You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 88>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Entertaining game in Inchicore. If Conan had his shooting boots, we would have won handy. He missed three sitters. Although O'Malley made a super save too.

Thought the momentum shifted in Sligos favour when Peers went off injured and Cregg came on. Desmond had to move to centre half from the base of the midfield and that affected Saints ability to keep the ball.

Feely is a prospect but he gave the ball away in some shocking areas. Needs to sort that out.

The positives are that its another game unbeaten, Fagan scored and Markey was good again. Decent crowd there too.

For Sligs, Sadlier is a class act. He was murdering Barker all night. His acceleration and change of direction is fantastic to watch

Agree with all that. I would add that Feely's long ball distribution was very good, but he needs to cut out those mistakes. Very costly.

I thought it was a really good game to watch. Both sides played nice football.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:04am

What the fook happened last night? That's a terrible result 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 8:28pm

Saints announce link up with Cherry Orchard

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=7553
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 8:31pm

Saints announce link up with Cherry Orchard

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=7553
A link with the seagull would have made more sense......
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:05pm
Bucko and a few players up in Elmdale last night. Very clever from Pats,linking with Belvo,CO and Crumlin.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:13am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Bucko and a few players up in Elmdale last night. Very clever from Pats,linking with Belvo,CO and Crumlin.
the way it should be, local clubs should be feeding into the loi set up. Good to see at last
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:38am
Handy enough win for Dundalk. Very little difference between the teams until their first goal and then they dominated for about 30 mins. The opening goal was a cracking free kick.

Saints had a few bright moments in terms of possession, mainly between Markey and Lunney, but Dundalk looked more incisive when they broke
El Puto Amo
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:02am

Handy enough win for Dundalk. Very little difference between the teams until their first goal and then they dominated for about 30 mins. The opening goal was a cracking free kick.

Saints had a few bright moments in terms of possession, mainly between Markey and Lunney, but Dundalk looked more incisive when they broke
need to sack the manager now. He's had enough time to turn it around, rotten 7 days on the pitch, after it looked like we had gotten our act together.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 10:31am

I don't know about that Saint Tom. Who is out there who could come in and improve things quickly? I presume Ger O'Brien is being groomed for the job but it's a bit early for him.

I wasn't too annoyed last night as its not the games against the likes of Dundalk that we need to be winning. It's the games against f**kin Harps, Sligo, Galway that we've dropped points in and that's killing us.

We badly need a result against Rovers on Friday. It's a tight at the bottom. 3 points can do so much good
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:20am
Surely Buckley has bought himself a bit of time over the past few years? The result in Donegal was a particularly poor one but surely it is too early to panic?
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:31pm
The thing is if pats do get relegated, I think they could struggle to come out of that division a la shelbourne.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:47pm
we are fcuked. we dont have a heart for a battle and we wont play our way out of trouble. darragh markey looks a smashing playing thou.
cup champions
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Surely Buckley has bought himself a bit of time over the past few years? The result in Donegal was a particularly poor one but surely it is too early to panic?

Sure wasn't he sacked before! I think with the quality of players at his disposal they should be doing much better, especially with the decent underage structure they have.
Personally think he should've went in the off season
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

we are fcuked. we dont have a heart for a battle and we wont play our way out of trouble. darragh markey looks a smashing playing thou.

This is an issue alright. If we go behind, you can see the belief and confidence being sucked out of the side straight away
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Sure wasn't he sacked before! I think with the quality of players at his disposal they should be doing much better, especially with the decent underage structure they have.
Ah I know and there is no question that they should be doing better, I'm just saying it isn't a disaster. Yet!. 
There was a strong argument he should have gone in the off season, but if he goes now who is the saviour? I am not sure there is anybody out there who would have a better chance of keeping them up.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:18pm

Ah I know and there is no question that they should be doing better, I'm just saying it isn't a disaster. Yet!. 
There was a strong argument he should have gone in the off season, but if he goes now who is the saviour? I am not sure there is anybody out there who would have a better chance of keeping them up.

They've a better side than us on paper almost all over the pitch and that's even before they took our top scorer from last season, and they're five behind us. One of our best players this season couldn't get a look in with them before. And our gaffer doesn't even get it right all the time or close to it. They should be doing far better. There must be a manager out there who can keep them up.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

They've a better side than us on paper almost all over the pitch and that's even before they took our top scorer from last season, and they're five behind us. One of our best players this season couldn't get a look in with them before. And our gaffer doesn't even get it right all the time or close to it. They should be doing far better. There must be a manager out there who can keep them up.
I am not denying they haven't been poor, or shouldn't be doing better, but the bit in bold sums it up. As bad as they have been they are just a couple of results  from getting out of it. I don't think they should be panicking just yet, the next game at Shamrock is massive for them though. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:48pm

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I am not denying they haven't been poor, or shouldn't be doing better, but the bit in bold sums it up. As bad as they have been they are just a couple of results  from getting out of it. I don't think they should be panicking just yet, the next game at Shamrock is massive for them though. 

Who replaces him I don't know, I just get the impression he's brought this group of players as far as he can, probably for both parties it would be been the right decision to step down before this season. Much like Shay Given staying on too long, his legacy will be tainted.
Especially if they're relegated!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 88>
  Share Topic