You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 88>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:31am
It's starting to feel like last season again....hopefully we can put in a few performances like the one against Waterford the other week.
Really need to win against Rovers this Friday.
Sponsored Links

Euro88pats View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:38am
Its much easier for the defence and midfield to push on and pressurize when they have nothing to fear from the opposition strikers
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 9:47pm
Hon PatsClapLooked a blatant red card,stupid tackle from an experienced pro right in front of Pats bench. Poxy match 😫
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 10:58pm
Excellent win tonight, game turned on the sending off(absolute madness from O'Brien), was even enough before that. Bumper crowd and excellent atmosphere, good to see Killian back on the pitch.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Hon PatsClapLooked a blatant red card,stupid tackle from an experienced pro right in front of Pats bench. Poxy match 😫

Agree with all that. Surprisingly low intensity game for the most part. I would have bet my bollox on a nil all finish if it wasn't for the sending off. It was a Weird first goal, I've no idea how it ended up in the net. 
After that I could only really see a Saints win. Rovers were fairly sh*te, we weren't much better but I'll take the result 

El Puto Amo
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 10:17am
That red card incident happened in almost the exact same spot as the one last season in the same fixture. It looked very wild but I thought the ref was going to only give a yellow.

Poor enough game technically, but there was an intensity to it and a good atmosphere from a good crowd.
No idea what happened for our first goal. I was in the far end of the ground and only realised it was in when our players ran off celebrating.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 10:37am
He was going to give yellow. He had it in his hand. The scuffle gave him some thinking time and probably consulted with the Lino. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:31am
I'm in love with Killian Brennan ❤
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

He's great craic alright. 

That Thomas Byrne fella is a bit lively isn't he. First thing he did when he came on against Bohs was lift one of their lads out of it for a yellow. Then he came on for 10 mins last night and was on a mad one winding up the Rovers crowd and putting himself about. I foresee many red cards in this lads future. He has tidy feet and a bit of pace though so he could be useful 

El Puto Amo
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:57am
Nothing in it up until the red card, stupid tackle from O'Brien but I am convinced I saw the referee take out the yellow before eventually changing his mind, possibly a fair call though as it was a very high tackle. First goal was an own goal I'm pretty sure, shocking defending and nobody took responsibility to get the ball out of the box and looks like the last touch came off a Rovers player.

Your man Thomas Byrne really did wind up the Rovers fans, he made a "1-0" gesture to the fans and was being given dogs abuse by them and 5 seconds later he wins a penalty and Killian Brennan sticks it away. One of the Pats players caught a bottle that was thrown at him in the celebrations and pretended he was going to throw it back LOL
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

That Thomas Byrne fella is a bit lively isn't he. First thing he did when he came on against Bohs was lift one of their lads out of it for a yellow. Then he came on for 10 mins last night and was on a mad one winding up the Rovers crowd and putting himself about. I foresee many red cards in this lads future. He has tidy feet and a bit of pace though so he could be useful 

He was booked against Dundalk too. As was pointed out to me last night he has only played about 20mins in total and has 3 yellows. A mad man but some energy. 
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Nothing in it up until the red card, stupid tackle from O'Brien but I am convinced I saw the referee take out the yellow before eventually changing his mind, possibly a fair call though as it was a very high tackle. First goal was an own goal I'm pretty sure, shocking defending and nobody took responsibility to get the ball out of the box and looks like the last touch came off a Rovers player.

Your man Thomas Byrne really did wind up the Rovers fans, he made a "1-0" gesture to the fans and was being given dogs abuse by them and 5 seconds later he wins a penalty and Killian Brennan sticks it away. One of the Pats players caught a bottle that was thrown at him in the celebrations and pretended he was going to throw it back LOL

Ref had yellow out indeed. 4th official made him aware that the tackle was in fact a terrible one; at which point the ref seemed to realise that was in fact the case. Shocking tackle and a red all day.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 2:39pm
He speaks his mind anyway does young Byrne.

“The gaffer just said ‘manage’ the game before I came on,” said Byrne who ‘won’ the late penalty, which Brennan converted with aplomb. “As soon as I saw him put his leg out, I’m looking for the penalty; I was going to do whatever it takes to win,” was the replacement striker’s honest assessment.
El Puto Amo
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 2:46pm

He speaks his mind anyway does young Byrne.

“The gaffer just said ‘manage’ the game before I came on,” said Byrne who ‘won’ the late penalty, which Brennan converted with aplomb. “As soon as I saw him put his leg out, I’m looking for the penalty; I was going to do whatever it takes to win,” was the replacement striker’s honest assessment.

He's a mentler. Clap
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

He was booked against Dundalk too. As was pointed out to me last night he has only played about 20mins in total and has 3 yellows. A mad man but some energy. 

He was on the pitch 20 seconds in dundalk and whacked into a dundalk fella and start laughing,  then he smashed into cleary to earn his yellow. He's known for being a bit "wild" I look forward to seeing more of him 
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 6:13pm
If he can control that aggression he could come in very handy. We know we've been too 'nice' on many occasions in the last few years so some bite would be most welcome.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:27pm

Good win tonight. Played some superb stuff 
El Puto Amo
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:04am
Good win and clean sheet tonight. Played some good stuff but should be scoring more for the amount of possesion we have. Thought the ref was terrible, was itching to send Jamie Lennon off then gave us a dodgey enough peno. Onwards and upwards win our next two(big ask) and we can genuinely start thinking about european qualification
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 88>
  Share Topic