Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 88>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:34am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Best of luck to Pats.

I met a Romanian Taxi driver in Bucharest in July 2011 who had a long discussion with me on LoI football including his forthcoming bet on Sligo Rovers v St. Pats.  IIRC he had Pats as an away banker but the game ended as a draw.

He and his friends bet on Irish football because it was clean in their opinion.  
Part of Da Town fan club no doubt .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 8:07pm
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 11:35am
Few more clarifications on this from 125.

Gk will own the shopping centre development afterwards. 
They are considering a backstop agreement to protect the club, likely a new entity with a long term lease from the GK ownership structure.
The club will facilitate whatever density and social mix the council desire. The club don't necessarily need to profit from the housing aspect of Michael's, the stadium will be funded from the retail aspect. 
The capacity is dictated by the size of the commercial development. The club say there is no point in putting 6000 seats into a build that has capacity for 12000.

Plan has been well received by local politicians. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:13am

Saints played some decent stuff at times last night but really need to start scoring when they are on top. They managed to turn what should have been a routine win into hard work particularly as Waterford were down to 9 men. Lennon has a lovely range of passing and he has a great physique for a young lad. Markey was good again, he is nice and busy and links up play well. 
Keegan up top looks very short on confidence. His peno was dreadful and at this stage, he doesn't look like the answer to our problems at centre forward. 

For Waterford, Duffus and Akinade are a handful but they were clearly missing their suspended lads. 
El Puto Amo
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 10:19am
Yeah, some really nice football last night, we're coming together at last. Still a few areas to improve on, the striking position being the obvious one.

Unusually we played our worst when they were down to 9 men. 
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 11:05am
Agree with that - the 2nd red card seemed to hamper us more than help as we became very pedestrian. Nothing easy but winnable games over the next couple of weeks before Dundalk and Rovers could have us in a good position. Yet to win back to back games though.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:15pm

I'm raging with that draw. It's a fairly easy game to analyse. Saints were 2-0 up at the start of the second half when Brennan goes down in the box. I was sitting behind the goal so I'd say I was 20 yards away and it looked a peno all day. My pal at the  game with me has no allegiance and he was certain too. Instead of a peno and the scoreline becoming 3-0, our man gets sent off for a second yellow for diving and theres 40 minutes left on the clock. Brennan should have actually saved us all the pain by simply the slotting the ball into an empty goal instead of taking a touch but how and ever. 
After that Bohs had the better of the game and equalised in the 92nd. Sick. 

El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 7:32am
Any reports I've read have said it was a definite peno.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:40am
I was in the Bohs end behind the goal (an awful place to watch the game btw) but I thought it was a pen straight away. 
The ref & linesman on the main stand side were pretty appalling all game so I’m not surprised he got the pen decision wrong. 
Bohs had a good shout for a pen themselves when Bermo took it on his bicep. 
Bohs have some record with injury time goals this season
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I was in the Bohs end behind the goal (an awful place to watch the game btw) but I thought it was a pen straight away. 
The ref & linesman on the main stand side were pretty appalling all game so I’m not surprised he got the pen decision wrong. 
Bohs had a good shout for a pen themselves when Bermo took it on his bicep. 
Bohs have some record with injury time goals this season

Not a bad trait to have in a young team.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Euro88pats View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 8:28pm
Another horrendous goalkeeping performance last night from Murphy, we'll do f**k all this year with him , surely to God Tyson will get a run now

saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Euro88pats Euro88pats wrote:

Another horrendous goalkeeping performance last night from Murphy, we'll do f**k all this year with him , surely to God Tyson will get a run now

He didn't look up to much in the dundalk league cup game, it's a major worry 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:10am

It might be worth having a look at Brian Maher at this stage despite his young age
El Puto Amo
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Euro88pats Euro88pats wrote:

Tyson wasn't on the bench the other night. Maher was.
Euro88pats View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 9:43pm
Terrible performance,just kept giving the ball away Dundalk didn't even have to work hard for their goals. I'm afraid we are going nowhere this year again,abs absolutely nothing up front,never look like scoring
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:22pm
I wasn't there tonight but that's a demoralising result. 
A decent keeper and centre forward are badly needed
El Puto Amo
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I thought Murphy played well actually,made some good saves, beaten by two deflections, a top corner screamer, a great move and tap in and a scramble.

A good centre forward wouldn't have changed anything tonight

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I thought Murphy played well actually,made some good saves, beaten by two deflections, a top corner screamer, a great move and tap in and a scramble.

A good centre forward wouldn't have changed anything tonight

Agree with this, in truth it should have been 5 by half time. Very poor 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 88>
  Share Topic