You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 88>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 3:56pm
Robbie Keane back home living in Dublin and looking for a player management role to start him off. Any chance Pats could be a runner?  
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Robbie Keane back home living in Dublin and looking for a player management role to start him off. Any chance Pats could be a runner?  

I hope not. 
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 4:17pm
Why not?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Why not?

I'd prefer him to do his learning on the job at another club
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 4:29pm
Judging by the hack of him in the Liam Miller match, when he was the only one trying and still struggling, I'm not sure he has the legs anymore, even for LOI.
He never struck me as the type of player suited to management either.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 6:09pm
Pats fans happy with Harry Kenny as manager? 
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 8:51pm
Dunno really. Neither delighted nor disappointed. Was sort of hoping for a curve ball of someone from outside the league, but hopefully Harry will continue with the style of football and turn it back into a successful one.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:35pm

Reasonably happy. He is better than a lot of the names mentioned. He knows the club, the league and has a decent playing style. I’m cautiously optimistic 
El Puto Amo
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:47pm
Think he'll do well, your squad is arguably better than the one he had with us I'd say, we were on course for Europe under him before the North Korea crap happened off the field  
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:48pm

It will certainly be interesting to see who he signs and let’s go
El Puto Amo
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 11:27pm
seems a bit safe. Same old faces.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:35pm

It turned out to be a nice send off for Conan tonight. He had a great game and shows that he still has plenty to offer whatever club picks him up for next season. Pats played some champagne stuff but fook me Derry were bad. They totally threw in the towell when Pats went one up. Watch out for clips of the goal by the way, it was a cracker by Clifford. 

Anyway Saints are the form team coming into the new season Clap 
El Puto Amo
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 12:06am
Love to get Conan to bohs but I hear shels are offering money againLOL  if he prefers the zombies and cash in hand then fair enough, could be playing  ball instead mind.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:25am

Dave Webster in at Pats for next season. There's the makings of a good squad there now. 
El Puto Amo
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Dave Webster in at Pats for next season. There's the makings of a good squad there now. 

handy enough player but is very prone to mistakes. costs us in 3 or 4 games last season. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

handy enough player but is very prone to mistakes. costs us in 3 or 4 games last season. 

He should hit the ground running at Pats so, our current centre halves like making mistakes too
El Puto Amo
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 8:41pm
Aye, what Scientist said- usually solid enough, pretty old school type CB who wins headers & tackles, he's not the type whose under any illusion that he's actually a ball playing centre midfielder, so he keeps things simple & gets the clearances in. The concentration can go at times and that's when you will get a mistake or 2 out of him. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 9:26am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Aye, what Scientist said- usually solid enough, pretty old school type CB who wins headers & tackles, he's not the type whose under any illusion that he's actually a ball playing centre midfielder, so he keeps things simple & gets the clearances in. The concentration can go at times and that's when you will get a mistake or 2 out of him. 

Cheers! We've run into trouble in the past asking Centre halves and Defensive midfielders to play ball when they aren't capable. Pat Cregg is an example. Maybe Harry is going to try a different style. Although I'd imagine Webster is probably back up for Toner and Desmond
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 88>
  Share Topic