You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overall state of LOI Stadia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: In your opinion whats the overall state of the current league stadia?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.94%]
12 [35.29%]
21 [61.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overall state of LOI Stadia?
    Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 4:37pm
So I fell down a Wiki black hole last and I ended up looking up the SPL stadia. I was surprised as they are all pretty good grounds but (outside of Ibrox and Celtic Park) nothing exceptional and certainly achievable in this league.
What are peoples overall opinions of our current Stadia and hopes for the future?
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 6:06pm
Some very good, some ok, some unsafe. Quite like most leagues. Overall better than most GAA county grounds
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 9:08pm
Plenty of crap stadiums; Bohs, Sligo and Derry all standing out in my mind. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 9:10pm
Jodi is far from crap, probably my favourite in the league
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

The Jodi Stand is good but they shoved us in the Des Kelly stand last time, full of massive weeds, no toilets and no food/drink outlets. The other two stands look even worse. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 9:14pm
Sligos stadium is very good as well...finn park is the nou camp of loi😜
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 9:22pm
Eamonn Deacy park and turners cross are 2 fine grounds
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

The Jodi Stand is good but they shoved us in the Des Kelly stand last time, full of massive weeds, no toilets and no food/drink outlets. The other two stands look even worse. 

Ah yeah it does look fairly sh*t, we rarely have proper away ends open for us so not been on a lot of them

Oriel away is a disgrace, as is drogs but I love the place.

Cork, Galway, Pats all good grounds. UCD a nice set up too

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 1:06am
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Plenty of crap stadiums; Bohs, Sligo and Derry all standing out in my mind. 

The Showgies? Ah stop. Has to be top 3 grounds in the league.
Even the away end is comfortable compared to some of the pig pens in other grounds.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 1:41am
Bitored, setting up a thread to have a go at the league because once again Sligo after their brief tilt at the windmill are back in their first for existence. If you live Sligo,expect the knock on the door soon.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 14 Aug 2015 at 1:42am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Bitored, setting up a thread to have a go at the league because once again Sligo after their brief tilt at the windmill are back in their first for existence. If you live Sligo,expect the knock on the door soon.

Take it easy on the buckfast on a Thursday night CH
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 10:11am

Try the Shed or the deathtrap that is the Connaught Street stand. Unnaceptable at every level.

Oriel, Dalymount, Tolka and United Park are unsafe and not fit for purpose. Tallaght, Turners Cross and the Showgrounds are perfectly fine and the best smaller stadia on the island. The rest are int he 'ok' area.
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 10:39am
Sligo is a lovely ground, certainly far from being in the "crap" category. 

Turners Cross is the best in the league, 4 all covered all seated stands right up into the pitch with about 6 pubs within a 5 minute walking distance. New toilet block being built at the away end also. Nothing like it.

Tallaght and Eamonn Deacy would be great if only the ends were filled out somehow, especially in Tallaght. 

Richmond Park is by far my favourite ground in Dublin, nice and close to the pitch again.

Oriel is just dangerous but thats been done to death so we'll leave that be. 

Longford is a weird one cause its a nice design but its in the middle of nowhere.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 10:55am
Dalymount ~ 1 decent stand the rest fit for demolition 3/10
 Carlisle Grounds ~ No cover for away fans, couldn't class it as a stadium 2/10
 Turners Cross, 4 covered all seater stands, lacks toilet facilities at st annes end 8/10
 Brandywell, 1 decent stand, its a greyhound stadium 3/10
 United Park, Fit for demolition, 2/10
 Oriel Park, 1 old stand with bar facilities, time for a major facelift 3/10
 Eammon Deasy Park, 1 decent stand and 1 other all seater stand, serves its purpose 6/10
 Markets Field, I haven't been so I cant rate 5/10
 City Calling Stadium, 1 covered stand, no cover for away fans 5/10
 Richmond Park, 1 covered all seater stand, poor toilet facilities 4/10
 Tallaght Stadium, Purpose built modern sports arena with room for expansion 8/10
 Showground's , Decent effort could do something behind the goal 7/10

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 11:33am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Some very good, some ok, some unsafe. Quite like most leagues. Overall better than most GAA county grounds

How many GAA county grounds have you visited?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 11:50am
RTID clueless again.

I played in a host of county grounds and LOI grounds and I can safely say the GAA county stadiums are way ahead of LOI grounds for the most part.

The dressing rooms in Dayler Athlone Towns "were" a disgrace.
Inchicore dressing rooms were as basic as you come, pretty poor when i played there.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 12:44pm
Looking forward to a response if it ever comes, RTID usually out of his depth regarding most subjects but his crusade against the GAA is laughable LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

How many GAA county grounds have you visited?
A number of them. The GAA recently had to reduce capacity in almost all of them as there were massive health and safety concerns. Most county grounds are aged kips - even relatively modern onces like Parnell Park are nothing special.
How many of the listed would you consider even ok?

Edited by roverstillidie - 14 Aug 2015 at 1:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic