You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gaming Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Gaming Thread
    Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 4:55pm
Didn't want to overrun the other thread with this stuff so feck it, here's a new one

What platform do you play on at the moment?

Over the years have owned a PS, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360 and now a PS4. No consistency at all!

Playing The Last of Us lately. What a game. It's outstanding. This is, without a doubt, the best game I have ever played. From gameplay, graphics, cutscenes, in-game dialogue. Their little mannerisms in the cutscenes and in play and the detail of the environment around you is A1. It must have taken years. If it was a movie, I'd love it. It's a cracker
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 5:03pm
Would it be too much to have a thread based on "all time favourite games"?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Didn't want to overrun the other thread with this stuff so feck it, here's a new one

Over the years have owned a PS, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360 and now a PS4. No consistency at all!

Playing The Last of Us lately. What a game. It's outstanding. This is, without a doubt, the best game I have ever played. From gameplay, graphics, cutscenes, in-game dialogue. Their little mannerisms in the cutscenes and in play and the detail of the environment around you is A1. It must have taken years. If it was a movie, I'd love it. It's a cracker

Mostly a PC gamer but I'll leave the more popular games like Battlefield, Fifa etc for my PS4 Thumbs Up
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 5:25pm
The last of us is a fantastic game. IMO only beaten by Mass Effect 2
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 9:17pm

Playing The Last of Us lately. What a game. It's outstanding. <span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">This is, without a doubt, the best game I have ever played. From gameplay, graphics, cutscenes, in-game dialogue. Their little mannerisms in the cutscenes and in play and the detail of the environment around you is A1. It must have taken years. If it was a movie, I'd love it. It's a cracker</span>

How could I forget? The music. Fantastic soundtrack
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 9:29pm
Still have my PS3 since 09, longest relationship I've ever had (new gf doesn't like that joke). Had PS1 and PS2 before that, started off with a Sega Mega Drive. Put this site up before but its a encyclopedia for old games on those consoles from 90's and 80's www.vizzed.com

Currently swapping between playing Battlefield 4 online and PES 2015 online, while also trying to do all of the Metal Gear Solid games in a chronological order (starting with MGS 3 based in 1964, going all the way up to MGS 4 set in 2014.) As I said in other thread I have Last Of US downloaded and I have no doubt it will live up to the hype I've seen elsewhere. Looking forward to playing it.

September will be a busy month with Metal Gear Solid 5, Pro Evo 2016, Battlefield: Hardline and Madden 16 all on my wishlist LOL which would be mad getting all of them if it weren't for the Ireland games on at the start of the month
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 12:44pm
absolutely buzzing for Fallout 4
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 1:10am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

absolutely buzzing for Fallout 4

It looks great,but if I buy it I'll be absolutely swamped for stuff to play,with Halo 5,and expansions for Destiny and The Witcher 3
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 1:31am
MegaDrive was the first one we had here too. Was great! All the FIFAs, Shinobi, Zombies, Paperboy, Sonic and of course, Streets of Rage

PS1, metal gear solid and games like Crash Bandicoot were crackers. But the one that I was obsessed with (still am) was Resident Evil. Well, Resident Evil 2 first, and then the first one after strangely! But have loved the franchise since. The movies are total cock though. Remastered version of 1 online for PS4 so might get that. Also, talk of a rename of 2, which would be the absolute bollocks!

Still, it's going to take something special to beat the last of us. I genuinely can't say enough good things. If you haven't played it, go do it now
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 3:08am
Resident Evil is a classic. That game scared the crap out of me LOL

Edited by Guest - 17 Aug 2015 at 3:11am
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 3:34am
Anyone know where I could pick up a copy of Walking dead season one pc game? I don't like steam as I prefer the hard copy but its impossible to get a copy of it at a low price.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 9:22am

MegaDrive was the first one we had here too. Was great! All the FIFAs, Shinobi, Zombies, Paperboy, Sonic and of course, Streets of Rage

Pit Fighter, Kid Chameleon, SOR 2, Dick Tracy, Desert Strike (too fcuking hard though and same applies to Jungle Strike.. Cheat codes needed), Micro Machines, Evander Holyfields real deal boxing, Taz, Road Rash, Skitchin', Bart vs the Space Mutants (hard as fcuk), Fifa 95, EA Hockey, Sensible Soccer (especially when you could edit player names "McG playing alongside Maldini and Baresi Cool), Jordan vs Bird, Outrun, Double Dragon to name a few. Legendary console!

PS1 -

Raw, Attitude, <<<<< Plug in the 4 way adaptor hours of fun. This is Football, Street Racer, GTA, Tekken, Metal Gear, Syphon Filter, Theme Hospital/Park, Ridge Racer, Vigilante 8 Clap, The Die Hard Trilogy, Gran Turismo... missing loads. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:03am
Micro Machines and EA Hockey

All the GTAs

Have to say though I was never too gone on San Andreas
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:35am
San Andreas was my favourite GTA, I remember cruising through the countryside on a quad bike then usually up the mountain and fly off it in some shape LOL The tunes on it were brilliant too. GTA IV was a disappointment following it, seemed bleak and dreary in comparison.
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:49am
Postal - was another interesting game i played years back - very funny movie too 
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:56am
play Call of Duty all the time. Big fan of the games though Ghosts and Advanced Warfare were total muck.  Black Ops 3 is the last straw and if its crap it will destroy the franchise. 

Also looking forward to Fallout 4. Loved 3 so hopefully more and better to come
put em under pressure!
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

play Call of Duty all the time. Big fan of the games though Ghosts and Advanced Warfare were total muck.  Black Ops 3 is the last straw and if its crap it will destroy the franchise. 

Also looking forward to Fallout 4. Loved 3 so hopefully more and better to come

Played a lot of Call of Duty myself. Praying BO3 will be good, would nearly just prefer if they kept it basic and just remade COD4 with better graphics and new maps.
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 2:08pm
yeah i agree. All that mental jumping in AW was complete crap. Then people hated the skill based match making that was on it meaning if you were really good you constantly got difficult lobbies so people started to reverse boost in order to get easier lobbies.

MW2 & 3 were the best, they never should of changed the format at all.

BO3 looks good from the multiplayer ive seen tho theres still fuking running along a wall which is going to be annoying.
put em under pressure!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic