You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 88>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Looks like I'm chatting to myself in here but I'm comfortable with that Smile

Good result for Saints last night against Bray. I wasn't at it so I don't know what sort of team Bray had out but a 4 nil loss at home isn't great. Nice to see Fagan off the mark with a couple of goals and also one for O'Hanlon. Need to keep Fagan fit. 
if fagan is fit we will qualify for Europe. If not we will struggle. I agree about the malaise around the club, were stuck in a rut and need a lift
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 7:33pm
We had more or less a full team out, albeit that now means so very good players k. The bench. The team out was more or less the same team that would have beaten ye on last two leagues games last year so bit worrying
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 8:59pm
I was talking to a mate who said that Clancy left a back pass short to let Fagan score and he immediately just walked off the pitch without even signalling to bench! That's mad if it's true
El Puto Amo
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 2:15pm
Can the OP change the title of the thread? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

I was the OP and I'd be happy to change thread title if I could but I think we need a mod for that?
El Puto Amo
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 2:36pm

Why ?

I was at a funeral last week in Inchicore when a junkie approached me (scuttled should I say) around by the grotto looking for odds.

The title is perfect.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 4:21pm

I was the OP and I'd be happy to change thread title if I could but I think we need a mod for that?
Thumbs Up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 4:35pm

Cheers Sham
El Puto Amo
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 10:14am
Thanks for changing it. I know it's just a self-deprecating p!ss take and I'm not mortally offended by it but all other clubs threads just state the club's name. It just makes it a bit more serious minded. Cheers.

As for the forthcoming season, I can see it developing like last year, pretty much. Delighted to hold on to Christy Fagan but we have to hope the midfield performs much better to give him a supply line. Reports from the other night at Bray were good but I wouldn't read much into it.

Who do you think will be 1st choice keeper? O'Malley or Murphy?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 10:31am

In fairness O'Malley has been decent for us. That league cup semi final in Tallaght stands out in particular. I just get a feeling that Bucko doesn't fancy him and so Murphy may start. 

The squad really is paper thin. I reckon there is a good starting XI when everyone is fit but the young lads are going to have to step up again this year. 
El Puto Amo
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 12:14pm
Yeah, I've always been happy with O'Malley too, and he has passed that 'beginner' phase, so that even though he looks young and inexperienced he has plenty of games under his belt now.

The squad IS thin, same as last year. We really struggled after losing Bolger, Forrester and Brennan (who wouldn't?). Let's hope something gels this year.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 12:40pm
The whole match day experience needs to be improved. Hopefully mcdowells can reknit the club again
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

The whole match day experience needs to be improved. Hopefully mcdowells can reknit the club again

Finances are tight by all accounts but more has to go into marketing. The Facebook page is passable but could do a better job of advertising upcoming games. A sponsored media campaign before the season starts would be a good way to attract new followers and entice back lapsed Saints.
Are they engaging with local schools/clubs trying to get them coming to games?

El Puto Amo
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 1:21pm

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Finances are tight by all accounts but more has to go into marketing. The Facebook page is passable but could do a better job of advertising upcoming games. A sponsored media campaign before the season starts would be a good way to attract new followers and entice back lapsed Saints.
Are they engaging with local schools/clubs trying to get them coming to games?

you would hope so given the crumlin link up. Haven't been following the goings on in 125 much, but its been a shambles for years run by well meaning volunteers
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 1:58pm
With 3 going down this year I'd worry for Pats(and Bohs for that matter). A few years in the 1st division would almost certainly mean death
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

With 3 going down this year I'd worry for Pats(and Bohs for that matter). A few years in the 1st division would almost certainly mean death
won't be that bad for us imo. Improved goalie. Gregg will give better cover for the defence than last year and fagan will be fitter. Comfortable top 6
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 11:54pm
What do pats fans make of Clarke going to limerick? Was he not going to get a look-in with O'Malley?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

What do pats fans make of Clarke going to limerick? Was he not going to get a look-in with O'Malley?

Clarke was first choice to begin with but they seemed to share the number 1 jersey for the second half of the season. I'm not sure if Bucko was aware of Clarkes plans to leave and wanted to give O'Malley a chance or if Clarke decided to leave as O'Malley had displaced him from the team. 

They are both good keepers in fairness. Clarkeys distribution is excellent. I'd wish him well in Limerick

El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 88>
  Share Topic