You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gaming Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:27am
Anyone watch the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay reveal yesterday? It's 48 minutes long, but this looks like it could be a brilliant game

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 4:13pm
Nintendo Switch requires Subscription from Wednesday with exception of free to play games such as Fortnite.

£3 a month, £7 for 3 months or £17 for a year. 
You get a sh*t load of classic Nintendo titles to download for free for signing up. Super Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3 and other SNES games is in the archive from Wednesday. 
Worth the £1.50 a month for a yearly sub imo. 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 4:17pm
Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting insane scores for the early reviews
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 1:17am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Pre ordered it. Getting bored of fortnite now  too so good timing.  60 hours of gameplay just to complete it. 

The original is prob still my favourite game 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 8:48am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Pre ordered it. Getting bored of fortnite now  too so good timing.  60 hours of gameplay just to complete it. 

Played it for a half hour earlier,looks fantastic. Probably be next week before I get to play it properly 

Its expected to break all records for opening day sales for any entertainment product.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:19am

Was reading about this game during the week - c. 1,600 people have been working on it for the last seven years! Crazy.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Was reading about this game during the week - c. 1,600 people have been working on it for the last seven years! Crazy.

Not a good working environment either going by some of the articles recently.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Played it for a half hour earlier,looks fantastic. Probably be next week before I get to play it properly 

Its expected to break all records for opening day sales for any entertainment product.

I played the first mission myself when it went live last night, had to stop myself for playing longer. A friend of mine is a couple of hours in and says it’s brilliant
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:35pm
Lads, a bit of advice if any of you can help..

Young lad has a PS4 and has the heart set on a wireless keyboard and mouse. I didnt even think you could use these with a console like this but sure you learn something new everyday. Anyway, any advice on brand and is it actually worthwhile? Had a quick look earlier in Hardly Normals when passing by and they were over €100 for a poxy keyboard.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:06pm
Can you not just use any normal wireless keyboard? They connect with via wireless USB so i don't think you need a specific type. Open to correction though.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:08pm
Havent a clue. Theres specific gaming keyboards. Ive no doubt theyre just branded as such and slapped with a price tag to suit though
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:26pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:55pm
Good stuff Bhob, ill get him to have a nosy tomorrow
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Havent a clue. Theres specific gaming keyboards. Ive no doubt theyre just branded as such and slapped with a price tag to suit though

He'll be looking for a mechanical one as the response time is better. I would assume wired is better than wireless but in fairness i didn't even realise that you would use them on the ps4.

Careful though it's a slippery slope from this to the being a PC gamer and spending €€€€s on a gaming set up. Cry
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

He'll be looking for a mechanical one as the response time is better. I would assume wired is better than wireless but in fairness i didn't even realise that you would use them on the ps4.

Careful though it's a slippery slope from this to the being a PC gamer and spending €€€€s on a gaming set up. Cry
Yeah I did a small bit of reading up and its all about 8 button response and no ghosting. Ordered one with his seal of approval on Amazon. Its more in the €€  as opposed to the €€€€ bracket but from reviews a decent starter option. If it gets to the €€€€ stage, hes on his own..
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 2:08pm

Lads, a bit of advice if any of you can help..

Young lad has a PS4 and has the heart set on a wireless keyboard and mouse. I didnt even think you could use these with a console like this but sure you learn something new everyday. Anyway, any advice on brand and is it actually worthwhile? Had a quick look earlier in Hardly Normals when passing by and they were over €100 for a poxy keyboard.

Just make him aware some games don't allow you to use s keyboard and mouse online and will ban you if caught. Rainbow 6 is an example. 

Anyone played rdr2? Haven't got the time myself but would be interested in buying. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 2:13pm
Cheers for the heads up
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:39pm
I know there's been a few celebs joining the streaming bandwagon as of late but this week we had Neymar couldn't be arsed to attend the Balon D'or so he decides to stream himself playing Call of Duty LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
  Share Topic