You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overall state of LOI Stadia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: In your opinion whats the overall state of the current league stadia?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.94%]
12 [35.29%]
21 [61.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

RTID clueless again.

I played in a host of county grounds and LOI grounds and I can safely say the GAA county stadiums are way ahead of LOI grounds for the most part.

The dressing rooms in Dayler Athlone Towns "were" a disgrace.
Inchicore dressing rooms were as basic as you come, pretty poor when i played there.
Who was talking about dressing rooms?
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 1:21pm
Rovers, Cork, Sligo, Waterford and Galway are up to standard. The rest are far behind.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 1:59pm
Jinx Avenue side in sligo is not up to standard. The view is obscured by poles and fences and the seats are broken.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Jinx Avenue side in sligo is not up to standard. The view is obscured by poles and fences and the seats are broken.

Hmmm I suppose you're right. I suppose it's the best stadium in the league that is owned by a club.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

How many GAA county grounds have you visited?
A number of them. The GAA recently had to reduce capacity in almost all of them as there were massive health and safety concerns. Most county grounds are aged kips - even relatively modern onces like Parnell Park are nothing special.
How many of the listed would you consider even ok?

Like f**k you have.

Some of the grounds are not great but the vast majority are better than any of the LOI grounds I have been to.

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 3:39pm
Rubbish. Places like Navan, Sligo and Drogheda are absolute holes, far worse than any LoI ground. Pairc Ui Caoimh is another stalinist armpit.

Or put another way, what county ground has the facilities and spectator comfort of Tallaght or Turners Cross? Casement, the Gaelic Grounds and possibly Semple stadium. The rest are way off the standard of better LoI venues.
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 3:44pm

Rubbish. Places like Navan, Sligo and Drogheda are absolute holes, far worse than any LoI ground. Pairc Ui Caoimh is another stalinist armpit.

Or put another way, what county ground has the facilities and spectator comfort of Tallaght or Turners Cross? Casement, the Gaelic Grounds and possibly Semple stadium. The rest are way off the standard of better LoI venues.

Thank fcuk this has been 80% demolished in the last few weeks. 
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 3:56pm

LOLLOLEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Have you seen the state of Casement Park lately

Tullamore and Pearse Stadium are at a better standard than most LOI grounds.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 4:05pm

Jesus you Gahliban are touchy.

The simple and uncontroversial point was relative to other sports in Ireland, LoI grounds are in the main quite good. It takes some class of zealot to get all offended on behalf of the Gah over that statement.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Shams will soon be homeless again when Alex white realises the windmill potential of our ground. If you live in Tallaght, expect the knock on the door from Airtricity soon.

I agree completely Tallaght County Council Stadium would be of far more use as a windmill farm.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 4:32pm

The simple and uncontroversial point was relative to other sports in Ireland, LoI grounds are in the main quite good. It takes some class of zealot to get all offended on behalf of the Gah over that statement.
I didn't get offended, I just pulled you up on your spoofing.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 4:33pm

This is nonsense. We only have one ground with 4 sides to it. Most grounds are lucky to have one toilet (that isn't a porta potty).
We do have some nice grounds but compared to other sports we are a long way off.
Have we better grounds than GAA? Absolutely not
Rugby? Thomand, RDS, Ravenhill and the Sportsground. Bar the Sportsground the other stadia would be top grounds in this league.

We have some nice grounds no doubt about that. The top 3 are fairly obvious but 2 of those can be classed as works in progress.
Then we have nice grounds like Deacy, RSC and Inchicore.

I do have a lot of hope for the future. Finn Harps are building a new stadium.
Money is in place for a brand new Brandywell and Dalymount is going to get fixed up too.
Have a look at the SPL grounds and its far from a top league.
St Mirrens stadium is beautiful:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Premier_League_stadiums

I would love to think the infrastructure here could get to that level but St.Mirren spent £8million (about E10 M) and I don't see where any of our sides would get that kind of money from and a lot of them would certainly need to improve facilities to that level for it to have an effect on attendances.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 5:02pm
Let's try this another way. Which is the better stadium? Markevic Park or the Showgrounds?
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 5:19pm
I have not been to either so I can't comment.

Is Tallaght Stadium better than Croke Park?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 5:45pm
Is Croke Park a county ground?

Edited by roverstillidie - 14 Aug 2015 at 5:45pm
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 5:54pm
The GAA heads haven't got the memo rtid spouts so much nonsense it's barely worth replying to him at this stage

props for using 'gahliban' though LOL.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 5:58pm

Is Croke Park a county ground?

Its not, you got me there.

I would say that Parnell Park is in better shape than any LOI ground in Dublin.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by The U The U wrote:

The GAA heads haven't got the memo rtid spouts so much nonsense it's barely worth replying to him at this stage

props for using 'gahliban' though LOL.
I know what he is like, this is just keeping me entertained while I am waiting to finish work and go to Dalymount.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic