You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 88>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:17pm

Edited by SuperDave84 - 06 Apr 2019 at 4:18pm
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

I think it was short of 1,900. 
The weather didn't help, neither have recent performances, in fairness.

Mingin weather, Pats recent form and Liverpool on the box affected the numbers. Glad I braved the rain anyway, it was a rare bit of joy this season
El Puto Amo
Euro88pats View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:39pm
Start of the season crowds have been excellent but terrible weather along with terrible performances and no goals, it's hardly a surprise the attendance was down a bit. Badly needed win, it was very like the cork game where we out battled them, still very shy in front of goal hopefully we can build on this now
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:26pm
Is drennan back this week?
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:16pm
Dreadful again tonight. Pathetic 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 6:21am
Do you see Kenny lasting much longer?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Do you see Kenny lasting much longer?

If it was my choice then no. I've no idea what the club will do but next 3 games are all winnable be interesting to see what happens if we don't and I don't expect us to win the 3 judging by what I've seen so far 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:27am
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/st-pats-unhappy-with-dublin-city-councils-decision-to-ignore-proposals-to-build-12000seater-richmond-arena-38020235.html

Why has it taken St Pats this long to come out with this statement? 

I think they came out with a statement after the initial rejection. This statement is just to remind residents to put pressure on councillor candidates in the upcoming election. Kind of a last throw of the dice for Pats. Doubt it’ll work for them unfortunately. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:15pm
That turned out to be a decent point for Pats in the end. It was a fairly entertaining game. I was impressed with Bohs, Long has them in good physical shape and they play decent ball. I thought they shaded the game. Hopefully Clifford isn’t out for too long.
El Puto Amo
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:40pm
Plenty of possession but really struggling to score goals, none of the midfielders have any pace or want to get in the box ahead of the ball. Also of the 8000 long throws McCabe has taken, have we done anything with them?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 4:20pm
Bohs were definitely the better side last night but it didn't help that Clifford went off. McCabe isn't in the same class.
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Euro88pats Euro88pats wrote:

Plenty of possession but really struggling to score goals, none of the midfielders have any pace or want to get in the box ahead of the ball. Also of the 8000 long throws McCabe has taken, have we done anything with them?

nothing. and his set pieces are sh*te. i dont think that him and forrester can play in the same team together.

thought it was a very good game. bohs just shaded it. clarkie a mile off his line to save the peno!
cup champions
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 5:07pm
Ah perceptions!! Most bohs fans around me were saying McCabe  looked pats best player, I also thought Shaw was good, the cross he dug out for the goal was marvelous, would love him at bohs.
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Ah perceptions!! Most bohs fans around me were saying McCabe  looked pats best player, I also thought Shaw was good, the cross he dug out for the goal was marvelous, would love him at bohs.

shaw has done well at holding up the ball. Thought he did brilliantly for our goal...both both goals were very good. i wouldnt be relying on shaw to be scoring loads of goals!
cup champions
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 7:09pm
McCabe was decent when he came on but he's been poor most of the season. Gets loads of the ball but has no goals and very few if any assists, he just slows down play, Forrester has been even worse, major disappointments the pair of them. Shaw is great at hold up play but we're not getting enough crosses in for him to score, the midfield just isn't working. Thought Bohs we're excellent around the box just missing goals, like ourselves very few goals in the team
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:38pm
Think it’s more a confidence thing with us, lot of young lads, but we’ll murder someone if we do take half the ones we make.
I’d suggest Harry the hoop and his tic tacs as your problem, no player seems to have a plan atall.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:33pm
 I'd say Derry must be wondering how they didn't get anything out of that game. We started well and we're excellent for the first 25 minutes then petered out towards the end of the half, second half was attrocious couldn't string two passes together and we're obsessed with booting the ball in the air. Kenny is way too slow to make changes and when he does it's just like for like, you could see alot of the players not happy with his changes aswell . Still can't complain too much,a win is a win.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 88>
  Share Topic