Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 89>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Not related to Pats but there is a huge increase in kids going to games I believe, my son whose 14 now, who never watched football before, (he does play it) goes to all the Shels games, all his mates go, all this class mates go and a good few off his football team go.

Really encouraging to see, he wanted me to drive him to the Showgrounds yesterday and I said I can't - he said f**k it he'll just get the DART instead LOL
LOLLOL
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I got my company to sponsor a Pats match. That might have been a hard sell in the past but with increased attendances and a more positive outlook, they went along with it. 
I brought my MD and a couple of others and they really enjoyed it. 
Pats were very accommodating. They put us sitting with the injured/ suspended players. Brian Kerr was there too. They brought us into the house at half time and showed us the memorabilia. My gaffer was on to me the next day to say he will definitely be back. 
I can’t remember the cost but it was very reasonable. 
Anyway the whole scene is more appealing to corporates now which is an added benefits. 

Fair play MC Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Was happy with the win tonight. Was a good competitive and even game, was impressed with the tempo and organisation Drogheda showed. They are a good side.

It was a fortunate goal to break the deadlock.

Left with a smile on my face and another great evening by the banks of the Camac
 Crowd 4k plus again.

Disappointed we didn’t win on Friday, never mind sneaking a point. 3 nil was not a true reflection.

Thought it was a good match, in front of a good crowd. At one point in the first half, I remember looking out at the quality of the football, the sunshine and the crowd, thinking how lucky we are to have this! Give me summer football all day long!

You’re right re the kids, had my 3 up with me (7, 9 and 11), who all enjoyed the buzz in Inchicore. One of the few away grounds for me that have respectable jacks for the kids!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 10:17pm
Drogheda fans made a good racket too.
Definitely a club on the up.

My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 12:05am
Sweet win tonight which was just the tonic after Monday's sickener. Thank fook they've only to play Rovers once more and that's not until the second last game in the season. 

Have to say, Jamie Lennon had a terrible game and his passing was atrocious all night. Gave the ball away twice in dangerous areas and was constantly misplacing passes in the final third. Forrester was deservedly MOTM and some of Mulraney's touches and layoffs were top class. Grivosti did well too but Pats almost got sucker punched with that side netting header towards the end. 

Thought it might be another 4th at best finish for Pats this season but 3rd is definitely in play with Bohs dropping a lot of points lately. 

So far so good under Daly Clap
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 11:33pm
Looks a serious injury for Grivosti so will be out for awhile. Pat's are cursed with injuries to their two main central defenders. 

Carty did brilliantly to score that winner. Nice to get one over Dundalk after that 5-0 humiliation a few months back.

4/5 wins under Daly and arguably Pats deserved something from their loss away to Rovers. So far so good. 

smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:16pm
Have to say some body must be doing right at Pats. Several players at the Euro U/17s with Ireland and their U/17 team preforming well at a tournament also in Europa. Saw them play this season and Curtis is excellent. 
alive and kicking
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 9:04pm
Superb win for Pats and to get a win against one of the two top sides in league is a huge psychological boost. 

Derry haven't  conceded much this season either. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Superb win for Pats and to get a win against one of the two top sides in league is a huge psychological boost. 

Derry haven't  conceded much this season either. 

Watched on tv. Great performance. Excellent start for Daly.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:27pm
One of the best performances in years. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Could be a good year yet
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 11:20pm
Deserved nothing tonight. Almost got away with a draw. 

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:21pm

Fairly sh*t game this evening. Shels are set up to be hard to beat. They prob shaded the first half although Pats finished it well. Once we went in front, Shels offered very little.
Happy to take the 3 points but it was uninspiring stuff
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 9:45pm
Probably the most guilt ridden 7-0 wins I'll ever experience. LOL

Great for Pats and does wonders for the goal difference but had to feel for UCD tonight. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:10pm
Great night. Delighted for Mason Melia, chap is a couple of months younger than my eldest daughter, makes me feel old. 7 unanswered goals is always enjoyable.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:14pm
League tightening up now, Pat's recent form has put them right in the picture. Should be a great run in...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 8:17am
Anyone off UCD do well?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 8:42am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Anyone off UCD do well?

They hung their two flags up behind the goal very well I thought. 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 9:11am
Could have been ten or more.

Mad to think we've lost 8 and aren't out of the mix. Very few draws mind.

We've also dropped three points late in our last two away games, do sound be tighter still.

Given rovers have gained six points more in head to head games, it doesn't say much for their form.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 89>
  Share Topic