You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 89>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 2:18pm
Sunday Times saying ken Cunningham in the frame along with Ger OB and Alan Matthews!!!
Sponsored Links

stylishallenjones View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stylishallenjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 7:08pm
Long time reader and first time poster to the forum, tried to sum up all the thoughts on Kenny going https://twitter.com/alexdunnesf/status/1166001122399739906?s=09 could have worked better and a few different things went against him but it just wasn't good enough on the pitch week in week out 
Ideal replacement is Collie O'Brien, the dream would be Kerr, not arsed if it's Russell, Matthews I'm pessimistic, Cunningham not sure, Caulfield would be the nightmare 
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 7:41pm
Stevie O'donnell getting the pats job. Strange one 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:27pm
confirmed now, would have been a massive influence around the training ground at Dundalk and will be badly missed, at least he’ll be back for the last game of the season for the trophy celebrations. Hope it works out for him.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:40pm

It’s a gamble but hopefully it pays off.
El Puto Amo
Euro88pats View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 10:03pm
More sh*teCry
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:07pm
90% of their squad released. O Donnell gonna have some job rebuilding. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:24pm
I’m not too sad to see most of them gone but there was a few surprises. Don’t know why they let Kelly go and apparently Clarkey is free to leave also which is strange. 
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I’m not too sad to see most of them gone but there was a few surprises. Don’t know why they let Kelly go and apparently Clarkey is free to leave also which is strange. 
Kelly, McAuley & Doona I thought would’ve been kept 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:31pm
Doona never showed much except for that away game in Derry recently. McAuley was a bit disappointing in his short spell at the club also
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:34pm

Doona never showed much except for that away game in Derry recently. McAuley was a bit disappointing in his short spell at the club also
All 3 had a lot of potential I would’ve said. 
I can see why a clear out is needed but who’s being kept? Forrestor?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:40pm

Off the top of my head, the lads being kept are Markey, Forrester (he has another year on the contract), Desmond, Brian Maher, Bermo and Walker. You’re right, it’s a massive rebuilding job. 
El Puto Amo
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:38pm

Off the top of my head, the lads being kept are Markey, Forrester (he has another year on the contract), Desmond, Brian Maher, Bermo and Walker. You’re right, it’s a massive rebuilding job. 

Think Dean Clarke is staying as well. Would have thought Kelly and Clarkey would also be staying. Would like to think Lennon and Coleman will be staying, and then Luke McNally coming back from Drogheda
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:46am

What's the story with him? Talked about for years at Liverpool, They'd huge hopes for him. Gets released and cant get a place in the Pat's side. Now released. Looking like another great hope that drifts off to nothing
Some people just deserve a slap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:27am

I had heard ages ago that McAuley had a ropey attitude but that was when he was with Liverpool. In fairness, I didn't hear that he was disruptive at Pats but he just didn't perform all that well. 
El Puto Amo
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:09am

Doona never showed much except for that away game in Derry recently.

He made a mistake leaving Rovers, he was beginning to break into the team, and had a good goal scoring record from limited game time. I can understand why being a local lad he went to Pats. I suspect he could do well elsewhere.

Edited by Tony Cousins - 07 Nov 2019 at 11:09am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 2:52pm
Kevin Toner being released too? I thought I read somewhere that he got POTY for the club?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 7:15pm
Toner was released a few weeks ago before the end of the season. Coleman signed for Cork today
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 89>
  Share Topic