Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 88>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

My understanding is that a similar deal with cherry orchard is on the cards. It protects the schoolboy clubs development fees while giving us a conveyor belt of talent to bring through the 15/17/19 and tie down the cream to contracts. Ideal model if you ask me.
You make it sound like the Junkies invented this.

This is the new FAI Development Pathway introduced by the good Doktor.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Such a shame that Pats have given up on youth production then, isn't it.

I'm assuming that the existing Crumlin set up will benefit from input from the Pats coaching staff? 

Edited by MC Hammered - 03 Mar 2016 at 3:07pm
El Puto Amo
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 3:02pm
Will head along for the opener tomorrow. 3 points and a few goals please, 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 3:24pm
Been a long wait after a poor finish last time. Optimistic heading into the new season I must say
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

My understanding is that a similar deal with cherry orchard is on the cards. It protects the schoolboy clubs development fees while giving us a conveyor belt of talent to bring through the 15/17/19 and tie down the cream to contracts. Ideal model if you ask me.
You make it sound like the Junkies invented this.

This is the new FAI Development Pathway introduced by the good Doktor.

No need to reinvent the wheel Gary, we aren't looking to go on Dragons Den
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 3:35pm

Been a long wait after a poor finish last time. Optimistic heading into the new season I must say

I'm very interested to see how the centre midfield works out. We've had some big losses in that area over the last year. What do you reckon will be the starting 3 in the centre will be assuming Bucko plays the same system as usual? 
El Puto Amo
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 3:45pm
Does anyone have any insight to how transfer money works for pats and crumlin for players that sign for english clubs at 14/15? Will pats see any of this money or does it all go to crumlin as the players technically wont be playing for pats until 16/17 for the next few years anyway? Also if a player joins pats and plays 17 and 19 and then leaves will they only get a 2 year development fee with the rest going to crumlin?
This is the only issue I can see with the partnership.
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 1:32pm
Big losses in the middle of the park alright, think we could be out muscled here in games at times (Bray away already shown this)
Changes were needed though to freshen things up and Killian/Chambers were on the other side of 30. 
Bolger is a massive loss, I think desmond might end up in that role at some stage throughout the season. 
There's definitely more goals in us with Corcoran and Timlin joining and Fagan back from injury. 

C'MON THE F**KING SAINTS!!!

"Just put it up there..."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Does anyone have any insight to how transfer money works for pats and crumlin for players that sign for english clubs at 14/15? Will pats see any of this money or does it all go to crumlin as the players technically wont be playing for pats until 16/17 for the next few years anyway? Also if a player joins pats and plays 17 and 19 and then leaves will they only get a 2 year development fee with the rest going to crumlin?

Development fee goes to Crumlin and then because said player is under the age of 23, St Pats would be entitled to compensation via a tribunal. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Development fee goes to Crumlin and then because said player is under the age of 23, St Pats would be entitled to compensation via a tribunal. 

My understanding is there are set fees to be paid by St.Pats. Increasing the longer crumlin have been training the player. Crumlin maintain a sell on clause if the player is sold on by Pats.
The exact figures were released about a year back by the FAI. They are pretty paltry so it's in both Junior and LOI clubs interests to work together and produce top quality players that command big transfer fees.
There won't be tribunals every time a LOI club takes a player off a junior club or sells them on. The whole U17&19 league structure would fall apart.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 6:52pm
Odds of 3/4 away to Bray tonight, I'm all over that! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Odds of 3/4 away to Bray tonight, I'm all over that! 

ah well such is life.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 12:23pm
Well f**k it anyway
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 5:57pm
What's the craic with the 'singing section', for want of a better phrase at the games, they seem to be a lot quieter than last season. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 6:39pm
The cowbell seems to have been binned
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 1:18pm
Down in limerick for the EA final last night. Great atmosphere and pats fans in majority were fine, but I also witnessed some unsavoury scenes inside and outside the ground from a small number of their fans. Bit of banter is fine but it was like something from the football factory in a couple of incidents. One of them being as i left the pub with family (young lads included) a group approached us very aggressively threatening us and calling us sheep shaggers, boggers etc. Which was funny in a way as we were all dubs. In the end they were more just mouth pieces as they didnt come too close but the kids and women were a bit shocked.

Edited by t_rAndy - 18 Sep 2016 at 1:18pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 1:59pm
I'd be fairly worried about the direction Pats are going in at the moment. Last season was poor overall and there havent been many big additions to the squad. It's great that Fagan signed back and hopefully Cregg will add a bit of steel to the midfield. I don't know much about Alex O'Hanlon except he was at Liverpool.

Generally though, there seems to be a bit of a malaise about the club. There is a lack of updates or excitement even on social media. 

The record of bringing young players through has been very useful over the past few seasons so hopefully that continues this year. I think that's the only hope for a strong season.

El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:13pm

Looks like I'm chatting to myself in here but I'm comfortable with that Smile

Good result for Saints last night against Bray. I wasn't at it so I don't know what sort of team Bray had out but a 4 nil loss at home isn't great. Nice to see Fagan off the mark with a couple of goals and also one for O'Hanlon. Need to keep Fagan fit. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 88>
  Share Topic