Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 88>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 9:38pm
Those 2 or 3 chances just before the peno came back to haunt Pats. Cpuld have got thru that round. Pity.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 9:39pm
Hard luck Pats played well but their decision making and sloppiness cost them rather than CSKA turning up and performing.They were there for the taking.

Edited by Bandwagon - 11 Aug 2022 at 9:39pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 9:39pm
Very poor stuff from Pats - CSKA would be nowhere near as good as the Ludgorets side who knocked Rovers out a few weeks ago.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 9:50pm
If that was Rovers fans throwing bottles and coins at the end, it would be om the front page of ever paper and the lead story on every talk show tomorrow 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 10:00pm
Lost opportunity for Pat's....long season for them now (and Sligo), out of the cup and scapping for 4th in the league.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 10:00pm
Very disappointing goals to concede but certainly couldn't fault the players for their effort. 

I thought Clancy deserves a lot of credit and set them up brilliantly in the European games against superior opposition on paper. đź‘ŹNot much he can do about poor decision making in play and chances missed. 

Its going to be very hard to qualify for Europe next year. Finish 4th and hope one of the top 3 win the cup is the best Pats can hope for as I don't see them finishing any higher than that in the league. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 10:12pm
The early was as big as anything in the context of the game. They were so petchilent and I'll disciplined I think they'd have lost the plot if they had to chase the game.

I think Rovers would have pumped them, they are a very poor team on that display. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 7:27am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Very disappointing goals to concede but certainly couldn't fault the players for their effort. 

I thought Clancy deserves a lot of credit and set them up brilliantly in the European games against superior opposition on paper. đź‘ŹNot much he can do about poor decision making in play and chances missed. 

Its going to be very hard to qualify for Europe next year. Finish 4th and hope one of the top 3 win the cup is the best Pats can hope for as I don't see them finishing any higher than that in the league. 

Felt sorry for Clancy, he did what he had to. 

How Pats didn't score in that game I dunno, some bad missed chances, were the better team. 

Bizarre refereeing performance 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:04am
Missed chances and should have won the game , hey bad night for them . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:30am
It was a strange referring performance. I thought he had a good  1st helf where he let a lot of stuff ho on both sides but in the 2nd half he seemed to pull up silly little fouls that weren't fouls atal some of them. Looking back on the peno it looked like the attacker controlled it with his arm before it hit the Pats defender. 
I love beer gardens
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:36am
That ball wont be the only thing that smacks his arm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That ball wont be the only thing that smacks his arm

LOL
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 2:01pm
Pats had chances. Forrester was class. Need to get Richmond Park undated 6,500 at game having to pay rent for Tallaght. Still club going in right direction lots of young players coming through. 
alive and kicking
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

If that was Rovers fans throwing bottles and coins at the end, it would be om the front page of ever paper and the lead story on every talk show tomorrow 

LOL Front pages & lead stories on the radio. Sure it would 
It would damage this forums' reputation
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 7:08pm
Most important league win of the season and great to see them hold out after going down to ten men.  Sligo are always a tough nut  for Pats. 

Brockback is a weak link in that team and cost them a couple of goals in the European games. I don't rate him tbh.

Forrester was excellent today and  the new goalie Rogers was solid enough. 

Another win at UCD on Friday with Sligo dropping points away to Harps would do nicely and extend their lead in 4th place. 

Edited by irishmufc - 14 Aug 2022 at 7:10pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Most important league win of the season and great to see them hold out after going down to ten men.  Sligo are always a tough nut  for Pats. 

Brockback is a weak link in that team and cost them a couple of goals in the European games. I don't rate him tbh.

Forrester was excellent today and  the new goalie Rogers was solid enough. 

Another win at UCD on Friday with Sligo dropping points away to Harps would do nicely and extend their lead in 4th place. 
was a decent performance after Europe

I agree that the new goalie looked great. Very solid and has a good CV with 200 League appearances in UK.

Catching Derry has to be the objective 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:20pm

Great night for Pats. All the teams around them have dropped points. Think we hit every post and crossbar twice in Belfield tonight. Some really slack finishing and we might have been punished despite coasting for most of the game. 

Anyway, 7 points ahead of Sligo and ground made up on Derry so it’s happy days 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 9:09am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Great night for Pats. All the teams around them have dropped points. Think we hit every post and crossbar twice in Belfield tonight. Some really slack finishing and we might have been punished despite coasting for most of the game. 

Anyway, 7 points ahead of Sligo and ground made up on Derry so it’s happy days 

Yah with Pats playing UCD who are atrocious, it was the one night where you could expect at least one or two of the teams in and around Pats to drop points against the stronger sides. 

Its one thing to close the gap on Derry but to have the added bonus of both Bohs and Sligo dropping points gives Pats a decent cushion in 4th spot. I still think Pats will drop too many points on the run in and fall short of third spot but at least it's in play. 

Before Pats next game away to Bohs, Derry are away to Shels three days after a cup match with Cork so they might even drop more points there. It would be a great incentive going into that Bohs match to try and reduce it down to a couple of points if possible. 

Beating Derry at home is a must. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 88>
  Share Topic