FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier Relegation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by 1980 1980 wrote:

Seen Drogs twice over the weekend, keeper has made mistakes in both games, nothing up front and rely on Sean Thornton sticking a few crosses and free kicks in.

Has he not been fantastic all year? I've only heard good things.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 1:55pm
Seen Drogs twice over the weekend, keeper has made mistakes in both games, nothing up front and rely on Sean Thornton sticking a few crosses and free kicks in.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 8:55am
Think Limerick will just about run out of games. It's then between Galway and Drogheda as Sligo and Derry will pull ahead I imagine. As said above Galway should be marginal favourites if they can get their strongest team back on the pitch. That's a big variable though.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:06am
By the sounds of it if harps get to the playoff final I'd fancy our chances best against drogs
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 11:36pm
That was a massive blow for Limerick tonight, dropping 2 pts to Longford. I`ve just read the match report and they were well in control but didn`t put away their chances at a critical stage of the game. It sounded like an exciting 3-3 draw with plenty of goals for the decent gate, but draws are the last thing Martin Russell needs right now in the final round of 11 games.  
In seasons gone by it was always the usual suspects like Bray and UCD scrapping for survival. It makes for a refreshing change to see Bray in the top half of the table and UCD poised for a premier return. So who`ll be the bottom 2 sides come the end of the season? Right now there`s only 3 pts separating five sides. If Limerick go on another mini-run then that would include six clubs battling for survival.
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:23pm
It's between Limerick, Drogheda and Galway for the bottom 2 spots I think. I see no way Drogheda can finish higher than 10th if that was near their strongest team tonight. I'd be confident of finishing 10th or higher if players return quickly, especially Curran and Connolly.

Sligo seem to have got their sh*t together with their management. Plenty of quality in their squad as well with Russell returing, Elding joining and Peers at the back. They'll be fine.

Drogheda host Limerick next week. Should give a better idea of who is completely f**ked.
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:22pm
Big win for us tonight. Especially seeing as Shams and Dundalk are our next 2 league games so it would be hard to see us picking up any points there. Getting very interesting.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:15pm
Three points between seventh and eleventh

Any chance we had of being dragged into it are gone
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:09pm
Huge point tonight, luckily Drogheda are f**king poison going forward. We need Curran, Connolly, Horgan, Ludden, Molloy, Cantwell and O'Connell back as soon as possible. The squad that was available tonight certainly isn't good enough to stay in the division. Drogheda should get a bollocking for not winning tonight, woeful stuff from them.

Melody definitely looked the best of the 19's although it was a stupid free kick to give away for the goal. He wasn't great off the ball, pretty good on it, the usual for an 18 year old.. O'Laoi and McConnell struggled which is understandable, they've played f**k all football this year.

With the league wrapped up for Dundalk, if they send their first 11 down to Galway on Friday they could score 7 or 8.

Jake Keegan is brilliant. Great attitude and improving as a player every week.

Edited by tribalarmy - 17 Aug 2015 at 10:10pm
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I do think the 11th placed side will win the playoff particularly if UCD win the first division.

I think the complete opposite.who ever gets the play off final will have had to fight for it. In fairness UCD got through a round in europe and there a few premier division sides who wouldnt have been fit to do the same.

Edited by Bitored - 17 Aug 2015 at 5:12pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
domo32GUST View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo32GUST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 2:30pm
Massive game for us tonight, we are depleted with injuries and suspensions. 7 u19's drafted in to the squad to make up numbers
www.maroonarmy.boards.net 'One City, One County, One Club'
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 9:17am

We (Limerick) are still 7 points behind Galway and Drogheda.  I think they are probably a more realistic target than Sligo Rovers.  However 11th is still a tall order.  Still nice to be in the battle.  Just over 2 weeks ago we were looking at being the first team in 55 years not to win a game in the top flight. 

I do think the 11th placed side will win the playoff particularly if UCD win the first division.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 1:58am
The title is over already. Cork made a bit of a contest up until the Limerick game.
About 75 points has won the title for the last few years.
To get to that mark Dundalk only need 17 from the remaining 30 points.

Shams will be left relying on one of the teams who qualified through the league winning the FAI cup, same as last year.
I think with Bohs the only mid-table side with absolutely nothing left in the league to play for they can concentrate completely on the cup. So Shams may well have a nervous time coming up.

The relegation fight is very interesting. We have a massive game against Derry tonight. Win that and I think we`ll rise up the table. Galway and Drogs are in real danger now. Particularly Galway with their injury list and the distraction of the league cup.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 11:59pm
If Dundalk beat Pats tomorrow night and the Hoops beat Cork, then the title looks more or less done and dusted. The only remaining battle will be a Top 3 or European finish.

The excitement will be focused on the relegation scrap in the bottom half of the table. I think there`s only something like 5 pts seperating five teams, with Limerick a further 4pts behind. Limerick have momentum right now and Martin Russell is well used to relegation scraps from his days with UCD, but if they lose anytime soon it could set that momentum back and they`re running out of games. 
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

As a Cork fan, I'd like Sligo to get relegated because it's a long away trip.

you do know Derry is further

I do but Derry is a good away trip and isn't a town full of hillbilliesThumbs Up

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

I do but Derry is a good away trip and isn't a town full of hillbilliesThumbs Up
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 5:36pm
Would hate to see Sligo go down. Hope it's the sixtoes
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 5:34pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic