Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier Relegation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premier Relegation
    Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 12:23am
The battle to avoid the drop is certainly hotting up after tonight`s results. Limerick are now on a roll, though whether they`ve left it too late remains to be seen. They`re certainly going to cause mayhem to the top half of the league if they keep up this momentum. Just ask Cork LOL 

Sligo had a very convincing win tonight and Micky Adams could prove to be a very shrewd appointment. He`s been around the block in the English leagues and is highly experienced. So if Limerick and Sligo start hoovering up points between now and the end of the season, that means 4 other teams will get sucked into the mix. 

I think Bray are safe, with the very underrated Mick Cooke in charge. But Derry, Galway, Longford and the Drogs will be living very close to the edge for the next couple of months. Personally I think it`s a very exciting relegation battle, where any two from the bottom half could go down. Anyone want to dare forecast the 11th and 12th team come the end of the season?   
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 12:27am
Galway drogs is massive, would love to see the latter go down

Not too worried that we at bray will get dragged into it
KevinM View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 1:34am
Bray played well tonight, they continue at that standard they are in no trouble
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 9:14am
Game on alright, 9 games to go for Limerick to keep this run going. Does have a touch of the Athlones about them, think Drogheda are there best hope of catching who are in a bad shape now
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 10:20am
Originally posted by KevinM KevinM wrote:

Bray played well tonight, they continue at that standard they are in no trouble
agreed, very impressed. Well drilled and arguably worth a draw
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 10:30am
Galway have a huge injury list and two more added to it last night with Walsh and ludden out.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 12:47pm
Longford fans will be aware that they never play well after the mid season break. We spent a extra season in the 1st Division because of that problem. I hope it does not come back to haunt us now. Looking at us last night it's hard to see us getting enough goal's. Just hope we can out of this mess. However it does make for a very interesting run in.
alive and kicking
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 1:21pm
Great finally having John Russell back last night. Great little player. Huge game against Derry on Monday night.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 1:55pm
The full extent of United's injuries.

http://galwayunitedfc.ie/injury-update-post-bohemians/

Enda Curran probably has a 3 match ban as well.

It'll be a miracle if Galway beat Drogs on Monday.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 3:04pm
Colm Horgan suspended as well.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Why is that? Wouldn't have thought anyone in bray really cared that much about us.

We were awful last night. Poor crowd again. Wouldn't be surprised to see us going down. McDonnell makes some baffling team selections and awful tactics at times. We can't keep chopping and changing managers though.

When darius finally gets his badges well hopefully have a long term manager appointed. I just worry it will be too late. It was grand in 80s and 90s when we went down as we were always guaranteed to come back up. Different these days. When we eventually go down, it'll be years, if at all, before we go back up imo.

Still only 2 clubs constantly in premier more than us though. Long may it continue!!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 4:02pm
I think we are fecked ( Galway ) just can't see how we can get out of this downward spiral .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 4:08pm
There`s no doubt limerick have momentum.
Its similar to Athlone last year but there`s one big difference Limerick are winning games while Athlone could only manage to eek out draws. The inability to turn draws into wins cost them in the end.

The game against Derry is huge now for us. It has to be a win if we are to take the fight by the nuts.
Drogheda are in big trouble and it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up bottom.
I think if ourselves and Limerick can put a few results together I cants see Drogheda matching them.

11th - Limerick
12th - Drogheda
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 4:10pm
As a Cork fan, I'd like Sligo to get relegated because it's a long away trip.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Why is that? Wouldn't have thought anyone in bray really cared that much about us.

We were awful last night. Poor crowd again. Wouldn't be surprised to see us going down. McDonnell makes some baffling team selections and awful tactics at times. We can't keep chopping and changing managers though.

When darius finally gets his badges well hopefully have a long term manager appointed. I just worry it will be too late. It was grand in 80s and 90s when we went down as we were always guaranteed to come back up. Different these days. When we eventually go down, it'll be years, if at all, before we go back up imo.

Still only 2 clubs constantly in premier more than us though. Long may it continue!!

Ah love is a bit much

Thornton punching one of our players and general cheating and trying to injure lads this year as well as brennan's nonsense last year put me off, love going there though so would miss it
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Surely if distance is the criteria, you would like to see the whole league bar Limerick and maybe Galway relegated
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

you do know Derry is further
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 5:36pm
Would hate to see Sligo go down. Hope it's the sixtoes
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic