Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 88>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 11:56pm
How has Lee Desmond been doing for you lot?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sponsored Links

saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

O'Malley
O'Brien (if fit) hoare Desmond bermo
Cawley treacy dennehy
McGrath Corcoran
Fagan

Plenty of high quality options in all positions. Timlin, Conan Byrne. Barker, other dennehy

Would expect Timlin to start ahead of Corcoran
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

How has Lee Desmond been doing for you lot?

I love him, his problem is he can play anywhere so gets moved about a lot! Been excellent IMO
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 10:08am

Pats have officially announced a link up with Crumlin United

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/15901/saints-link-up-crumlin-united/
El Puto Amo
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 1:00pm
http://stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=7050#.VtbjNWinwwg

Good news all round, the club Is doing great work at underage level and will ensure we continue to compete
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 1:23pm

http://stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=7050#.VtbjNWinwwg

Good news all round, the club Is doing great work at underage level and will ensure we continue to compete
LOLLOLLOL

By folding all your schoolboy teams ?

Great work alright !!!

LOLLOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 2:33pm
We have been as competitive as any at 17 and 19s and blooded several youngsters into the first team. We have had plenty of international call ups also.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 2:51pm
So why did you fold it all up?

What do Crumlin get from all this? Pats get to outsource youth development and still tick the box that they have a youth team and save money. I get that - its short termism in the extreme, but there is a logic. But I don't see any upside for Crumlin.

Edited by roverstillidie - 02 Mar 2016 at 2:52pm
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 3:03pm
Over the last two weeks st joeys also announced a partnership with bray. 

The benefit for clubs like crumlin and joeys is they are getting involved with loi clubs before the schoolboy clubs lose their power. They are thinking ahead like cabinteely as a long term investment with the way underage soccer in the country is going. With LOI teams meant to have u15 league within the next 3/4 years and possibly an u13 league in the long run, the power of recruiting the best young players will shift from schoolboy clubs to loi clubs. Therefore crumlin are acting quickly to make sure they will be involved when these younger loi leagues are set up to still allow them to get the best players and sell them over to england. 
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 3:47pm
But who will be playing in the U15/17 league? Crumlin players in Pats shirts or Crumlin players in Crumlin shirts?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 3:52pm

We have been as competitive as any at 17 and 19s and blooded several youngsters into the first team. We have had plenty of international call ups also.
You have NO teams (zero, none, nothing) from u8s up to u16s.

You folded them all.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

The benefit for clubs like crumlin and joeys is they are getting involved with loi clubs before the schoolboy clubs lose their power. They are thinking ahead like cabinteely as a long term investment with the way underage soccer in the country is going. With LOI teams meant to have u15 league within the next 3/4 years and possibly an u13 league in the long run, the power of recruiting the best young players will shift from schoolboy clubs to loi clubs. Therefore crumlin are acting quickly to make sure they will be involved when these younger loi leagues are set up to still allow them to get the best players and sell them over to england. 
Agree.

This was always going to happen and has been encouraged from the outset.
Joeys have always had tenuous links with Bray anyway.

We contacted Junkie FC last summer and they said that we were the first club to contact them.
They said they would get back to us but I suppose like all Junkies they let you down.
Yes Crumlin are a more succesful club than us but a simple no thanks would have been nice.

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

But who will be playing in the U15/17 league? Crumlin players in Pats shirts or Crumlin players in Crumlin shirts?

Would be 99% certain it will be crumlin players in pats shirts and to save any controversy they will call themselves Crumlin/St Pats similar to what bray are at this year. 
As long as there are no disagreements when it comes to youth players being sold to england as who gets how much of the money it has the potential to be very successful 
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 10:50am
My understanding is that a similar deal with cherry orchard is on the cards. It protects the schoolboy clubs development fees while giving us a conveyor belt of talent to bring through the 15/17/19 and tie down the cream to contracts. Ideal model if you ask me.

Note dissimilar to rovers and tallaght town about 15 years back.

They will be pats teams for loi 15/17 and 19s, we just will let the existing structures (successful I'll add) do it before that.

Edited by Saint Tom - 03 Mar 2016 at 10:51am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 11:05am
If Cherry Orchard come on board too, that would be a tidy bit of business.
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 2:12pm

Note dissimilar to rovers and tallaght town about 15 years back.
Not even almost the same. Rovers and TT merged, TT teams became Rovers teams from U6 to LSL and they folded into the Rovers setup.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 2:21pm
The Irish u-17's had three Pats lads in the starting XI against the Swiss yesterday
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 2:37pm
Such a shame that Pats have given up on youth production then, isn't it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 88>
  Share Topic