You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gaming Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Finally won a game of Fall Guys today Cool

Clap

Really hope they update the game adding new courses. Noticed people are aggressive as f**k now the game has been figured out and starting to push each other off the course LOLAngry

Not sure they'll add levels as it's called Fall Guys Season 1, I'd expect new levels in a 2nd game tbh.

Yep some people are f**kers for grabbing you, it's worse than a traveller wedding!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 8:29pm
Fall Guys season 2 coming out in October Clap

Medieval times inspired new courses. Races with drawbridges and a Castle team game where you build blocks first team to escape.

Most all-time downloaded game on PS4 and top #5 on PC Shocked
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Finished Streets of Rage 4 yesterday. Enjoyable game, similar to how i remember the originals. Might re-play the first 3 again

Still play megadrive version of 1 and 2 on my retron 5 quite a bit. One of my favourite series ever. They are much more enjoyable in 2 player though.

Haven't played 4 yet. Just haven't had the time.

Never had Streets of Rage but did play it in friends. But did have Golden Axe which was pretty much the same thing.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 10:26pm
Never bought an Xbox before but £250 for a lite version of the next-gen console screams value for money.

The only drawbacks appear to be resolution cap at 1440p and no disc drive atm.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 10:48pm

Never bought an Xbox before but £250 for a lite version of the next-gen console screams value for money.

Fairly good value I must admit. Will probably go for the PS5 though, still awaiting details.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:03pm

Its a nice price but has smaller memory too so wonder as able to save as much to it which might be an issue when it also has no fisc drive so all games must be downloaded 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 10:55am
I see the new PS5 also has a Digital edition, handy option, but would really need decent internet for it to be beneficial. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:04am
I'm a fan of these lite options. 

I'd only buy a PS/Xbox for Fifa and UFC games, saves me forking out £450 + 49.99 for each game.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 3:54pm
Don't think the PS5 digital is Lite as such. It still has all the same specs as the main PS5 just no disk drive. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 1:55pm
New Fall Guys update out today with randomised obstacles on the race courses, freshens the game up alot
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:49pm
Sony just announced the ps5 will launch on 19th November here at price of €499 and the digital edition will be €399
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:52pm
What's so good about it to pay an extra £110 for if I just wanted to just play the Fifa/UFC games etc on
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Sony just announced the ps5 will launch on 19th November here at price of €499 and the digital edition will be €399

Not the worst price imo. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 12:20am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Just preordered one for the brother as his Christmas present he has loads of games for ps4 so went for the dearer option so he can still play them. Console and 2 controllers came to £510 as bought it from game.co.uk for collection in derry
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:24am
What's the digital version all about?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

What's the digital version all about?

It has no disc drive, games can only be downloaded from PS Store
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:31am
Personally I think the digital version is a rip off. £110 extra than the Xbox counterpart and the games on the PS store are typically priced at £59.99, it adds up quick.

People in the UK can get around having to own games by subscribing to Boomerang which is effectively an Online Blockbusters but with no disc tray it becomes a non-option also

Edited by coyne - 17 Sep 2020 at 9:32am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:41am

Personally I think the digital version is a rip off. £110 extra than the Xbox counterpart and the games on the PS store are typically priced at £59.99, it adds up quick.

People in the UK can get around having to own games by subscribing to Boomerang which is effectively an Online Blockbusters but with no disc tray it becomes a non-option also

The processor etc in ps5 digital edition is a lot better than its xbox counterpart. Really the ps5 digital console is the exact same thing as the ps5 just without the disk tray

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic