win, wouldn't read too much into it though that's a poor rovers team with no real leadership from their bench they literally allowed us the freedom of inchicore to play.

Bring on bohs

What's the bets that Dinny Corcoran scores against us?
El Puto Amo
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Bring on bohs

What's the bets that Dinny Corcoran scores against us?

Is he not out for the foreseeable? Bohs seem only capable of scoring from set-pieces at the moment.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 7:25pm
Yep,dinny and akinade both injured long term as is eoin wearen,three very experienced players out of a thin squad.couple of other knocks saturday too,were keeping fingers toes etc crossed for friday.if you offered a draw now id take your hand off,still be hoping for a sloppy 1-0 mind!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:46pm
Saints announce a partnership with Belvo

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=7508
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:58pm

That is some website!LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:15pm
Good for both parties. Wonder what Crumlin will make of it,is that their tie in gonzo??
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That is some website!LOL
Serious antipathy from all involved there translating into that website, the lack of a shirt sponsor and their crowds.
If they drop this year I wouldn't expect to see them near the PD for at least 10 years.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:20pm
@bsm, Yeap it's a good move. Regarding Crumlin, I presume Saints are going to maintain a partnership with both

PM and Bitored, Yeap the marketing is brutal. There is not enough investment in the club across the board
El Puto Amo
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:43pm

PM and Bitored, Yeap the marketing is brutal. There is not enough investment in the club across the board

You have to wonder what is Garrett Kelleher's ambition for Pats? I know he has put a lot of money in over the years and he has other financial issues to contend with right now, but I feel his apparent lack of direction is permeating right through the club. If he doesn't care, who else will?

I'm only reading the situation from the outside. I have never met Mr.Kelleher and I have not seen him talk publicly about the club ever, really. And I am certainly not knocking his historic commitments, God knows where we would be without him. Still, I'd just like to know where he wants us to go (and no, not the First Division).
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:57pm
You would wonder where league of Ireland football in the capital is going, you would have to say the future for St Pats and Shelbourne looks bleak, I really think  having cabinteely in the first division offers nothing new either in truth if you compare a lot of european capitals how many top flight clubs do they have? Paris, Berlin, Rome ? As it stands Dublin has 3 top flight teams in a 12 team division. Its not ideal I dont have the answer but no new licences should be issued to clubs that already have a league of ireland club  within a 50km radius. a grant for provincial clubs to participate in the first divison to help them get off the ground. Would love to see a team from the Kingdom involved.  
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 89>
  Share Topic