You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gaming Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 11:29am
I had a commodore amiga as a kid then onto a SNES, the PS1, PS2 and then onto an XBOX 360. 

Loads to great games over the years. Got totally addicted to Sensible world of soccer. one of the greatest footie games ever made. spent many hours playing it. 

Loved street fighter and mortal kombat series on the SNES as well. spent many wasteful hours practicing the finishing moves and losing the plot when i couldn't get them to work! LOL
put em under pressure!
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 11:49am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I'm currently playing the Gears of War games on Xbox 360, near the end of the 3rd one now, absolutely love them.

The Assassin's Creed games are superb as well, have yet to play the last 3 so looking forward to them!

A friend was telling me how he set up a game emulator on his computer, can play most of if not all games off pretty much every console that has ever existed, he has then hooked it up to his telly and bought a controller and hey presto he has hundreds of games at his disposal!

I haven't a clue how it works but if/when I figure it out I'll let y'all know!
Hey Podge,

I've got a few running on my (android) phone, JohnNES, JohnSNES and GENdroidPlus (for the megadrive)

You download these and then find the roms online.  The game files are actually tiny (in kB)

It's great playing streets of rage and Super Mario bros on the phone.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 18 Aug 2015 at 11:52am
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I'm currently playing the Gears of War games on Xbox 360, near the end of the 3rd one now, absolutely love them.

The Assassin's Creed games are superb as well, have yet to play the last 3 so looking forward to them!

A friend was telling me how he set up a game emulator on his computer, can play most of if not all games off pretty much every console that has ever existed, he has then hooked it up to his telly and bought a controller and hey presto he has hundreds of games at his disposal!

I haven't a clue how it works but if/when I figure it out I'll let y'all know!
Hey Podge,

I've got a few running on my (android) phone, JohnNES, JohnSNES and GENdroidPlus (for the megadrive)

You download these and then find the roms online.  The game files are actually tiny (in kB)

It's great playing streets of rage and Super Mario bros on the phone.

Oh really, nice one, I have an iphone though so prob won't find an emulator for that, stupid IOS!
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

absolutely buzzing for Fallout 4

Same here, just started up a new file in New Vegas. Gonna play it in hardcore mode while only using melee weapons and see how i get on. The level of customization in 4 looks immense. And if the improvements made to the battle engine are as good as what they claim it is going to be some game.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 12:12pm
Had a retro gaming night last night with mates dug out the old megadrive

Golden axe, streets of rage,revenge of shinobi,sonic,was great night
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 12:16pm
World Cup Italia 90

China were in it but no Ireland
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 3:15pm
The battlefields are superb games, Battlefield 4 not so much especially on PS3 they never came out with a decent patch. The 64 player battlefield 2 on the PC is still the best first person shooter ive ever played! 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 3:37pm
Metal Gear Solid V getting near perfect reviews so far
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

The battlefields are superb games, Battlefield 4 not so much especially on PS3 they never came out with a decent patch. The 64 player battlefield 2 on the PC is still the best first person shooter ive ever played! 

The hype around the Star Wars Battlefield they're doing is unreal.

Apparently the last one was amazing so the expectations with the modern day graphics has surpassed every normal Battlefield.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 7:20pm
Currently playing my PS 3 for the first time in a couple of years...playing GTA 4...enjoying it...looking forward to playing 5 after

dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:05am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

The hype around the Star Wars Battlefield they're doing is unreal.

Apparently the last one was amazing so the expectations with the modern day graphics has surpassed every normal Battlefield.

Trailer for it looks brilliant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjqqwZGNHPg
put em under pressure!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 11:21am
Metal Gear Solid getting fantastic reviews.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/24/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-review
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Metal Gear Solid getting fantastic reviews.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/24/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-review

Pre-ordering it today Clap

Started playing the MSG1 from 1998. Obviously the graphics and gaming mechanics are dated to a degree but its still a brilliant brilliant game. The attention to detail and the depth they went to in the storyline was crazy. A lot of the nuclear warfare industry stuff went way over my head when I was younger.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 2:37pm
any of use seen the videos for the Black Ops 3 Beta version online?

Looks a decent game, the wall running doesnt look too annoying and theres no mad jumping like what they had in AW. 

Rejacked looks to be a brutally over power perk, needs to be nerved down a bit.
put em under pressure!
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

Looks a decent game, the wall running doesnt look too annoying and theres no mad jumping like what they had in AW. 

Seen the videos, will be getting it I think. Hoping it is not a let down. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:07pm
FM is still king for me, can't play anything else tbh!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 12:48am
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

Still too futuristic for me. Would love for it to go back to the ww2 days. Remember playing the first MoH, that game was a classic which i can't say for any of these latest CoD games.
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 1:21pm
New call of duty 56euro in argos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic